Eibach Springs! (Finally)

ApexTRX

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Long time member, short time poster here. I had the opportunity to have my Red '21 over at Eibach back in July of last year. They measured for R&D, but unfortunately had a fire at their facility shortly after which set them behind on current product orders. They had some rear springs early on for testing, but were never able make the fronts ...until now.

Fast forward... I now have a '22 and checked in with Eibach a couple weeks ago to see how things were going. Turns out they were just finalizing their prototype springs and I was able to drop off my truck last week for testing. I picked up the truck today. It looks and rides awesome!

Eibach will be releasing details shortly, but they are NOW actively producing springs for the TRX. I'm told that they will have a few options:
- Front Level Springs (These will bring up the front ride height to match the rear for a leveled look. These can be used with stock rear springs OR the Eibach rear lift springs if the customer wants factory rake look)
- Front Lift Springs (These will raise the front 2.5-2.9 inches and are designed to pair with the Eibach rear springs ...unless the Carolina squat is your thing)
- Rear Lift Springs (These will raise the back of the truck approximately 1.4 inches and are designed to pair with either of the Eibach front springs. I believe there are a few of these rear prototype sets in the wild already for some of the overlanding guys who have RTT's and other heavy bead mounted carriers)

(Of note: 1. The front prototype springs on my truck are red, but all retail springs will be silver. 2. They will not be offering installation at their facility for the time being. 3. They do not need any other testers. I asked)

I'm sure we will all see some release info shortly, but I wanted to share some pics from this morning. So far the ride has been great!
01 IMG_8444.jpeg
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1012.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG

I spoke to the Eibach folks at Overland Expo PNW and they mentioned that stuff was in the works. Great to hear!

Damn you and your red springs!!! Those look wicked good. I’ll have to get mine powder coated. This is definitely the route I want to go. I’ve was going to install a perch kit but Geiser was producing springs so I was waiting for feedback and now Eibach is in the game! Excited.

I’m very curious to hear how these ride compared to the geiser springs.

The red springs look tough! They may want to consider offering silver and red.

Wondering if they kept with their linear rate. If I recall correctly from the raptor world. Geisers are progressive and eibach are linear.

Wondering if they kept with their linear rate. If I recall correctly from the raptor world. Geisers are progressive and eibach are linear.
Its seems the Geisers are stiffer than stock. I hope the Eibach's aren't stiffer than the stock springs.

Its seems the Geisers are stiffer than stock. I hope the Eibach's aren't stiffer than the stock springs.
That in the past was their sweet spot. I ran geisers and they really shine when boogying. I always felt the eibach's had a stronger bias towards daily driving.

What are the advantages & disadvantages to aftermarket springs?
Thats a pretty subjective question. The advantages for ME are ride height and on/off road performance. Time will tel if/what disadvantages there may be.
I asked Eibach and if I understood correctly, the fronts are linear and the rears are progressive.
Did they say how much they will be?
They didn't confirm pricing yet, but from what I understand they will be somewhere between 700-1000.
Both Eibach and Geiser have a higher spring rate than stock. They have to. There's more to it than that, but I can't claim to understand how that all correlates to feel, performance, or handling.
That in the past was their sweet spot. I ran geisers and they really shine when boogying. I always felt the eibach's had a stronger bias towards daily driving.
I've heard that from several people. Eibach did confirm that their spring rates are less than Geiser which would in theory make them more comfortable for daily driving. So far the ride is great. A little more planted feeling and less floaty, but still very comfortable. I'll report back after I go hit some trails for research purposes.

Thats a pretty subjective question. The advantages for ME are ride height and on/off road performance. Time will tel if/what disadvantages there may be.

I asked Eibach and if I understood correctly, the fronts are linear and the rears are progressive.

They didn't confirm pricing yet, but from what I understand they will be somewhere between 700-1000.

Both Eibach and Geiser have a higher spring rate than stock. They have to. There's more to it than that, but I can't claim to understand how that all correlates to feel, performance, or handling.

I've heard that from several people. Eibach did confirm that their spring rates are less than Geiser which would in theory make them more comfortable for daily driving. So far the ride is great. A little more planted feeling and less floaty, but still very comfortable. I'll report back after I go hit some trails for research purposes.
I really think geiser went wrong with how much lift they put on their coils. Feeling optimistic and happy eibach will give a less lift option for those not wanting 37’s.

Hey, from your initial post- i am assuming the prototype springs you are running are just the front leveling set right? Did you need to do any sort of recalibration for ride height sensors? Lastly, for daily driving does it seem like it helps with the “jiggly” feeling (I love that description- someone used it and I started thinking…yeah…that’s spot on)?

Love that you got to be the tester here. I’m assuming if the front isn’t progressive there also isn’t the typical sound of the coils compressing (I think the factory springs have plastic shrouds to help quiet the noise).

Hey, from your initial post- i am assuming the prototype springs you are running are just the front leveling set right? Did you need to do any sort of recalibration for ride height sensors? Lastly, for daily driving does it seem like it helps with the “jiggly” feeling (I love that description- someone used it and I started thinking…yeah…that’s spot on)?

Love that you got to be the tester here. I’m assuming if the front isn’t progressive there also isn’t the typical sound of the coils compressing (I think the factory springs have plastic shrouds to help quiet the noise).
Actually no. They installed the front and rear 'lift' springs on my truck. It feels like a monster. I know some with Geiser springs have had their ride height calibrated at the dealer. I may get arround to that eventually, but so far it's riding great. It's hard to put suspension feel in writing, but it is definitely an improvement over stock in daily driving so far. The bounce is subjective. It's big truck with what 13-14 inches of wheel travel capabilities. I felt the same bounce over small bumps with the raptor I had previously, but that was worse. The TRX is a much better ride overall.

Everything is quiet. Same a stock. You can see in the pics the Eibach has included rubber shrouding on some of the coils. Looks OEM honestly.

Actually no. They installed the front and rear 'lift' springs on my truck. It feels like a monster. I know some with Geiser springs have had their ride height calibrated at the dealer. I may get arround to that eventually, but so far it's riding great. It's hard to put suspension feel in writing, but it is definitely an improvement over stock in daily driving so far. The bounce is subjective. It's big truck with what 13-14 inches of wheel travel capabilities. I felt the same bounce over small bumps with the raptor I had previously, but that was worse. The TRX is a much better ride overall.

Everything is quiet. Same a stock. You can see in the pics the Eibach has included rubber shrouding on some of the coils. Looks OEM honestly.
Did you have to install a new track bar in the rear to center the axle too?

I'm assuming the tires are stock 35's. it looks great but id be interested to see how well 37s on a 18x9 with a -12 offset would look and fit. (Hopefully no rubbing). I've been waiting for the Eibachs in particular.

I'm assuming the tires are stock 35's. it looks great but id be interested to see how well 37s on a 18x9 with a -12 offset would look and fit. (Hopefully no rubbing). I've been waiting for the Eibachs in particular.
Curious to understand what has you waiting for the eibach over geiser.

Man, I definitely overlooked the ride height in your photos - now that you say it - yeah, I definitely can see the lift. I was originally thinking the red up front was Eibach and the second set of springs was the stock rear (shrouds) - so I am VERY glad that Eibach took care of piece - good attention to detail. The bounce is okay - but I am am talking about the side to side sway when turning (like on/off ramps). I run it in sport mode and that helps - but on the highway, I typically just put it in auto.

After reading another member's payload thread, I started thinking I should keep track of the weight I am carrying on the daily. With the bed cover, molle panels and tools/light recovery gear - I am running just under 350lbs in the bed. I am thinking maybe I will look into the lifted set up - initially I just wanted to level the truck out, but I think if I want to actually use my bed I should probably put some stiffer springs on. Can you post some side profile photos (also, do you have anything in your bed)? That way I can get a feel for the look/stance as I also plan on keeping my 35's.

Curious to understand what has you waiting for the eibach over geiser.
Just my opinion, but I think I will prefer the Eibach vs Geiser because of the ride height difference as well as my intended vehicle use. I don't plan on off-roading my truck, so Eibach springs will provide the better daily driving experience for me while still achieving a quality lift. If I needed a super stiff spring for off-roading - Geiser would probably be the better choice. But honestly - it's just so nice to have options now!

Just my opinion, but I think I will prefer the Eibach vs Geiser because of the ride height difference as well as my intended vehicle use. I don't plan on off-roading my truck, so Eibach springs will provide the better daily driving experience for me while still achieving a quality lift. If I needed a super stiff spring for off-roading - Geiser would probably be the better choice. But honestly - it's just so nice to have options now!
Options are nice! Really feel like it’s going to come down to ride height for most.

Back