Dram of the Day

A little Mezcal por favor....

1613694712237.jpeg

Are you a peat guy? I’ve yet to acquire a taste for it.

So far, so good. We had to cancel our rendezvous to the JL Bar Ranch for this weekend because my plane is allergic to ice. ;) Sooooo.... all kinds of time, no truck and can’t fly anywhere. :( Luckily I’m stocked on wine and whiskey. Sunday night is when we get dumped on. Are y’all getting anything that far south?
Once I developed a taste for the peaty scotches I can’t go back. Everything else tastes too sweet for me. Laphroig is my go to scotch

Anyone have recommendations for high end port barrel finished rye?

Anyone have recommendations for high end port barrel finished rye?

I don't know of many that I've enjoyed. Rye is tricky enough to get right.

WhistlePig Old World Series Madeira Finish 12 Year is the best I've had in that category, but not one I would buy for myself. I'm probably the wrong person to ask on this one.

If you want to try something interesting pick up a bottle of Old Potrero Staight Malt Whiskey that's port barreled. It's a very unique blend of American and Scotch taste palettes resulting in a different and wonderful taste that's great as a change of pace, and it is reasonably priced and not too hard to find. People either love it or hate it.

Well another day another dollar.... our winter wonderland is starting to be a bit annoying..... but still very Beautiful.....

View attachment 4922

and no water for the 2nd day...
View attachment 4919
but I have my Scotch Whiskey, that has water in it..... it’s time. Cheers

View attachment 4920
Amen... had a pipe on our outdoor kitchen burst. The builder insulated what I could see but not the pipes behind 2x4s that are still outside...

Spent 4 hours in 30 degree weather chasing 3 foot of cracked pipe.. it is fixed for now.

Attachments

• 20210218_104255.jpg
    20210218_104255.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 14
Amen... had a pipe on our outdoor kitchen burst. The builder insulated what I could see but not the pipes behind 2x4s that are still outside...

Spent 4 hours in 30 degree weather chasing 3 foot of cracked pipe.. it is fixed for now.
So sorry to hear this. :(

I had to replace 20+ feet of frozen solid and cracker pipe yesterday and after 2+ days without agua. If ain’t something it’s something... glad you got it taken care of for now. Cheers

I had to replace 20+ feet of frozen solid and cracker pipe yesterday and after 2+ days without agua. If ain’t something it’s something... glad you got it taken care of for now. Cheers
That sucks, glad you have water back. Plenty of my guys in DFW area going thru same thing, if it wasnt the pipes in the house, their pool pipes are all gone...

It has been crazy. Sorry to hear that. Glad you got it headed in the right direction. Cheers!

It has been crazy. Sorry to hear that. Glad you got it headed in the right direction. Cheers!
No worries am used to it. When one decides to live in the woods... you have to learn how to adapt quickly. But I sure feel for all of these people in the cities that have no power and now frozen water pipes and no water for days. It is terrible. Stay safe.

Plumbing😡 Cut all your parts clean all your parts glue correctly Let cure. Apply water pressure, Looks good, Looks good! Then one drip!
Done and Done

Back