Engine block heater and cord

TRX1

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Suzuki
Hi there.

So I am in the process of purchasing an Engine Block Heater but I found 2 kinds of cords and they both fit the TRX. I was wondering if one of us here can give me some clarification. Attached are the screen shots of the block heater and the 2 cords.
Thank you kindly.

Attachments

• IMG_3846.jpeg
    IMG_3846.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3844.jpeg
    IMG_3844.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 76
Based on the three pictures you sent, one is the actual heater unit and the other two are parts 2 and 3 in the illustrations which are cords.

Based on the three pictures you sent, one is the actual heater unit and the other two are parts 2 and 3 in the illustrations which are cords.
I’m trying to figure out if either cord will work or one is better than the other. I watched a video on YouTube that the guy used the $61 cord. 🤷

I’m trying to figure out if either cord will work or one is better than the other. I watched a video on YouTube that the guy used the $61 cord. 🤷
I’m sorry. I read your first post too quickly. My bad.

So I came to dealership and they give me higher prices than the website you posted and I wanted to check with you if the pricing has anything to do with the quality? Or is it the same exact parts just everyone charges different prices? Please share if you have any ideas. Thank you kindly

I don't have the heater, I was just helping out in the thread I posted on as well. Usually dealer prices are higher than online

Here are the original part numbers from the assembly process

Attachments

• IMG_6189.jpeg
    IMG_6189.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6190.jpeg
    IMG_6190.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 37
I bought and installed this kit. Works well.

Thank you
Here are the original part numbers from the assembly process
Thanks a million. Just ordered them.
today I went under the truck and I noticed the engine block heater will be installed in the block under the DRIVER side. However, I heard some YouTubers claiming it should be installed under the PASSENGER side. What say you?

I’m 99% sure it drivers side and you will see a recessed area that it will slide up into and will be bolted in with a torx bolt , I believe a t30 you will see it is a deep area that will house the heater. Here is a better picture of the block heater

Attachments

• IMG_6192.jpeg
    IMG_6192.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6191.jpeg
    IMG_6191.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 36
I’m 99% sure it drivers side and you will see a recessed area that it will slide up into and will be bolted in with a torx bolt , I believe a t30 you will see it is a deep area that will house the heater. Here is a better picture of the block heater
Thank you so much brother. That’s a big help indeed

It is indeed on the drivers side. I had my trucks mixed up in the older thread saying it’s above the starter. It is on my 5.7, but the Hellcat has the starter on the opposite (passenger) side. Which is actually good because it’s a pretty clear shot up to the mounting location on the TRX.
IMG_9617.jpeg
IMG_9619.jpeg

It is indeed on the drivers side. I had my trucks mixed up in the older thread saying it’s above the starter. It is on my 5.7, but the Hellcat has the starter on the opposite (passenger) side. Which is actually good because it’s a pretty clear shot up to the mounting location on the TRX. View attachment 115807View attachment 115803
I read your posts and You were very meticulous in you explanation.
Someone on YouTube says” the engine block heater will be installed under the passenger side on a TRX” I was like wait what? 😂. But with those pics now I can’t do no wrong.

You can make it even better and more comfortable to use, if you'll make a port plug. I made it in the rear bumper, I believe this is the best location :)

View attachment 116152
haha. Actually that is a great idea. do you think I will need an extension cord since the cord that is coming with the block heater won't reach all the way back I think. If so please what did you use or part number, also the part number for the port plug.
I know I know I ask too much 🤦‍♂️ but I learnt if I don't ask I will never learn, do these block heaters only kick in at certain temperature or do they start heating whenever you plug them in? thank you kindly.

haha. Actually that is a great idea. do you think I will need an extension cord since the cord that is coming with the block heater won't reach all the way back I think. If so please what did you use or part number, also the part number for the port plug.
I know I know I ask too much 🤦‍♂️ but I learnt if I don't ask I will never learn, do these block heaters only kick in at certain temperature or do they start heating whenever you plug them in? thank you kindly.
It is easy, bro! I've bought a NOCO plug port on Amazon
NOCO GCP1 15A AC Port Plug, 125V... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ANV81S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
So I cut off the plug from the port, and made a connector(rated as IP 69) under the hood(as you can see you may still use the original cord in this case). And you need a heavy duty cord that comes from the front end to the back to be connected to the NOCO plug port(you'll need a second connector here).

Attachments

• IMG_6413.jpeg
    IMG_6413.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 55
It is easy, bro! I've bought a NOCO plug port on Amazon
NOCO GCP1 15A AC Port Plug, 125V... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ANV81S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
So I cut off the plug from the port, and made a connector(rated as IP 69) under the hood(as you can see you may still use the original cord in this case). And you need a heavy duty cord that comes from the front end to the back to be connected to the NOCO plug port(you'll need a second connector here).
Nice. Have a parts list for the connector you made?

Back