First 40 Miles on the Odometer and only 1 glaring problem I need to fix ASAP

Congrats, happy to see you enjoying your truck. Thanks for the update on the overspray from the wheels.
There are currently no mudflaps available for the TRX. Gatorback mudflaps are real close to selling theirs. They just need Rams approval. They are the best mud-flaps as far as looks and quality in my opinion. They are not cheap but our trucks are not either.

Attachments

• B7026361-F8CA-48C7-A104-C42CEC886E6F.png
    B7026361-F8CA-48C7-A104-C42CEC886E6F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • F1BD5337-FC5E-4155-9951-75E0C3725F5F.png
    F1BD5337-FC5E-4155-9951-75E0C3725F5F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • 433D51B5-7F3A-4BED-8052-A07199CD6D1A.png
    433D51B5-7F3A-4BED-8052-A07199CD6D1A.png
    944.6 KB · Views: 65
I think this is why Im going to leave mine at the dealer until the first rain fall to wash this crap off all of the roads.

I agree with those saying they don't care for mud flaps, I'm not a huge fan either. The pics of them here on the forums are actually some of the better looking ones I have seen but still prefer the look of the truck without them. I already bought the Mopar power steps for my truck but haven't installed them yet due to the weather currently. Makes me wonder if the factory running boards would protect against this type of thing. I think I would prefer the running boards over power folding with mud flaps.

I agree with those saying they don't care for mud flaps, I'm not a huge fan either. The pics of them here on the forums are actually some of the better looking ones I have seen but still prefer the look of the truck without them. I already bought the Mopar power steps for my truck but haven't installed them yet due to the weather currently. Makes me wonder if the factory running boards would protect against this type of thing. I think I would prefer the running boards over power folding with mud flaps.
I have the off road factory running boards and I drove 30 miles round trip yesterday in "light snow flurries" and when I got out of the truck the entire side of the truck from front to back was COMPLETELY covered in dirty salty slush garbage from about 4 inches below the bottom of the window all the way down to the running boards including about a half inch thick caked on both door handles inside and out.....

Not trying to be a whinny bitch but mud flaps are getting installed front and rear on my truck as soon as humanly possible and I am really against the look of them.......And I would suggest to anyone that is going to daily drive their TRX no matter where you live look hard into either ppf or mudflaps because if the tires are throwing up this much snow and ice they are going to be throwing up just as much rocks sand and rain and destroy your paint

How's the ride compare to your Limited?
The limited with air suspension was a tiny bit more comfortable over "normal" roads with small bumps and cracks in the road, but that is a testimate to how good at driving on normal roads the TRX is because the limited on air suspension rides better than some older Bentleys ive been in IMO....However the TRX is hands down the most comfortable vehicle I have ever been in going over speed bumps, curbs, and large pot holes at high rates of speed.....I've driven and rode in dozens of purpose built off road jeeps and trucks on 37 to 42 inch tires and anyone who claims they have one that has even a "decent ride" is either lying or has never been in a pillow soft luxury vehicle that literally feels like you are floating on a cloud while going down the road, because while they are capable of going over pretty much anything it will knock all the fillings out of your teeth while you are doing it.

Picked up my truck yesterday with 11 miles on the odometer, had the dealer put it on the lift and inspected all the "common" problems people are seeing took it on a 30 mile test drive and put it back on the rack and I'm happy to say that everything seems to be in working order with no squeak or tick that others are having.......And like everyone else I must say pictures really don't do this truck justice, it is WAY more impressive in person.....

All that being said on my test drive driving around in the Midwest post snow slush salt disgusting mix for 30 miles when I got out the driver and front passenger door handles were COVERED is black icy salty dirty slush. I'm not the type of person that washes and waxes my daily driver every time it gets a spec of dirt on it, during the winter months I'll spray it down with a pressure washer so salt doesn't sit on it and i spray down the undercarriage with WD40 once a month to prevent rust. However, I now don't care how bad mud flaps look on the front fenders I need to find a solution to the door handles getting covered every time I drive it in the snow, in the mean time I threw some rags in the back seat door pocket so I can clean off the driver door handle before getting in so I don't get the salty slush all over my steering wheel and interior.

Very minor complaint considering some of the issues other owners are having, however if any of you plan on driving your TRX in the snow and are on the fence about getting mud flaps trust me order them ASAP
Raptor has the same problem. I prefer the Ralley Armor flap. They are generic which means you can position them where you want and they really keep a lot off the door. Also for those folks with power steps, if you don’t have A flap, that step gets covered in muck. Will be adding these to my TRX first thing.

Attachments

• 1DC9F3E5-3252-4F55-91A4-25E7EE357E0E.png
    1DC9F3E5-3252-4F55-91A4-25E7EE357E0E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
There are currently no mudflaps available for the TRX. Gatorback mudflaps are real close to selling theirs. They just need Rams approval. They are the best mud-flaps as far as looks and quality in my opinion. They are not cheap but our trucks are not either.
I just got on their list to notify me as soon as they become available. Thanks for the info

No flaps , just do PPF . Hell of a lot more expensive but looks 100 times better in my opinion .planning on doing full body expel on mine once this Wisconsin winter is over with . The salt in the road this year is insane

I am currently obeying the break in period suggestions so I can't comment on performance but I took it all around to various huge speedbumps and shitty railroad tracks that I had to slow down to under 20 mph for in my old truck and hit them at 35 mph and literally hardly noticed any shock......I took it around some winding 30 mph max speed corners at about 55 and it understeers quite a bit and there is a good amount of body roll as to be expected but it stayed very well planted and I definitely could have pushed it faster with no problem....

All in all I am very happy and as soon as some of this 37 inches of snow we have got in the last 2 weeks melts I'm going to be itching to get it off road. And 500 miles cant come fast enough so I can get into the throttle.
It was pushing under decent throttle in corners? How badly? At what point in the corner?

when you say understeer do you mean tough to turn in or traditional loss of grip in front wheels?

No flaps , just do PPF . Hell of a lot more expensive but looks 100 times better in my opinion .planning on doing full body expel on mine once this Wisconsin winter is over with . The salt in the road this year is insane
I’m probably doing flaps and wrap or ppf. The wrap is there to absorb damage. The flaps are there so I don’t have to grab snow/mud/slush everytime I touch the handle

It was pushing under decent throttle in corners? How badly? At what point in the corner?

when you say understeer do you mean tough to turn in or traditional loss of grip in front wheels?
I mean understeer in the traditional sense, the front tires were chirping and pushing me out wider than the turn starting at about the apex when I was about double the posted max speed limit in the curve on a "damp" road at 20 degrees F on tires with less than 50 total miles on them......

By no means a conclusive test of how this truck would perform on a track, but more of what anyone who has any experience on a track would assume would happen to a 7 foot tall 6400 pound truck with soft offroad suspension expect to happen, but IMO it handled far better than I expected it to.

If it makes any difference to you my lateral max G force registered by the truck was 0.82 Gs so far....I'm not certain which curve I was on when that happened and am confident I could have pushed it harder even in the conditions I was testing it in...At some point this summer once I can get new brakes and rotors in hand I'll probably take it to a track and run it until the brakes fail just to say I did it (I don't expect to get more than a couple laps in after its warmed up)

I’m probably doing flaps and wrap or ppf. The wrap is there to absorb damage. The flaps are there so I don’t have to grab snow/mud/slush everytime I touch the handle
My thoughts exactly, I can't be getting dirt on my delicate hands every time I open the door to my truck

I have the off road factory running boards and I drove 30 miles round trip yesterday in "light snow flurries" and when I got out of the truck the entire side of the truck from front to back was COMPLETELY covered in dirty salty slush garbage from about 4 inches below the bottom of the window all the way down to the running boards including about a half inch thick caked on both door handles inside and out.....

Not trying to be a whinny bitch but mud flaps are getting installed front and rear on my truck as soon as humanly possible and I am really against the look of them.......And I would suggest to anyone that is going to daily drive their TRX no matter where you live look hard into either ppf or mudflaps because if the tires are throwing up this much snow and ice they are going to be throwing up just as much rocks sand and rain and destroy your paint
Thanks for the follow up, good to know they don't help any before I wasted time/money on a set to find out. (y)

Thank for fo

Thank you for clarifying and the links to the products you use. I live outside of Philly, Pa and the local township is going ape s*** with road salt this season.
Just be sure not to spray the brakes.

Thanks for the follow up, good to know they don't help any before I wasted time/money on a set to find out. (y)
I actually found that weather tech has mud flaps for the raptor that include a front rear and a mid that goes on the factory raptor running boards.....I'm guessing raptor owners have already discovered this first world problem and were willing to go to great lengths to stop it

I encountered the same problem here in Indiana with the crap on the door handles. I just installed the factory running boards, but haven't encountered enough snow since to give you an answer to that. Supposed to get more snow Sunday. So, I'll let you know. Unless another forum member has the answer. It also throws the crap on the flare side of the bed. The fuel flap gets caked with shit. We did get snow yesterday morning, and I noticed that the bedsides stayed clean. So, if nothing else, the factory running boards block it from being thrown on the bedside. I just didn't pay attention to the handles because they were clean when I got in and by the time I got in again, the snow had melted.

Last edited:
I mean understeer in the traditional sense, the front tires were chirping and pushing me out wider than the turn starting at about the apex when I was about double the posted max speed limit in the curve on a "damp" road at 20 degrees F on tires with less than 50 total miles on them......

By no means a conclusive test of how this truck would perform on a track, but more of what anyone who has any experience on a track would assume would happen to a 7 foot tall 6400 pound truck with soft offroad suspension expect to happen, but IMO it handled far better than I expected it to.

If it makes any difference to you my lateral max G force registered by the truck was 0.82 Gs so far....I'm not certain which curve I was on when that happened and am confident I could have pushed it harder even in the conditions I was testing it in...At some point this summer once I can get new brakes and rotors in hand I'll probably take it to a track and run it until the brakes fail just to say I did it (I don't expect to get more than a couple laps in after its warmed up)
Thanks for the description. That’s helpful. .82g on wet pavement in a 6500 pound pickup is solid.

and based on some reviews/owner experiences. It would take about 3 heavy braking corners to roast the brakes. How hard have you been on the brakes and have you noticed any fade/etc?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back