FINALLY CAME IN!

Durango

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram 4WD 2500, Jeep Rubicon, Mercedes 4WD Sprinter, Scat Pack Charger, Ram TRX
Picked up the Hydro TRX yesterday - what a sweet ride! Had dealer go over a bunch things besides their normal PDI, from a list I put together from the lists and comments on here. All looked good. (haven't checked the fuses yet tho - figured I could at least manage that!) Followed break-in procedure to a Tee - not very fun but who knows?, maybe that will pay off in the long run.
Bought the MoPar Full warranty - although I don't usually keep vehicles that long, figured I JUST might keep this one.

Question for other Level II owners - did you get the surround camera feature where there are cameras in the mirrors in addition to the front and rear? I thought I remembered that being an option I didn't opt for, but this has it. Cool.

Six-three and I can still see the heads up display - I must have my height in the legs! And got the bell ring i what seems to be the exhaust system - not a biggy but interesting...

Thanks to my guys (both currently and formerly with) at Hunter in Lancaster!
20210620_081646.jpg

Picked up the Hydro TRX yesterday - what a sweet ride! Had dealer go over a bunch things besides their normal PDI, from a list I put together from the lists and comments on here. All looked good. (haven't checked the fuses yet tho - figured I could at least manage that!) Followed break-in procedure to a Tee - not very fun but who knows?, maybe that will pay off in the long run.
Bought the MoPar Full warranty - although I don't usually keep vehicles that long, figured I JUST might keep this one.

Question for other Level II owners - did you get the surround camera feature where there are cameras in the mirrors in addition to the front and rear? I thought I remembered that being an option I didn't opt for, but this has it. Cool.

Six-three and I can still see the heads up display - I must have my height in the legs! And got the bell ring i what seems to be the exhaust system - not a biggy but interesting...

Thanks to my guys (both currently and formerly with) at Hunter in Lancaster!View attachment 15590
Looks absolutely stunning. The level 2 package comes with cameras in the mirror for 360 camera. There was some confusion early on if that option got dropped with the tow mirrors like the other RAM trims but now RAM offers 360 camera with the tow mirrors.

Looks absolutely stunning. The level 2 package comes with cameras in the mirror for 360 camera. There was some confusion early on if that option got dropped with the tow mirrors like the other RAM trims but now RAM offers 360 camera with the tow mirrors.
Ah - thanks! I got the tow mirrors, and they got the cameras for the 360 deg! I also got two key fobs.

Congratulations! I picked mine up from Hunter a couple weeks ago. That color looks amazing.

These trucks are amazing. I have had my Billet Silver a month now and still haven’t seen another in my town. I know there is at least 1 more but I haven’t seen it

These trucks are amazing. I have had my Billet Silver a month now and still haven’t seen another in my town. I know there is at least 1 more but I haven’t seen it
Billet silver is amazing color, don’t have to always wash her. Like a cat, she can clean herself, at least looks clean.
I initiated ordered billet silver at last year Dec. but my dealer lost or sold it, nobody knows. I was forced to change to diamond black in another dealer. Still awaiting :(
But, black is good too. All colors are good. They are TRX!

Congrats! Now you can wear that shirt you got!

Congrats! Now you can wear that shirt you got!
Thanks! I'll wear that only on special occasions. (do you suppose a friend's daughter's wedding counts as one? As long as I go to the wedding in the TRX...)

Ah - thanks! I got the tow mirrors, and they got the cameras for the 360 deg! I also got two key fobs.
What's the difference between standard and tow mirrors? Any size difference? Any reason to get the tow mirrors if you are NOT going to tow?

She's a beauty... I'm glad people are getting their truck... Hopefully I'll be on the list soon!

What's the difference between standard and tow mirrors? Any size difference? Any reason to get the tow mirrors if you are NOT going to tow?
Bigger, and they rotate inward with a button. And, they can be rotated 90 deg upward for towing - different view. Mostly though, they don't have the convex passenger side full mirror - the passenger side like the driver's side has a flat (undistorted) mirror, and then a smaller, separate, convex mirror.
I won't use this truck to tow anything I'm sure, but I have those mirrors on my other Ram, and have had them in the past, and just prefer the view with them over the others.
On a related note - turned off that digital rearview mirror view after a few miles when I picked it up - something about it is really distracting and I found myself glancing that way when I didn't want to! Will take some getting used to - but for now it's turned off.

I have a 2022 on order from Hunter. Very nice folks to deal with.
Yes, very nice. I've bought quite a few from them - always happy. And, they don't mark up as a matter of policy on pretty much everything.

Bigger, and they rotate inward with a button. And, they can be rotated 90 deg upward for towing - different view. Mostly though, they don't have the convex passenger side full mirror - the passenger side like the driver's side has a flat (undistorted) mirror, and then a smaller, separate, convex mirror.
I won't use this truck to tow anything I'm sure, but I have those mirrors on my other Ram, and have had them in the past, and just prefer the view with them over the others.
On a related note - turned off that digital rearview mirror view after a few miles when I picked it up - something about it is really distracting and I found myself glancing that way when I didn't want to! Will take some getting used to - but for now it's turned off.

Do the standard ones fold in electronically

Somebody else will have to answer - I had a '19 new gen with the standard ones (bought off lot so no choice), but can't recall if they folded in electrically or not...

Yes, the standard mirrors power-fold, as well.

Somebody else will have to answer - I had a '19 new gen with the standard ones (bought off lot so no choice), but can't recall if they folded in electrically or not...
On the '19s, only the standard mirrors offered power-folding. In fact, there was a rather large fiasco with the 2019s, and the trailer tow group - which added the tow mirrors, and also deleted the 360 surround view, due to the fact that the tow mirrors didn't have the cameras in them. This wasn't explained in the literature very well, and caught a lot of owners by surprise. I myself wound up cancelling my 2019 order (as it was on the transport truck heading to the dealer) and re-ordered without the trailer tow group, because I didn't really care about the mirrors, but really wanted the surround cameras.

I think FCA added cameras to the tow mirrors for the HDs in 2020, but weren't offered on the 1500s until MY'21. It was really a shit show there for a while.

But, as of 2021, all mirror-related features (heated, power-folding, and surround-view-capable) are present on both the standard or the tow mirrors. The only differences are the tow mirrors can be manually rotated up and out to extend even further, while the standard mirrors can NOT make your truck look like Dumbo with the big floppy ears ;)

Last edited:

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back