TRX Junkie
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Tundra Supercharged with King Off-road suspension
Current Ride #2
Husqvarna TX300i, KTM 350 XC, Yamaha YZ 125
I got to see and drive one today. They do exist and they are real.
1) Red looks much better than I expected.
2)just my opinion but Anvil doesn’t look as good as I expected.
3) it’s big but I expected bigger. This isn’t a negative. It’s sort of just right.
4) the interior is awesome. And if the leather doesn’t match exactly, it’s still damn nice.
5) the truck makes 35’s look like 33’s. 37’s will be the perfect
6) the power is there, of course. I didn’t romp on it but it took nothing to get it sideways going around a roundabout. And the front end pushes a bit. May need to steer with the throttle more. At first I didnt think it felt much more powerful than my SC’d Tundra. But then I realized I was only half throttle.
7) the suspension feels good. Very similar to my King setup but I can’t wait to use the various modes.
8) the dealership I was at (I’m out of town working) wanted $118,000 for this LE. 🙄

I know that most if not all of this is old news but this was the first time I even saw one UHC less drove one. These are just my opinions. I hope my granite looks as good as Red does.

I got to see and drive one today. They do exist and they are real.
1) Red looks much better than I expected.
2)just my opinion but Anvil doesn’t look as good as I expected.
3) it’s big but I expected bigger. This isn’t a negative. It’s sort of just right.
4) the interior is awesome. And if the leather doesn’t match exactly, it’s still damn nice.
5) the truck makes 35’s look like 33’s. 37’s will be the perfect
6) the power is there, of course. I didn’t romp on it but it took nothing to get it sideways going around a roundabout. And the front end pushes a bit. May need to steer with the throttle more. At first I didnt think it felt much more powerful than my SC’d Tundra. But then I realized I was only half throttle.
7) the suspension feels good. Very similar to my King setup but I can’t wait to use the various modes.
8) the dealership I was at (I’m out of town working) wanted $118,000 for this LE. 🙄

I know that most if not all of this is old news but this was the first time I even saw one UHC less drove one. These are just my opinions. I hope my granite looks as good as Red does.
On the size issue I’m starting to think that a lot of the fans are comparing the TRX to 1500s and F-150s.
I have a 2500 and I have this suspicion that the size of my TRX isn’t gonna wow me as I’m already used to a large truck.
Now if comparable to a 2021 Power Wagon I’ll be happy but I’m not holding my breath.

Thanks for your first impressions. I still haven't seen the truck in person yet, but hopefully I can soon. Pretty cool the dealer let you go for a test drive.

On the size issue I’m starting to think that a lot of the fans are comparing the TRX to 1500s and F-150s.
I have a 2500 and I have this suspicion that the size of my TRX isn’t gonna wow me as I’m already used to a large truck.
Now if comparable to a 2021 Power Wagon I’ll be happy but I’m not holding my breath.
I agree. There was a lifted 1500 and a PW that I looked at as well. Both were taller than the TRX. And I didn’t feel like the width was much different.
one thing I didn’t add to the list was that I feel this truck needs a bit more character. Not from the factory type character but aftermarket. I am anxious to get started on this.

i had a 2500 mega cab...trx is way easier to drive and park. getting used to fender flare in tight parking is only adjustment. i had 6.4 hemi in 2500 too. great engine, but with the transmission and heft of truck, it worked alot. driving around (only 350 miles so far) trx is way more responsive, and there is a whole lotta pedal under your foot, even cruising at 80 on highway... if you dig in abit, SC "wines up" and you literally walk away from anyone trying to keep up or ride next to you.....its impressive.

interior is great

i had a 2500 mega cab...trx is way easier to drive and park. getting used to fender flare in tight parking is only adjustment. i had 6.4 hemi in 2500 too. great engine, but with the transmission and heft of truck, it worked alot. driving around (only 350 miles so far) trx is way more responsive, and there is a whole lotta pedal under your foot, even cruising at 80 on highway... if you dig in abit, SC "wines up" and you literally walk away from anyone trying to keep up or ride next to you.....its impressive.

interior is great
Glad to hear that! Enjoy and Cheers

I have a 2500 and a 3500. The difference I am seeing with the TRX is you cant see where fenders are. Its a blind spot, you can see to the edges of the hood, but you mentally know there is four more inches on each side that you can't see.

I forgot a few other things I observed yesterday while poking around the truck.
1) the motor had a ticking sound but it went away once it warmed up. Took maybe a minute.
2) the fender flares don’t really seem to be all that vulnerable to tire rubbing and more than the entire wheel well is. It’s a pretty seamless transition from wheel well to fender.
3) if any trimming were necessary in the well it would be easy. Mostly just plastic trimming.

I just hope everyone is right when they say it's big. I drive 2015 MegaCab Diesel with 35's and Bushwhacker fender flares and I hope it's at least that big looking besides the length.

I just hope everyone is right when they say it's big. I drive 2015 MegaCab Diesel with 35's and Bushwhacker fender flares and I hope it's at least that big looking besides the length.
You may need to add 37’s and a bushwhackers.

Already have the 37's ready!

i had 35's on my 2500 mega as well and this "feels" a bit wider. i think width of 2500 was 79" (2016) 35's stuck out a bit from stock fenders.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back