RasMan9

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX, 2021 Audi SQ7
Current Ride #2
2018 BMW M5, 2013 BMW M3
Looking for the exterior width of the truck with mirrors out. I believe truck is 88” w/o mirrors...what is it with mirrors?

I may need to squeak this bad boy into the garage a few times a year.

Thanks in advance!

Just fold them, assuming you have the 88" already to get into your garage.

Last edited:
I would be very curious of this as well. . .

Granted, I could always get out and fold the mirrors in. (I don't think I need the powered trailer mirrors though)

. . . could someone measure their width, mirror to mirror? (the narrower non-trailer package mirrors)

Thanks in Advance.

My TRX, with standard mirrors, clears my garage door openings of 108" (9ft.) with ~3" to spare on each side. So call it 102" mirror-to-mirror. It will NOT clear an 8' wide door.

And the standard mirrors power-fold - you don't need tow mirrors for that.

My TRX, with standard mirrors, clears my garage door openings of 108" (9ft.) with ~3" to spare on each side. So call it 102" mirror-to-mirror. It will NOT clear an 8' wide door.

And the standard mirrors power-fold - you don't need tow mirrors for that.

Thanks!!! (y)

Yeah, I have 9-foot garage doors.

. . . just eyeballing them, I assumed they'd fit and skipped the trailer power folding mirrors hoping i didn't have to get out and fold them to put it in the garage. I was completely unaware that even the standard mirrors power fold -- Thank you!!!

Thanks!!! (y)

Yeah, I have 9-foot garage doors.
When pulling in, I gauge it by the driver's side mirror. If I JUST clear the weather seal with the mirror (within an inch), then I know I'm good on the far side. When I had my '03 dually with the manual-fold trailer mirrors, it was MUCH tighter, and I have the black skidmarks on either door jamb to prove it.

After the first couple of nail-biting tries, you'll get used to it, and not give it too much thought. Much like shooting an ILS, the key is to line up early. It's those last-minute maneuvers to intercept the localizer that can really ruin your day (and paint!)

When pulling in, I gauge it by the driver's side mirror. If I JUST clear the weather seal with the mirror (within an inch), then I know I'm good on the far side. When I had my '03 dually with the manual-fold trailer mirrors, it was MUCH tighter, and I have the black skidmarks on either door jamb to prove it.

After the first couple of nail-biting tries, you'll get used to it, and not give it too much thought. Much like shooting an ILS, the key is to line up early. It's those last-minute maneuvers to intercept the localizer that can really ruin your day (and paint!)

Yeah, I'll be fine. My Challenger sleeps in the garage, and I back that in every time . . .

My TRX will also sleep in the garage every night. . . backed in.

. . . what makes it easy is I have a centerline taped out every few feet on the garage floor, and use my backup cam's parking stripes to line up and park EXACTLY in the same spot every time! Easy-Peasy! As long as I align on the centerline, each side should be just fine. I'll probably fold anyway too, just for piece of mind.

Reactions: JTR
Check your garage height as well. Mine would fit if it weren’t for her being so tall…

Check your garage height as well. Mine would fit if it weren’t for her being so tall…
Anyone know the height clearances for the TRX, TRX with Rambar, or TRX with Rambar with LED mounted lights?

Yeah, I'll be fine. My Challenger sleeps in the garage, and I back that in every time . . .

My TRX will also sleep in the garage every night. . . backed in.

. . . what makes it easy is I have a centerline taped out every few feet on the garage floor, and use my backup cam's parking stripes to line up and park EXACTLY in the same spot every time! Easy-Peasy! As long as I align on the centerline, each side should be just fine. I'll probably fold anyway too, just for piece of mind.
Great idea, I'll have to do this. I'll have inches to spare, lol

Anyone know the height clearances for the TRX, TRX with Rambar, or TRX with Rambar with LED mounted lights?
It's been reported that with the rambar its about 83-83.5". Deduct a few inches without the rambar. I think it depends on the lights you install on getting the clearance height with those installed.

Roger that! You on stock 35" tires?

RAM specs show 2021 at 80.9". My garage door is 83" with a nice flat driveway approach.

Yes, stock. You’ll want to check the measurement from the garage floor to the bottom of the door when it’s open. Usually the door hangs down a couple of inches below the opening when opened. Every inch counts…

Yes, stock. You’ll want to check the measurement from the garage floor to the bottom of the door when it’s open. Usually the door hangs down a couple of inches below the opening when opened. Every inch counts…

Gotcha' !! My door rolls up past the top of the 7' (84") door jamb . . . but I lost almost an inch for the weather-stripping that goes around the jamb, so it's at ~83". However, the lowest points of the door (i.e. the hinges) with the door fully opened, is 88-89". So I think we're good to go there!

Seriously, thank you @TXWoody for lookin' out!! (y) Every inch does indeed matter!!! ( that's what she said ) :ROFLMAO:

Back