M3Master

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2014 Shelby GT500
I saw a thread a while back about someone here offering Mopar extended warranties at cost + $100 bucks. I emailed the guy but he never responded so I'm not sure if that is still a thing. Who is the current goto person on that?

I saw a thread a while back about someone here offering Mopar extended warranties at cost + $100 bucks. I emailed the guy but he never responded so I'm not sure if that is still a thing. Who is the current goto person on that?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Zeigler is $100 over cost (or close to). I'm sure others will chime in with solid advice.

Since the price of factory plans went up so much in June/July, I'm wondering if there is any aftermarket company that offers a solid plan, have good customer service, and don't look for every possible avenue to exclude a repair? I've never been impressed with aftermarket warranty companies and never bought one, but the price of the Ram one skyrocketed over the summer.

I bought one online at Chryslerwarrantydirect.com. I bought the Mopar Added Care Plus 5yr/60k which basically is a wrap plan that wraps around the factory 5yr/60k power train warranty to basically provide a bumper to bumper warranty for the 5 yrs/60k miles with a $200 deductible after you are past 3yr/36k miles. $925. They had pretty good deals on longer plans and other options but I know I won’t keep this truck more than a few years and I have other vehicles to drive also so I won’t rack up a lot of miles either. It’s really just an extra toy and sometimes daily driver. This is a good deal for a little peace of mind if you are similar and wont run up lot of miles. I probably won’t put but 8 to 10k miles per year on it.

I bought one online at Chryslerwarrantydirect.com. I bought the Mopar Added Care Plus 5yr/60k which basically is a wrap plan that wraps around the factory 5yr/60k power train warranty to basically provide a bumper to bumper warranty for the 5 yrs/60k miles with a $200 deductible after you are past 3yr/36k miles. $925. They had pretty good deals on longer plans and other options but I know I won’t keep this truck more than a few years and I have other vehicles to drive also so I won’t rack up a lot of miles either. It’s really just an extra toy and sometimes daily driver. This is a good deal for a little peace of mind if you are similar and wont run up lot of miles. I probably won’t put but 8 to 10k miles per year on it.
Also, I just checked the paperwork. It looks like this online sales service I noted above for the Mopar Plans is actually a dealer CR Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram out of Adrian, MI.

I just purchased a 5 year extended warranty for 60,000 miles for my 2019 Wrangler from Chryslerwarrantydirect.com. I called over and spoke to Johnny....I paid $900 less then buying it from Mopar for the same factory backed plan...thanks for sharing folks the savings are substantial. That included an additional $350 off if you prepay in full.

I'm wondering if there is any aftermarket company that offers a solid plan, have good customer service, and don't look for every possible avenue to exclude a repair?

Warranty/insurance is a funny game when you think about it.

The entire thing is based on odds. For that to happen, some one is either going to have to put the odds in their favor (less breakdowns, or DENYING CLAIMS) or operate on a thinner margin.

You can't control breakdowns but you can control repairs - which is what they will try to do. Its the only way they make money ---- OTHER than charging more for the plan.

And for customers too -- its based on odds. Odds are that you will save money by NOT buying the warranty. It HAS to be that way as far as odds, for it to work for the place honoring the warranty. If it favored the customer, the warranty place wouldn't be in business.

Another way...is if your warranty plan is subsidized by others warranty plans.
100,000 people pay $3000 because they didn't get a deal
1,000 people who did their homework and begged and shopped paid $1700 for the same plan.

OR...

100,000 with Hondas pay $3,000
100,000 with Ram TRX pay $3,000 .

The Honda folks would be subsidizing the TRX folks.

Sort of like health insurance at some places. The smokers get the same rates as the non smokers. But if they split them, the non would get lower rates. Instead they blend them. This means the smoker is getting the better deal. He's being subsidized by the non smokers.

Question...those of you with your factory plans...can you put in your vehicle info on a site...and see the rates?

What happens if you put in a Dodge 1500 Platinum or Rebel vs TRX? Is the TRX way higher?

These can be purchased anytime right?

I bought 5/100 max care. On my 17 Raptor I was uninformed and bought aftermarket warranty from Autonation that was a horrid nightmare to deal with, although all my claims were paid it extended out repair times by at least a week because the dealer has to go through a third party to receive payment. On the Raptor I had the PCV valves blow at 37K Miles and the sunroof broke twice and had to be replaced. But it’s a gamble, my mustangs never had any major issues and I never purchased extended warranty before. But I’ve already taken the TRX I to the dealer for transmission issues so I’m feeling like it was a good decision here. If you are having to take your vehicle into dealer for servicing beyond regular oil change interval, it’s a lemon and just don’t have time to deal with it and would get rid of it.

Warranty/insurance is a funny game when you think about it.

The entire thing is based on odds. For that to happen, some one is either going to have to put the odds in their favor (less breakdowns, or DENYING CLAIMS) or operate on a thinner margin.

You can't control breakdowns but you can control repairs - which is what they will try to do. Its the only way they make money ---- OTHER than charging more for the plan.

And for customers too -- its based on odds. Odds are that you will save money by NOT buying the warranty. It HAS to be that way as far as odds, for it to work for the place honoring the warranty. If it favored the customer, the warranty place wouldn't be in business.

Another way...is if your warranty plan is subsidized by others warranty plans.
100,000 people pay $3000 because they didn't get a deal
1,000 people who did their homework and begged and shopped paid $1700 for the same plan.

OR...

100,000 with Hondas pay $3,000
100,000 with Ram TRX pay $3,000 .

The Honda folks would be subsidizing the TRX folks.

Sort of like health insurance at some places. The smokers get the same rates as the non smokers. But if they split them, the non would get lower rates. Instead they blend them. This means the smoker is getting the better deal. He's being subsidized by the non smokers.

Question...those of you with your factory plans...can you put in your vehicle info on a site...and see the rates?

What happens if you put in a Dodge 1500 Platinum or Rebel vs TRX? Is the TRX way higher?
Or they pay 3k because they need to finance the warranty. Crazy that people can buy a 90k truck and not be able to come out of pocket 2-3k in cash.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back