Factory hid two wheel drive mode!! (Requires Tazer DT)

I tried holding the traction control button down and I have a Tazer. It works but all the dash lights are crazy and only way to get back to 4Auto is shut it off and restart. To go to 2Hi it’s way easier just use the Tazer live menu or shortcut button using one of the cruise control buttons and you can easily take it in or out of 2wd without all the flashing lights. The LED on the 4Auto button will blink when you are in 2Hi when using the Tazer live menu or a shortcut button in the cruise control set up to do it.

Just curious but doesn't putting the truck in sport or track mode do the same thing open and close the flap in the exhaust ⁉️
The modes change the shift points and engine behavior among other things so the exhaust sounds a little different cause of the engine behavior. The stock exhaust doesn't have valves or flaps so its the same set up in any of the modes. Each manifold side comes together in an X-pipe and goes through 2 cone mufflers with some sound deadening which goes out to the tips. Before the tips, there are mesh vents which are effectively resonators.

The GT Haus set-up has valves and comes with a remote kit which opens and closes valves in their muffler to change up the sound. Fun fact about the remote system they have, you can do some things to run it off the garage door opener if you don't want to use their remote. I have a friend who had a trackhawk and he had a GT haus exhaust and his valve open/close would work with the 3 buttons in the visor. It was pretty cool.

The modes change the shift points and engine behavior among other things so the exhaust sounds a little different cause of the engine behavior. The stock exhaust doesn't have valves or flaps so its the same set up in any of the modes. Each header comes together in an X-pipe and goes through 2 cone mufflers with some sound deadening which goes out to the tips. Before the tops, there are mesh vents which are effectively resonators.

The GT Haus set-up has valves and comes with a remote kit which opens and closes valves in their muffler to change up the sound. Fun fact about the remote system they have, you can do some things to run it off the garage door opener if you don't want to use their remote. I have a friend who had a trackhawk and he had a GT haus exhaust and his valve open/close would work with the 3 buttons in the visor. It was pretty cool.
I like that alot as I would love the option to turn it on and off so that's some cool shit‼️

I like that alot as I would love the option to turn it on and off so that's some cool shit‼️
It is and GT Haus has a very unique sound in all their exhausts. I just can't justify $4k for an exhaust lol There are some coupons that exist out there to save some money on their set ups but $3.4k doesn't rationalize in my head either haha

It is and GT Haus has a very unique sound in all their exhausts. I just can't justify $4k for an exhaust lol There are some coupons that exist out there to save some money on their set ups but $3.4k doesn't rationalize in my head either haha
Same here‼️

No
I learned this today from someone else. Two wheel drive mode is there and available without a Tazer and I was able to test it and confirm. If you hold down the traction control button until all the nannies shut off (hold it long enough for all the lights to come on) the truck will switch from 4 high to 2 wheel drive and off you go. I took the attached video so you can see it switch yourself on the vehicle dynamics screen of the performance pages.
t seeing a video where can I find it I want to try this I currently have to drive for for work and would love to save mpg’s

No

t seeing a video where can I find it I want to try this I currently have to drive for for work and would love to save mpg’s
Bottom line use the Tazer it doesn't work‼️9 pages of a wet dream‼️

So with Tazer you can put the TRX in 2WD? Anybody know what MPG is in 2WD?

So with Tazer you can put the TRX in 2WD? Anybody know what MPG is in 2WD?
37MPG. The downside is tread life on the rear tires drops to about 5,000 miles.

On a serious note - since the truck doesn't have a front CAD (central axle disconnect), the front driveshaft will still be driven by the wheels, and therefore the t-case internals as well. Fuel economy will remain virtually unchanged... MAYBE .5MPG or so on the highway.

Does anybody know if this hurts the truck? Or does it just let you disengage the transfer case like a normal 4wd vehicle?

Does anybody know if this hurts the truck? Or does it just let you disengage the transfer case like a normal 4wd vehicle?
No the transfer case does not fully disengage like a normal TC. Based on how these work, as long as the front wheels are spinning, no harm will be done to the TC.

No the transfer case does not fully disengage like a normal TC. Based on how these work, as long as the front wheels are spinning, no harm will be done to the TC.
Thanks for the info, might invest in one. 2wd is more fun in the dirt haha

I messed with this yesterday.... I tried it in park, auto, sports etc... Held the TC button for well over a minute each time.... Never worked. Soooooo if it works, it's not that stright forward, at least on all TRX's.

I messed with this yesterday.... I tried it in park, auto, sports etc... Held the TC button for well over a minute each time.... Never worked. Soooooo if it works, it's not that stright forward, at least on all TRX's.
Doesn’t work unless you have a Tazer

That's what I thought... So what was the point of this post? Total waste of time.
The guy that "discovered" it didn't realize it was the fact that he had a TazerDT installed which enabled the "trick". I do agree it was a total waste of a lot of people's time.... lol

Glad I skipped to the last page after reading the first 5 pages and watching the video. Although I wasted time reading and getting excited thinking this solution was built-in stock, page 9 saved me from spending 30+ minutes in my truck like a goof trying to get this 2H trick to work without a TazerDT. I've learned to be patient and read through entirely. 10 years ago I would've been out the door on page 3 already trying to get this damn thing to work lol

I even called him out on it and he still said he did not have the Tazer. That created 5 more wasted pages on this thread. How do you not know if you have a Tazer…he bought the truck new. I knew something was fishy.
Just delete this thread already and save others the time.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back