Farm truck

Samk

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Current Ride #2
CIH 500 quad
Wondering if I am one of the few who plan on using this truck as a farm truck? Looking at putting a set of Highway side boxes on the beast since I can’t order with my standard Ram Boxes. Any body have any others they recommend, also have looked at weathergaurd. Been running ram boxes since the year they came out instead of in bed boxes. Really going to miss being able to put a pallet in the back, kids motorbikes, etc. Farm irrigated circles in Central Washington, thinking the Baja mode will really help on my ride into pivots. Expected ship date of my Granite 3151 is 1/31, ordered 8/18. Hoping build goes well and truck shows in next 30 days. I appreciate reading all your post.

The TRX isn't going to be a very good hauler and will not be able to tow much. The suspension in the rear is extremely soft for high speed bumps. Tow rating is 8100lbs.

Mine will be registered as a farm truck as well as being registered and owned by the farm. Registering as a farm truck lets me license for 16 ton (Yes, this is more and I could pull or haul.)

The TRX isn't going to be a very good hauler and will not be able to tow much. The suspension in the rear is extremely soft for high speed bumps. Tow rating is 8100lbs.
Couldn’t be much worse than what my Powerwagon was. Never squeezed my cheeks so tight as when I towed with it.

It’s an expense for the Farm. Parts getter, personal runner, and fence checker.

I live down about 10 miles of gravel road. This truck should be right at home running 50-65 MPH down gravel roads.
It won't have any trouble doing 80MPH down a dirt road. Expensive parts getter. What color did you get?

dude what you need is my powerwagon on remote reservoirs kings with the air release swaybar. and Boogie bumps
i can go to the speed limiter on any road in a 2500, and with airbags, you could tow 25k+ on the farm actually. ive seen it.

i built my truck to be a raptor killer, and with a supercharger i bet it would outsell the TRX if it also came from the factory...

the amount of shit i get just because they called the TRX a 1500...lol its a hassle. my PW is my "farm truck" but really a "swamp farm truck"
80 with air in a 2500 farm truck
party mode engaged(disco sway) and over 10 bags of corn in the rambox bed! 65 around a 25 mph turn... you can take that turn on the way to town empty and swaybared, again, at the speed limiter lol

Last edited:
ps...the trx will not be my farm truck... but it will tow a sxs!
Wish Inwould have know of a couple of those mods. Loved the truck but couldn’t hardly tow or haul with it. The sway was horrendous with a gooseneck trailer on it.

Wish Inwould have know of a couple of those mods. Loved the truck but couldn’t hardly tow or haul with it. The sway was horrendous with a gooseneck trailer on it.
if no one told you to get airbags, you have bad friends..
join PWregistry forum while your waiting for the TRX.

the PW is the ultimate farm truck. it needs airbags to tow and thats it...if you see what they rate standard 2500 6.4 hemi, it all makes sense.
the OEM springs are the ONLY problem. it has the same axles as its diesel brotheren

Truck is supposed to hit Spokane 2/12. Then the waiting game for shipping company to dealer. Have ceramic coating scheduled with local expert.

Tax loup hole?
Sorry for the delay in answering. As I understand it in Nebraska the only difference between the "Commercial" Plate and the Farm Plate is the cost of tonnage. A farm plate costs a lot less for tonnage than the Commercial plate. In fact the reason I go up to 16 ton is due to the fact there is a price difference if you go higher. On Commercial plates you start paying more quickly at a lower weight. with a 16 ton plate on the pickup you don't need tonnage on the trailer.

For those outside of Nebraska any pickup either has a commercial plate or a farm plate. A Commercial plate doesn't mean that it is owned by a business, it is just not a Farm plate.

There are two draw backs to a 16 ton plate: In Omaha there are a surprising number of streets that technically it is illegal to drive my Raptor or Duramax on since they are licensed heavy and the signs state "No trucks over 6 ton licensed weight", I have never had this issue effect me as I ignore the signs as they are meant for larger vehicles.

Issue #2: Your plate has two stickers on it a Big "3" (for March) with a small year printed on it (the year is also color coded on the sticker. The second sticker has a Big "16" with a small "tons" printed on it. I have had an officer from outside of Nebraska misread this as an expiration of March of 2016 in April of 2017. The officer used it as probable cause to pull me over and check for Bombs, in the Raptor. It took over 5 officers and 40 minutes to sort the issues at 10:30 PM, All during the traffic stop my 75 year old mother was quizzing the Secret Service officer as much as he was quizzing her. So yes, I have had my Raptor inspected for bombs at 10:30 PM at 1700 Pennsylvania Avenue. BTW: the back of my truck didn't have any bombs, just my mom's walker.

Yes sir mine will be a farm truck. It’s supposed to be at Hampton Georgia around the 24 th and then on a truck to Fitzgerald Georgia

Picked my truck up Monday morning. I have four boys at home ages 17, 14, 11, and 6. The eleven year old had named the truck Mr T prior to arrival. This morning he renamed it “Rexy”. When I dropped the 11 and 6 year old at school today they made me shut the truck off in the drive thru drop off so everyone could hear Rexy start up. Hard to tell the 6 year old no.

Picked my truck up Monday morning. I have four boys at home ages 17, 14, 11, and 6. The eleven year old had named the truck Mr T prior to arrival. This morning he renamed it “Rexy”. When I dropped the 11 and 6 year old at school today they made me shut the truck off in the drive thru drop off so everyone could hear Rexy start up. Hard to tell the 6 year old no.
Congrats. That is a great story, you all will have a lot of grest memories together. How are you liking her so far? Cheers

Just like the airlines taking their new Boeing jets to Canada in order to kick in the International tax benefits. My TRX visited the farms before even going home today. :)

Do you mind if mine is nicknamed Rexy too? My Roush Raptor is "The Little Red Truck" and I am looking for a name.

Very Very smith riding. I have about 250 miles so far. Been babying it per break in instructions. I slipped a little today. Going down Highway and a car wanted to merge in front of me. I normally would have just tapped brake and let him in as I had a truck coming up hot behind me in fast lane. I stepped on it doing about 67 and almost ended up in the median! Dam it was fast, should have had two hands on the wheel when you do that! Was doing 85 almost instantly it seemed like. Dropped right back in front of the car and the pickup pulled up next to me with 5 people in it all staring at the truck.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back