Does your spouse approve of the TRX

Shake&Bake

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2014 M5 Competition
I didn't see a thread about this, so I wanted to hear from you guys and whether or not your spouse was cool with you buying the TRX, thought you were crazy or could really care less.

Little background on my situation. My wife is not a car enthusiast at all and hates the fact I like expensive vehicles. I have showed her the TRX and thinks it looks nice, but I have left out one tiny detail and that is what these trucks can cost😆 Tough conversation ahead.
when-uncertain-its-often-better-to-ask-for-forgiveness-rather-than-asking-for-permission.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't see a thread about this, so I wanted to hear from you guys and whether or not your spouse was cool with you buying the TRX, thought you were crazy or could really care less.

Little background on my situation. My wife is not a car enthusiast at all and hates the fact I like expensive vehicles. I have showed her the TRX and thinks it looks nice, but I have left out one tiny detail and that is what these trucks can cost😆 Not sure how I am going to approach that conversation, but a wise man once said
Haha mine still doesn’t know yet... I’m going to cross that bridge when it’s in my driveway ;)

Little background on my situation. My wife is not a car enthusiast at all and hates the fact I like expensive vehicles. I have showed her the TRX and thinks it looks nice, but I have left out one tiny detail and that is what these trucks can cost😆 Not sure how I am going to approach that conversation.
Well, THIS wife made this purchase decision for myself, and my husband is totally supportive and even encouraged it! :love:

My wife isn't well versed in vehicles, but she has been very supportive of my habits. She came with me to order my TRX and my ZO6, and says nothing when random dirt bikes, snowmobiles, ATVs, etc show up. Same with guns and such.

I'm a slow learner, but finally figured out if I go to some of her friends house parties or do a couples dinner every now and then, she let's me do what I want.

$300 dinner at Shanahan's and I get a TRX. Fair trade in my book.

@Jester Thanks for the tip! I've got a few months to butter her up......although she will probably catch on quick and ask why I'm being extra nice lol.
Just ask her if it really matters why, as long as it continues. I mean you need this to be happy right? Lol. If that doesn't work, COVID made you realize life is too short. Diamond earrings also work as a last resort.

The beauty of having two EX-wives is I don't have to ask for permission anymore lol....

Though my current GF does give me grief when she suggests I should buy something and I'm like, "nahh...too expensive don't need" and she retorts, "Wut? You just bought a $100K truck in cash and you complaining about a new pots/pans set!!? WTF?!"

She's been raving about the Jeep Wrangler of late and I'm like, "I like it. YOU should buy it...." :p

It was easy. Honey, it’s a write off....and it is. So I’m all good!!
BTW - she’s awesome and would have told me to just go get it and shut up already.
The write off directions was just much easier!

My wife isn't well versed in vehicles, but she has been very supportive of my habits. She came with me to order my TRX and my ZO6, and says nothing when random dirt bikes, snowmobiles, ATVs, etc show up. Same with guns and such.

I'm a slow learner, but finally figured out if I go to some of her friends house parties or do a couples dinner every now and then, she let's me do what I want.

$300 dinner at Shanahan's and I get a TRX. Fair trade in my book.
YOU are a smart man! And your wife sounds like a very lovely lady! :)

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back