First Dino-truck heading to Windrock?!?!

FULLTHROTTLERICK

| NO FEAR |
2x TRX of the Month 🏆
2x Video of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Just booked a trip with Prodigal Overland (great little family offroad group that puts on about 10 events/year all over the country) for 6/9-6/12. I have not seen or heard of anyone taking a TRX to Windrock so I'm excited to be one of the guinea pigs haha. I'm looking for advice from anyone with Windrock experience on what to expect and bring, as well as some general thoughts on my prep list below & the items I'm on the fence about getting in advance:

So far my Windrock-related prep is as follows:
  • Full PPF on all painted surfaces + headlights/fog lights
  • Winch installed in bumper & recovery gear, tow strap, snatch block, d-rings, soft shackles, traction boards, tons of tools/etc on board. They will have a hi-lift jack so no need to bring on my end.
  • Got OBD-2 reader/clearer just in case anything comes up. Also have fire extinguisher & front pod lights & rear aux lights in case the lights go out.
  • Just ordered SDHQ rear shock mount guards (wasnt digging the big metal lip to collect rocks on the Foutz)
  • Just ordered that sweet new dash cam w/front & rear cams to capture the shenanigans
  • Likely buying Rocky road outfitters rock rails w/integrated steps (this seems like the only outfit that makes em for our rigs)
  • Possibly buying Foutz rear differential/pumpkin skid (not crazy about losing any ground clearance here but i think our breakover/etc is bad enough that I'll be scraping this thing regardless of whether I have an extra 0.5" of ground clearance at the rear diff)
  • I've also got 2 new rear fender flares to put on if/when mine are annihilated lol

Pic for attention
3FB33F91-0664-4C0E-81A9-D3B73515CF39.jpeg

Just booked a trip with Prodigal Overland (great little family offroad group that puts on about 10 events/year all over the country) for 6/9-6/12. I have not seen or heard of anyone taking a TRX to Windrock so I'm excited to be one of the guinea pigs haha. I'm looking for advice from anyone with Windrock experience on what to expect and bring, as well as some general thoughts on my prep list below & the items I'm on the fence about getting in advance:

So far my Windrock prep is as follows:
  • Full PPF on all painted surfaces + headlights/fog lights
  • Winch installed in bumper & recovery gear, tow strap, snatch block, d-rings, soft shackles, traction boards, etc on board
  • Got OBD-2 reader/clearer just in case anything comes up. Also have fire extinguisher & front pod lights & rear aux lights in case the lights go out.
  • Just ordered SDHQ rear shock mount guards (wasnt digging the big metal lip to collect rocks on the Foutz)
  • Just ordered that sweet new dash cam w/front & rear cams to capture the shenanigans
  • Likely buying Rocky road outfitters rock rails w/integrated steps (this seems like the only outfit that makes em for our rigs)
  • Possibly buying Foutz rear differential/pumpkin skid (not crazy about losing any ground clearance here but i think our breakover/etc is bad enough that I'll be scraping this thing regardless of whether I have an extra 0.5" of ground clearance at the rear diff)
  • I've also got 2 new rear fender flares to put on if/when mine are annihilated lol
Are you running 35s still? If you upped to 37s, likely want to at least level the truck or invest in coils or Kings.

Are you running 35s still? If you upped to 37s, likely want to at least level the truck or invest in coils or Kings.
Yep still on 35s but i'm level as can be with the tools & recovery gear in the trunk & winch in the front

I took mine to Uwharrie and ended up riding sxs all day because there ain't no way it would fit down those trails. You're probably goning to use the skids alot at windrock.

I took mine to Uwharrie and ended up riding sxs all day because there ain't no way it would fit down those trails. You're probably goning to use the skids alot at windrock.
Yea I'm leaving my SxS at home so i'll have to find (or make) a trail wide enough to fit my Rex haha. I always keep a machete, a couple hand saws & compact chainsaw on board so i'll be ready!

I can't see how this turns out. I tried a couple of local places and there's too much width with the TRX. We are just going to go yp to Ouachita and play on the forest roads and hopefully a few trails off the path.

Ive seen quite a few vids of full size trucks out there so we’ll find a way!

Ive seen quite a few vids of full size trucks out there so we’ll find a way!
Oh cool, I just watched one video and it looked like a contest to see who could tear there bottom out of their rig the fastest. I think I would put on 37s

Going fast offroad is my MO but yes i agree Windrock is a diff animal so I'll need to simmer down

Going fast offroad is my MO but yes i agree Windrock is a diff animal so I'll need to simmer down
Definitely doesn't look like a Baja trail. I have a big desire to start doing some wheeling but I wonder if I should just get a jeep for it?

Yea a jeep is probably the most common vehicle out there & in Moab from what i've seen. I like being the uncommon one

So far Im gathering that trails 2, 11, 22, and 26 are likely the best ones for the Rex. Anyone have any other trails or feedback on these?

Windrock is a BLAST! Although I would just bring the SxS to enjoy all of it! I have friend that moved about 40 mins away from there. I’ve only been once but ready to go back! There and Royal Blue

Windrock is a BLAST! Although I would just bring the SxS to enjoy all of it! I have friend that moved about 40 mins away from there. I’ve only been once but ready to go back! There and Royal Blue
I’ve got a 9 Hour drive from Florida with my 6y old daughter to meet up with some jeeps and pick ups - so for this trip I’m not towin shit! Just gunna enjoy the ride!

You’re gonna have a blast!! Go find the old abandoned train and the old train tunnel!! I didn’t find out about these until after we went! They’re on my list for next time!! I’ll find the YouTube videos and post

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back