Faraday Pouch for my TRX keys ????

Sub-zero

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
I’m looking into buying a couple of faraday pouches, I’ve done some research on some but there reviews are 50/50. Can anyone please recommend me some that actually has worked for you. Thank you in advance 👍🏻

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
Here is my newly realized take on faraday pouches. I had my key in one, and it worked fantastic. If I was inside the car after it was started, and slid my key into the pouch, the car would alert me that the key had left the vehicle as soon as I moved trans out of park. Yesterday, with key in pouch, my Redeye was stolen. On Video, busted a window, pulled wiring, and was gone in 20-30 seconds from time window was broken. If they want it, they get it, and no pouch will prevent it. Decided today, to quit fu**ing around with that damn pouch with my TRX. It's actually a PITA to get key in/out everywhere I go. And now I know first hand, that they just don't solve the issue.

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Here is my newly realized take on faraday pouches. I had my key in one, and it worked fantastic. If I was inside the car after it was started, and slid my key into the pouch, the car would alert me that the key had left the vehicle as soon as I moved trans out of park. Yesterday, with key in pouch, my Redeye was stolen. On Video, busted a window, pulled wiring, and was gone in 20-30 seconds from time window was broken. If they want it, they get it, and no pouch will prevent it. Decided today, to quit fu**ing around with that damn pouch with my TRX. It's actually a PITA to get key in/out everywhere I go. And now I know first hand, that they just don't solve the issue.
Dang sorry to hear that happened to you, did u have any other theft deterrent device on ur Redeye?

RobR651

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 1500
Does it work for car keys? I’m looking for a pouch for my TRX keys
Yes they have one that I use for my TRX fob. There’s an integral key ring / latch that your fob clips to. There’s a draw string that wraps over the top of the fob and it fits easily in your pocket. Buy it on Amazon…. It’s the least bulky option

Attachments

• 66698375-A497-4D7A-A15F-BF5426BC1869.png
    66698375-A497-4D7A-A15F-BF5426BC1869.png
    734.1 KB · Views: 17
  • D6BCC175-2731-42C0-B6A2-03B9A8D136F0.png
    D6BCC175-2731-42C0-B6A2-03B9A8D136F0.png
    574.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 653C9A32-48B0-43F0-9B5D-7657D57CD085.png
    653C9A32-48B0-43F0-9B5D-7657D57CD085.png
    530.6 KB · Views: 17

NFARVW

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 Tundra TRD
Current Ride #2
2021 Volvo XC90 T8
Dang sorry to hear that happened to you, did u have any other theft deterrent device on ur Redeye?
Damn man. Did you have a GPS tracker, Apple AirTag? Anything?

I think I'm gonna go old school and get a CLUB for mine.

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Yes they have one that I use for my TRX fob. There’s an integral key ring / latch that your fob clips to. There’s a draw string that wraps over the top of the fob and it fits easily in your pocket. Buy it on Amazon…. It’s the least bulky option
Looks good, thank you for all the info

Ducc

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
Damn man. Did you have a GPS tracker, Apple AirTag? Anything?

I think I'm gonna go old school and get a CLUB for mine.
Apparently wheels are easy enough to cut through, negating the Club. I've even read how sometimes shit heads can use the club as leverage to break a steering column.

I wish the TRX had even a basic system. I bought the Ford OEM perimeter plus for my Raptor for less than $200. It's basic but will alert me through the Ford Pass app if my truck is knocked at all. A window break would clearly register but getting there in time is another story.

Can't protect property in AZ with lethal force, but I can scar the bastard for life by coming out butt naked screaming covered in talcum powder (you guys see that Bone Tomahawk movie? Wild)

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
No, and it wouldn’t have been an issue except my boss put me up in a hotel that I would never have booked myself into.

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I agree and am very sorry for what happened to your redeye.
My take on faraday's is it will stop thieves that steal hellcats with repeat boxes.
Repeat boxes can be bought on amazon for cheap. The guy that stole your ride was an experienced thief IMO. Honestly I read about lots of these thefts and have read they know where the cars and trucks are normally parked , waiting for an opportunity and even might follow you to check where the ride normally goes. My neighbor has a Hellcat challenger and told me he has also heard about lots of thefts, knows people whose rides were stolen too...sucks.
The break in/wiring in 30 sec is stuff in the level of professional thieves.
I watched some videos of repeat boxes thieves and they are far from professionals. They try opening the door and run when it doesn't work

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
I admit taking the key in and out of a faraday pouch every time you go out sucks.
I block my TRX with my wife's Jeep behind every night in my driveway, have an F250 on the other side blocking it too. Know it wont stop them if they really want it, but must give them more work to take it.
Airports parking, parking lots of stadiums during games are huge risks IMO

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
This is the pouch I bought. Got it after I watched a review from a guy whose Tundra was stolen in his ranch. I think these fucks steal many other rides, hellcats are just a hot commodity these days. I read about the 5x TRXs stolen the same day in Houston-TX and the sheriff said in the article they chose them because they can outrun police cars.
This pouch is guaranteed to block the signal and is small, fits nicely in a pocket.
Was like $10 on amazon

Attachments

• 20211124_205731.jpg
    20211124_205731.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 31
  • 20211124_205706.jpg
    20211124_205706.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 26

HeliPilot

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
USAF
This is the pouch I bought. Got it after I watched a review from a guy whose Tundra was stolen in his ranch. I think these fucks steal many other rides, hellcats are just a hot commodity these days. I read about the 5x TRXs stolen the same day in Houston-TX and the sheriff said in the article they chose them because they can outrun police cars.
This pouch is guaranteed to block the signal and is small, fits nicely in a pocket.
Was like $10 on amazon
The Sheriff would have been mistaken. The truck absolutely out accelerates them, but the 118 limiter will not allow the TRX to outrun them. But hey, it makes news. And that is the pouch I use. It does indeed work as advertised.

Last edited:

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
The Sheriff would have been mistaken. The truck absolutely out accelerate them, but the 118 limiter will not allow the TRX to outrun them. But hey, it makes news. And that is the pouch I use. It does indeed work as advertised.gree with you. I can't find the article but recall reading that statement. Maybe he meant getting away in city but yes the TRX wouldnt stand a chance against Police cars.
Agree 100% cant find the article but believe he meant to say something in the lines of hellcats are fast and difficult to pursue...
Here's a cool article...cops pursue a stolen hellcat across 3 counties!

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
Was like $10 on amazon
By any chance do you have the link of this pouch to place the order?

OP
Sub-zero

Sub-zero

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
TRX
The Sheriff would have been mistaken. The truck absolutely out accelerates them, but the 118 limiter will not allow the TRX to outrun them. But hey, it makes news. And that is the pouch I use. It does indeed work as advertised.
By any chance do you have the link of this pouch to place the order?

SexyRexy

Sexy TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'18 TACO
Current Ride #2
Ordered '22 TRX
Military
Air Force
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton