Dram of the Day

20230321_223433.jpg
Sampling a 4 bottle tasting set a good buddy gifted me for some welding I did. Johnny Walker Black, Gold Label, 18 Year and the Holy Blue! They are all just 80 proof, but are all delicious. Surprised at how smooth the 18 and Blue are. Cheers all!

Went to a wedding in New Hampshire thos weekend. On the way home, we stopped at a Vermont distillery for a tasting. Picked up this bottle. Very nice bourbon. Just a hint of maple syrup. Cheers!
20230326_202451.jpg

Went to a wedding in New Hampshire thos weekend. On the way home, we stopped at a Vermont distillery for a tasting. Picked up this bottle. Very nice bourbon. Just a hint of maple syrup. Cheers!View attachment 93152
I like that last part on the label “finished with pure Vermont maple syrup”. 🤤

Never had Penelope, but people seem to rave about it
I really enjoyed the Architect. The Toasted definitely steps it up, in my opinion. It's got a nice sweetness to it, along with that char/toasted flavor. I'd definitely recommend!

I found a local little hole in the wall yesterday, based on a tip from a detective friend that went by to look at the video footage on a case. He called and said "you better haul ass after work because I already called a few other people".

Well sure enough, I got there and it's a tiny place. Two walls, but stocked full of what they could fit. He had Weller, and it's the first time I've seen it anywhere in town in a couple of years so I grabbed a bottle. Said he had several Blantons that just sold out (and the price beat any place I've seen yet).

Then he said he would order anything his vendors had available, and looked up Kentucky Owl for me. He even showed me the vendor screen with vendor pricing. Ordered two different bottles for me.

He was a really nice guy, and said he and his wife moved from Virginia Beach to take over the store from family. I think I found a new honey hole, and if he can get my special orders, I'll be a repeat visitor for sure!

I know this is the dram thread, but anyone make their own home brews? I’ve taken a few years off, but am going to brew up some Cider and Mead (and may try a cider/mead blend). May pick up a small kitchen still, and try my hand at some apple Jack/shine.

Anyone else?

I know this is the dram thread, but anyone make their own home brews? I’ve taken a few years off, but am going to brew up some Cider and Mead (and may try a cider/mead blend). May pick up a small kitchen still, and try my hand at some apple Jack/shine.

Anyone else?
Hi JB, I home brewed beer quite a bit. Always used to use the mash kits at a local homebrew shop would have then add a little more hops n some grapes from my buddies vineyard for some extra flavor during the initial boil. I would transfer to a 5 gallon glass carboy with a sterilized bubbler. After the recommended fermentation and the bubbling stopped....would transfer to a bottling bucket and fill sterilized Grolsch type bottles with the flip top. Everyone including myself would love them. A little labor intensive with the cleaning and sterilization but was a lot of fun to experiment. The beer was always so good and I never had a bad batch. Haven't brewed a batch in a couple years.......now you have me thinking!!!! I'm sure whatever you brew up will be delicious! Cheers!

Hi JB, I home brewed beer quite a bit. Always used to use the mash kits at a local homebrew shop would have then add a little more hops n some grapes from my buddies vineyard for some extra flavor during the initial boil. I would transfer to a 5 gallon glass carboy with a sterilized bubbler. After the recommended fermentation and the bubbling stopped....would transfer to a bottling bucket and fill sterilized Grolsch type bottles with the flip top. Everyone including myself would love them. A little labor intensive with the cleaning and sterilization but was a lot of fun to experiment. The beer was always so good and I never had a bad batch. Haven't brewed a batch in a couple years.......now you have me thinking!!!! I'm sure whatever you brew up will be delicious! Cheers!
I came close to starting a Craft Hard Cider company with some buddies from Business School… none of us went all in, quitting our day jobs to make it happen, so it fizzled out, but made some tasty libations!

Colonel Tayloy small batch is one of my top 5 bourbons. I have never been lucky enough to have Stagg Jr. if you have any tasting notes, please let me know.

On the off chance your shooting involves IDPA, I run the MD state championship every year.

Colonel Tayloy small batch is one of my top 5 bourbons. I have never been lucky enough to have Stagg Jr. if you have any tasting notes, please let me know.

On the off chance your shooting involves IDPA, I run the MD state championship every year.
I 100% agree. I had Col Taylor for the first time a couple years back on New Year's Eve and it was one of my favorites of all time.

I love both EHT and SJr. To this day, Stagg Jr. Batch 12 stands as one of, if not the, best pours I've ever had. For me, it was a blast of cherry that was easier to drink than it's proof would suggest. I'd love to find a bottle of B12, but I'm not willing to take out a second mortgage to buy it. lol

Back