Error Code P0013

arcticmn

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Has anyone else got an error code P0013, Bank 1 Camshaft 2 Position Actuator Circuit Open. I got this error at 95 miles, couldn't get it into the dealer until 5000 miles. Dealer has had it for the last two weeks and they are clueless to figure it out. They clear the code and the error comes back after a few miles. The dealer latest attempt to fix it, is to reflash the entire cpu back to original?? Sounds like they are lost...they say they are working with the factory to solve but I don't have much confidence.

Boosted

TRX Addict
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX

Faulty Variable Cam Timing solenoid mostly likely, or could just be loose wiring.
If you have alternatives you may want to try a different dealer. They do not seem to be trying hard enough.
Took him 4905 miles to get it to this dealer. Taking it to another dealer might not be an option…. lol

I do agree with you though, a different dealer sounds like a smart move.

OP
OP
A

arcticmn

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX

Faulty Variable Cam Timing solenoid mostly likely.
If you have alternatives you may want to try a different dealer. They do not seem to be trying hard enough.

EDIT: Dang. Saw you are in Alaska. Different dealership might not be an option. I would just tell them get a new VTC and PCM - to save the Hassel of piecemeal diagnosis/repair. A
GBF - you called it new pcm order. Its currently on national backorder, might see one after thanksgiving, but my guess is next year. With the chip shortages. At least the dealer is giving me another truck to use. Maybe I could trade into a '22 trx, hmm, Ill have to think about that.

JumpSquadAuto

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 C8.R Corvette
GBF - you called it new pcm order. Its currently on national backorder, might see one after thanksgiving, but my guess is next year. With the chip shortages. At least the dealer is giving me another truck to use. Maybe I could trade into a '22 trx, hmm, Ill have to think about that.
If you haven't already. Open a case with @RamCares to see if they can find and expedite the part sooner. It is a hit or miss....they have been able to get some parts out to the dealers quicker, but even they can't get some parts any faster. Worth a try tho. Having spent the money the TRX is, hopefully you don't have to go months without it.

OP
OP
A

arcticmn

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
If you haven't already. Open a case with @RamCares to see if they can find and expedite the part sooner. It is a hit or miss....they have been able to get some parts out to the dealers quicker, but even they can't get some parts any faster. Worth a try tho. Having spent the money the TRX is, hopefully you don't have to go months without it.
Thanks Jumpsqadauto, I sent a email to ram cares, this weekend, no response yet. I will keep you updated.

OP
OP
A

arcticmn

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
Ram Cares did an excellent job of expediting the parts to my dealer (who by the way is still incompetent). Ram also took care of a replacement truck. Kudos to them, when I get my truck back, I'll change dealers.

Thanks All for assistance.

OP
OP
A

arcticmn

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Black TRX
I got my truck back after two months. Two days so far without issues.

BTW sensor wire was the culprit.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com