Exterior Cleaning - Pressure Washer

SpamSpamSpam

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Can someone more intelligent then me please explain the deal with pressure washers on an automobile? I’m about to purchase a 3000psi gas pressure washer for cleaning my driveway and back porch. Would also like to use it to wash my vehicles but am nervous about it being too much pressure.

In my opinion that’s too much pressure. 2000-2300 is the sweet spot for car/truck. If you can’t turn down your machine, put the widest nozzle on it to take the edge off the force.
Makes sense, good suggestion. Thanks.

I use a 40 degree nozzle on a cheap Ryobi pressure washer and it works well. I'm on the fence with the soap cannon though. I enjoy the experience but I'm not convinced the juice is worth the squeeze. 🤷‍♂️

A Kranzle is the dream if you can get over the sticker shock.

Edit: Owned again by a Lazarus thread. 😖

I use a sun joe, got it on sale during Black Friday last year. Has the foam cannon attachment and has worked very well.
As others have said 3K is a bit much depending on the nozzle’s angle.
I use a 35 or 40 degree fan on mine and it works great.

Can someone more intelligent then me please explain the deal with pressure washers on an automobile? I’m about to purchase a 3000psi gas pressure washer for cleaning my driveway and back porch. Would also like to use it to wash my vehicles but am nervous about it being too much pressure.
look at the gpm of a machine. I used to use a gas powered pressure washer rated at 3000 psi. That’s a lot of pressure and even with a 40 degree nozzle, you can damage your car if you get to close to it. Last year I picked up an AR630TSS and absolutely love it. Has auto shutoff when the trigger isn’t pulled and puts out a ton of water, 2.1 gpm if I remember correctly. I tried the kranzle first and had issues with it for some reason, but really like the AR. You can get smaller or turbo nozzles that will clean your porch and driveway just fine. Obsessed garage has really good videos on pressure washers and he goes through/offers different levels based on price, I would recommend watching them before deciding.

I use a 40 degree nozzle on a cheap Ryobi pressure washer and it works well. I'm on the fence with the soap cannon though. I enjoy the experience but I'm not convinced the juice is worth the squeeze. 🤷‍♂️

A Kranzle is the dream if you can get over the sticker shock.

Edit: Owned again by a Lazarus thread. 😖
There are a few good soaps that actually do something when they're foamed, Carpro Lyft, Ammo Foam Cleanser, to name a few. They have active ingredients that are designed to loosen containments, Carpro Lyft will actually leave your car looking pretty clean without agitation, without harming your coating of choice.

One of the things I like to use with my pressure washer is a foam cannon -- Foam Cannon

I don't understand this 'too much pressure' argument for the 3K psi pressure washers. Just don't get too close to your car and you'll be fine. I've been using 3K psi plus for decades on all my vehicles with zero issues. Obviously if you hold it 3" from a body panel, you could have a bad time.

In my opinion, I'd much rather HAVE the pressure and not use it all (pressure drops exponentially the further the distance from the nozzle) because if you don't have it and need it, then what? You'll want 3K psi if you get a stain on the driveway, the deck, etc. I also like it cleaning the undercarriage of the truck with mud chunks. Get the 3K- you'll be fine.

There are a few good soaps that actually do something when they're foamed, Carpro Lyft, Ammo Foam Cleanser, to name a few. They have active ingredients that are designed to loosen containments, Carpro Lyft will actually leave your car looking pretty clean without agitation, without harming your coating of choice.
Good to know - thanks! Hopefully it's still pH neutral for the ceramic coat. 🤞

I don't understand this 'too much pressure' argument for the 3K psi pressure washers. Just don't get too close to your car and you'll be fine. I've been using 3K psi plus for decades on all my vehicles with zero issues. Obviously if you hold it 3" from a body panel, you could have a bad time.

In my opinion, I'd much rather HAVE the pressure and not use it all (pressure drops exponentially the further the distance from the nozzle) because if you don't have it and need it, then what? You'll want 3K psi if you get a stain on the driveway, the deck, etc. I also like it cleaning the undercarriage of the truck with mud chunks. Get the 3K- you'll be fine.
Because you don’t necessarily need high pressure to wash a vehicle you need GPM. You can have a ton of PSI coming out of the nozzle but lower GPM which means it’s not as efficient. Snow foam lances work best with the correct amount of GPM. PSI is great for concentrating the flow at one specific spot…. as in cleaning a specific spot off of your driveway. It’s not necessary or efficient for cleaning a car. The better made electric pressure washers also have a TSS (Total Stop System) which shuts the motor off when you’re not pulling the trigger. It’s a nice feature when you’re washing more then one car. You don’t have to listen to a loud gas powered pressure washer running constantly. 2,000 PSI is plenty of pressure to wash mud off of an undercarriage.

Good to know - thanks! Hopefully it's still pH neutral for the ceramic coat. 🤞
Yes, both products are coating safe. Ive used them both and still do til this day. I coated all my cars with Gtechniq CSL/EXO. Works well. Lift uses a high pH but it wont hurt the coating.

Last edited:
Love my Kranzle.

HRA3XoT.jpg

I've had this setup for 4 years or so it's perfect. 1,000-1,200 psi is what you want for car washing.

Just be careful as it can strip the cars paint. Get a special attachment, like a foam cannon, that will work.

Also, when you aim and fire, make sure to triple check that the foam gun, or any attachment, is secure else it will shoot the attachment like a bullet and possibly dent the car or crack a window.

A leaf blower is a great final drying tool, after you towel the majority of water off.

you will be fine with that just make sure that you are using like a 30 degree nozzle

I've never heard of a power washer damaging a vehicle...as others have said wide nozzle and dont get too close...common sense

Love my Kranzle.

HRA3XoT.jpg

I've had this setup for 4 years or so it's perfect. 1,000-1,200 psi is what you want for car washing.
@amill94 how could you not like that setup? Very tight and efficient looking. Im in the garden hose/ mosquito bites league 😒 I do have warm water outdoors at least for half of the year!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back