Factory Injector Limit (Duty cycle or PSI otherwise)

Westphalracing

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
22' TRX, 17' X5M Dinan S2
Current Ride #2
07' BMW 335i FBO, Meth inj.
I've searched to the end and back, nothing populates. So it's time to start a thread and consolidate information. Preferably real world experience rather than conjecture or opinion as I am all about empowering each other with knowledge.

2 questions;

1. What is the limitation of the factory injectors in our beloved TRX's. Either in Duty cycle terms or in a relative PSI and cylinder pressure request?

2. Does the Redeye/Demon/Superstock have different injectors making up the 20+% of injector pressure available above our standard hellcat motors? If there is a factory part number difference that would be massively helpful (i'll explain later)

Thanks!

12psi is the safe limit on stock injectors. This is basically an afe/s&b intake. I ran the incognito wich was 13psi for me as sea level. It was fine in the warmer summer months but when winter came around I started to hear knock at high rpm. It's possible the extra expensive ethanol free premium was low quality that I was using but I'm going with low DA and overworked injectors. The demon power train uses 700cc compared to the regular hellcat 600cc for that extra 100 hp. Tuners use much bigger for even more power.

Perfect. Thank you for the info!!

I've searched to the end and back, nothing populates. So it's time to start a thread and consolidate information. Preferably real world experience rather than conjecture or opinion as I am all about empowering each other with knowledge.

2 questions;

1. What is the limitation of the factory injectors in our beloved TRX's. Either in Duty cycle terms or in a relative PSI and cylinder pressure request?

2. Does the Redeye/Demon/Superstock have different injectors making up the 20+% of injector pressure available above our standard hellcat motors? If there is a factory part number difference that would be massively helpful (i'll explain later)

Thanks!
In case you want the part number for these (quick Google search):

In terms of tuning applications I try to keep my duty cycle under 85% but different tuners have different opinions on this ranging from 80-90%. Also, the boost level at which you will need injectors is dependent on fuel (ie e85 requires 30% for fuel volume that 91/93).

Back