FCA slow delivery

It’s not my truck. I’m out a deposit that I’ll get refunded. I’d like to buy it if they can find it, but other than material breach of contract, I have no other claim — and even then…. Can I really sue them for the value of the materials breach? Doubtful. So it is what it is.

it’s not the dealership.
It’s a sold order and I confirmed with Ram.
it’s invoiced in my name.

that other forum member was buying a dealer order truck that was invoiced to the dealer. That truck can’t be sold to anyone else without FCA knowing.
There was at least one incident where it was a sold order the person waited on for months and when it arrived, the dealer said it had issues or defects and they'd have to order another one.....gave the forum member the run around for a week without letting them see the "damaged" truck.....they had sold it to someone else for over sticker. Not saying that's what's happening here but it has happened.

I would wait to see what Ram and the dealer come up with next week and then pull a carfax if they don't give a clear answer just to be safe and then try to negotiate 5k off msrp for an early 2022 build like a few dealers are offering.

Honestly Jump,

I have a lot of faith in this dealership. They have integrity. It’s a very small dealer. Family owned and operated… a handful of salespeople… and they are thrilled for such a big sale. They don’t sell over MSRP, period. They don’t believe it fits their sales model or their customer base. They sell work vans, fleet, etc.

So I’d say 99 percent chance they aren’t goofing around. I think they’re the victim of being little fish in a big pond and likely Ram isn’t in a hurry to accommodate them.

It’s not my truck. I’m out a deposit that I’ll get refunded. I’d like to buy it if they can find it, but other than material breach of contract, I have no other claim — and even then…. Can I really sue them for the value of the materials breach? Doubtful. So it is what it is.
Agree it’s a loser of a suit and their lawyers would laugh

Agree it’s a loser of a suit and their lawyers would laugh
Agreed I think the only possible recourse would be if he stomped his feet enough to the right people he may be able to get employee pricing and/or comped extended warranty that’s what I’d try and shoot for and they still may tell you to pound sand

That sucks buddy. I feel for you it’s crap that it “disappeared” when it arrived. I know through a dealership contact buddy that they’ve “lost” one between two dealers on a transport before. It reappeared because the transport truck actually broke down and it eventually needed to be loaded onto another transport. Did the transport it was allegedly on actually arrive at the dealer? That should be pretty easy for the dealer to confirm. Maybe some idiot scanned it before loading and realized the transport was full and left it at the rail yard? Stupid crap happens. I know another member had a truck that was lost for 3 weeks on a broke down rail car. Stupid shit happens in shipping. It truly is a black hole of incompetence.

That sucks buddy. I feel for you it’s crap that it “disappeared” when it arrived. I know through a dealership contact buddy that they’ve “lost” one between two dealers on a transport before. It reappeared because the transport truck actually broke down and it eventually needed to be loaded onto another transport. Did the transport it was allegedly on actually arrive at the dealer? That should be pretty easy for the dealer to confirm. Maybe some idiot scanned it before loading and realized the transport was full and left it at the rail yard? Stupid crap happens. I know another member had a truck that was lost for 3 weeks on a broke down rail car. Stupid shit happens in shipping. It truly is a black hole of incompetence.
I was thinking the same thing. Who was the driver of the transport? If there was one, they should be able to identify and locate and start inquiring...

I was thinking the same thing. Who was the driver of the transport? If there was one, they should be able to identify and locate and start inquiring...
This should be relatively easy for a dealer to sort out. I know my dealer found the missing one they had by making a lot of phone calls and emails. They did tell me that shipping is routinely a complete disaster. You might want to give a call to the GM. I bet there’s at least one idiot involved who forgot the truck at the rail yard.

This should be relatively easy for a dealer to sort out. I know my dealer found the missing one they had by making a lot of phone calls and emails. They did tell me that shipping is routinely a complete disaster. You might want to give a call to the GM. I bet there’s at least one idiot involved who forgot the truck at the rail yard.
Yes, @Ewea, be your own best advocate. I know from my experience in getting my truck earlier this year (after a VERY long wait), that the dealerships are not always that great at communicating. You have to stay on top of them and even make polite suggestions if they haven't covered it already. Really hoping we'll hear some good news on your thread here! :)

I agree. But whatever the case I’m sure if the truck doesn’t show up Ram and the dealership will make it right.

Unfortunately, the transport part is largely out of Ram's and the dealership's hands.
Let's hope it's a simple mistake or mishap along the way, and you'll see it soon.

I know you've been looking forward to getting it, but don't assume the worst.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t bummed. I expected to be picking up my truck on Monday.
If you want to come to oregon I’ll throw you my keys for a day to make you feel better

Yes, @Ewea, be your own best advocate. I know from my experience in getting my truck earlier this year (after a VERY long wait), that the dealerships are not always that great at communicating. You have to stay on top of them and even make polite suggestions if they haven't covered it already. Really hoping we'll hear some good news on your thread here! :)
Just show up at dealership looking like this with an open carry holster. Stop showering or brushing your teeth.
66EC0B56-9126-46F9-B372-AFB73885EBB1.jpeg

Every single day. Sit in lounge. Whenever anyone asks if you need help, yell “THEY LOST MY TRUCK!!!” And degrade to mumbling incoherence.

repeat for a week. Spend an hour or so in the lounge everyday minimum. Drink as much coffee as possible. Use all the napkins, creams, etc. Take stacks of business cards. That sorta thing

re-evaluate after a week on how to escalate.

Unfortunately, the transport part is largely out of Ram's and the dealership's hands.
Let's hope it's a simple mistake or mishap along the way, and you'll see it soon.

I know you've been looking forward to getting it, but don't assume the worst.

Just show up at dealership looking like this with an open carry holster. Stop showering or brushing your teeth.
View attachment 17582
Every single day. Sit in lounge. Whenever anyone asks if you need help, yell “THEY LOST MY TRUCK!!!” And degrade to mumbling incoherence.

repeat for a week. Spend an hour or so in the lounge everyday minimum. Drink as much coffee as possible. Use all the napkins, creams, etc. Take stacks of business cards. That sorta thing

re-evaluate after a week on how to escalate.
Well you could just go to the Dealership dressed like you are on the way to Studio 54 in 1976, tell them you are on the way to a well known "strip club" in your area to "hunt" for a "good woman" and you go by the nickname "Bambi" and until they find your truck or replace it you are not leaving! Bet they find your truck or a replacement in 10 minutes!

Well you could just go to the Dealership dressed like you are on the way to Studio 54 in 1976, tell them you are on the way to a well known "strip club" in your area to "hunt" for a "good woman" and you go by the nickname "Bambi" and until they find your truck or replace it you are not leaving! Bet they find your truck or a replacement in 10 minutes!
The flaw in your plan is as soon as he said he was Bambi, hunter of women, the fbi would fast rope out of a black helicopter. I may have burned that alias doing...... things....

Back