Does Any Security System Prevent The Need For A Faraday Pouch/Bag/Box?

stubs_78

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Ram 1500 TRX
Current Ride #2
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
If you are running IGLA and Compustar T13 with Drone and Keylocker, do you really need to mess around with a Faraday pouch/bag/box?

No. Some will tell you want them to grab your factory key fob signal to unlock the door instead of breaking your window which will trigger the Compustar alarm.
That is what I was thinking. Allowing them to clone the key fob may prevent a broken window.

If you are running IGLA and Compustar T13 with Drone and Keylocker, do you really need to mess around with a Faraday pouch/bag/box?
Keylocker has 2 options, place key fob in and leave, if the battery gets low then you replace it or a battery emulator, a fake battery with positive and negative wires that gets energized with the disarm command. The box itself is supposed to be a faraday but haven’t fully tested it, I use the emulator. If you are running everything you mentioned then you can’t use a pouch because your key fob is inside the keylocker.

Keylocker has 2 options, place key fob in and leave, if the battery gets low then you replace it or a battery emulator, a fake battery with positive and negative wires that gets energized with the disarm command. The box itself is supposed to be a faraday but haven’t fully tested it, I use the emulator. If you are running everything you mentioned then you can’t use a pouch because your key fob is inside the keylocker.
Yeah, I have never used or considered a pouch since I have the Keylocker using the battery emulator. I was under the impression the Keylocker was a faraday cage as well. If that is the case, then only the fobs not in the truck would need to be in a pouch if one was so inclined.

I can say that it is a beast tbh. Super heavy and strong.

I was going to order last night because they have a $50 off + gun magnet promo code, but for whatever reason it isn’t working. Their website is kinda bootleg looking and couldn’t get ahold of anyone so it made me hesitant. But thanks for your thoughts on it.

So if you use the keylocker they cant clone the signal and will bust your window?
That is what I was thinking. Allowing them to clone the key fob may prevent a broken window.
probably break you window anyhow just to piss you off.

Would I be able to install this myself or would I need a dealer to do this? I wish this was an option when I installed my system. Thanks!!!

Would I be able to install this myself or would I need a dealer to do this? I wish this was an option when I installed my system. Thanks!!!
Dealer unless you know how to do this sort of thing and have an OP500. Not every compustar installer installs them

By the way everyone, my compustar alarm just went off spontaneously for the second time in a couple months. Said the hood was opened, check vehicle, etc. I was 30 ft away and no way had anything happened. I had another false one happen last year saying stage 2 impact.

By the way everyone, my compustar alarm just went off spontaneously for the second time in a couple months. Said the hood was opened, check vehicle, etc. I was 30 ft away and no way had anything happened. I had another false one happen last year saying stage 2 impact.
Hood switch is known to have corrosion. There are a few post on here about it.
The stage 2 impact last year was probably the cousin of the acorn that hit the cop car not long ago 🫣

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back