Expected delivery time after receiving VIN

DavidFryzel

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 Ford Raptor, 2021 TRX ordered
I ordered a Ram TRX on 8/24. Ive had a vin since 9/11. When should I expect delivery? My dealer listed me as a “build priority 1”.

All of that was delayed by at least a month, usually more.

Your salesperson should be able to look at his computer and tell you what the truck's build status is (D,D1,etc) and also what the ship date is. Just press them on it or go in there and speak to a manager to get the info and to show you on the screen.

Keep in mind that only a handful of trucks have been delivered to customers so far, I think only two on this forum, many who ordered day one (me included and my truck was built yesterday), so although it's no consolation, you're pretty much where everyone else is and she'll be there in no time. (y)

Ok, No build sheet available for your truck yet which just means it hasn't been built. Unfortunately that is all we can see from the outside. If you want a more accurate status you can contact your Dealer. If you have a VIN you should at least be in D status. If you have made it to D1 then you will have an estimated ship date which will give you a better idea of when to expect to see your build sheet show up online. I do have your VIN and username documented now though and will tag/PM you once your build sheet is online and then again when your window sticker shows up.

My Dealer just told me my status went to BG cannot schedule and Build Priority to 1. I'm looking for the thread that showed what all the codes meant but can't seem to find it? Also the FCA Contact Chat site?

Last edited:
d8477b43831bf117a0e3c975604fdb43.jpg

Gone through a few phases.... this waiting got me questioning everything....
Yeah I know the feeling.
I had a Launch edition on day one, after we filled the order, FCA threw Telematics, Rambar and Spare tire holder on it that I didn't want. My dealer tried for a few weeks to get them to remove those without any success. Finally they removed the telematics but not the rest.
Luckily they had a few allocations, so I grabbed another one that they had and custom tailored it to my liking in Billet Silver. FCA took almost a month to get that one right.
Now this seems so long ago.......

I ordered a Ram TRX on 8/24. Ive had a vin since 9/11. When should I expect delivery? My dealer listed me as a “build priority 1”.
I ordered mine September 17th, was assigned a VIN on September 26th which seem pretty close to your dates. I Moved to D1 status on December 23 and was given January 28 as approximately deliver date to dealer the last of my VIN are 901099. That said, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to how they are turning these things out.

Yeah I know the feeling.
I had a Launch edition on day one, after we filled the order, FCA threw Telematics, Rambar and Spare tire holder on it that I didn't want. My dealer tried for a few weeks to get them to remove those without any success. Finally they removed the telematics but not the rest.
Luckily they had a few allocations, so I grabbed another one that they had and custom tailored it to my liking in Billet Silver. FCA took almost a month to get that one right.
Now this seems so long ago.......
It couldn't have had a worst experience popping my vehicle ordering cherry... this forum is the only thing thats kept me from canceling my order and going absolutely f'n berserk on my dealer! My wife has had to talk me off the edge more then once!

It couldn't have had a worst experience popping my vehicle ordering cherry... this forum is the only thing thats kept me from canceling my order and going absolutely f'n berserk on my dealer! My wife has had to talk me off the edge more then once!
In all honesty this is the 6th vehicle that I ordered from the factory with FCA including a Charger Hellcat in the first month of production and it was always a lot smoother then this time. Damn COVID

My Dealer just told me my status went to BG cannot schedule and Build Priority to 1. I'm looking for the thread that showed what all the codes meant but can't seem to find it? Also the FCA Contact Chat site?
BG is exactly what your dealer said, can't get scheduled. Priority 1 just means the next allocation your dealer gets you should be first in line to receive it.

And save yourself the automated heart ache of Sarah, FCA chat just going to tell you to talk to your dealer

BG is exactly what your dealer said, can't get scheduled. Priority 1 just means the next allocation your dealer gets you should be first in line to receive it.

And save yourself the automated heart ache of Sarah, FCA chat just going to tell you to talk to your dealer

Thanks Knightmare! When I ordered it two weeks ago, this is their allocated truck because they haven't sold one yet. To my understanding, every Dealer gets one allocated and will be built first?

From what I've been told the #'s are going to spike up this month for builds. Hopefully they get into a flow of things I don't see why you wouldn't get into D status some time around the beginning of February.
It's been a trend the first couple weeks of a month Ram has been issuing VINs to a lot of people. With a sample size of 22 trucks in the tracker, so far they are only building Aug, Sept, and 1 Oct orders

Back