Excessive g force?

Ztrxc

TRX Noob
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram trx
I recently just purchased a new 2023 ram trx. Saw something a little concerning not sure if I should be worried about it or not looking for input. I flipped through the g force meter in the performance page and the truck has a max braking and lateral g force of 4.08gs. Is it common for these systems to glitch or should I be somewhat concerned? Truck had 41 miles on it when I test drove.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 274
Damn a t-bone accident and hard on the brakes with a brake upgrade! 😂

What is the max speed recorded?

The max speed wouldn’t effect the g meter, the initial 0-20 jump would create the most force. My guess is glitch since pulling 4 g while turning is pretty impossible in these. Formula 1 cars produces 6 g while turning and 2 g while accelerating.

Edit: noticed it’s front G’s so that would be braking, no way in heck these brakes are pulling 4Gs unless you run it into a wall 😂🤣

Last edited:
I didn’t get to see the max speed recorded before I set it myself at 101mph 😅
The max speed wouldn’t effect the g meter, the initial 0-20 jump would create the most force. My guess is glitch since pulling 4 g while turning is pretty impossible in these. Formula 1 cars produces 6 g while turning and 2 g while accelerating.

Edit: noticed it’s front G’s so that would be braking, no way in heck these brakes are pulling 4Gs unless you run it into a wall 😂🤣
I’m aware the truck isn’t capable of those numbers and that those are f1 car numbers. why I’m concerned if it was wrecked and repaired before selling to me. Wondering if anyone’s had any of the same experience if it could be a “glitch” in the software.

I didn’t get to see the max speed recorded before I set it myself at 101mph 😅

I’m aware the truck isn’t capable of those numbers and that those are f1 car numbers. why I’m concerned if it was wrecked and repaired before selling to me. Wondering if anyone’s had any of the same experience if it could be a “glitch” in the software.
If it was repaired at the dealer it “should” have some paperwork following it.
If it was repaired at the factory I’m not sure other than insider knowledge that you can find out.

If it was repaired at the dealer it “should” have some paperwork following it.
If it was repaired at the factory I’m not sure other than insider knowledge that you can find out.
Think it would be safe to assume it’s not a glitch common to the platform but something deeper and more concerning?

Mine does the same thing, (2022) I have been unable to reset it. Never really use it so have never followed up with the dealer to repair it. It is most likely a Uconnect 5 glitch that may or may not be fixed in next software update.

If the numbers were different from each other, I'd say it is possible there was an accident. It would be highly improbable that the truck had exactly the same g forces from two directions.

This is the same program that tells people their stock truck does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, so you have to consider the source.

I had something similar on mine when I first got it, it was like 5.3G's or something like that. I don't remember if I reset it manually or if it just cleared on it's own, but it's gone now.

I wouldn’t worry too much. I just checked mine and it’s showing nearly 4Gs too. I’ve never crashed.
6DEE0E58-5E0C-44BB-B669-73EB66D97EC1.jpeg

Think it would be safe to assume it’s not a glitch common to the platform but something deeper and more concerning?
Mine said the same so safe to assume it’s not more concerning lol

I wouldn’t worry too much. I just checked mine and it’s showing nearly 4Gs too. I’ve never crashed.
View attachment 101580
How many miles were on the odometer when you purchased? You may not have crashed but someone else might have prior to your ownership?

Appreciate everyone’s input and replies.

It had 14 miles when I picked up. I’ve never even looked at that page before but I have disconnected the battery.

I recently just purchased a new 2023 ram trx. Saw something a little concerning not sure if I should be worried about it or not looking for input. I flipped through the g force meter in the performance page and the truck has a max braking and lateral g force of 4.08gs. Is it common for these systems to glitch or should I be somewhat concerned? Truck had 41 miles on it when I test drove.
Mine has it too. won't reset so not sure how to resolve that.

Probably values from initial testing after assembly or transport moves during transit.

Mine also had / has high values there on my 23

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back