Discontinuing Granite Crystal Metallic?

Mason.Monheim

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
I inquired about TRX colors and someone at Granger told me the Granite crystal metallic color is no longer an option. I was surprise because it’s such a popular color. Can anyone else confirm this or what might replace it?

It was available to order on 23 models. I'd be suprised if that was actually true with 23 orders already placed in that color.

Over on the JL Wrangler forum someone posted that Granite crystal and HydroBlue are gone...

I ordered a '23 TRX in GCM a couple of weeks ago. The order was accepted and I have a VIN so pretty sure it's still available unless something changed in the last week or two.

Sooo... I had a Hydro Blue quoted from Granger on 10/24. On 10/31 I tried to submit my order, but was told Diamond Black, Flame Red, and Bright White are the only available colors now. White was my second choice, so not as bad as it could be, but now I'm wondering about additional colors being available to order in the future. I would jump at a green or gray.

I'm sure they're not discontinued, but on temp. restriction. It happens from time to time. That's how I wound up with Maximum Steel on my 2019 - because Patriot Blue was restricted from ordering the week I put my order in.

Just got off the phone with Mark Dodge and was told the only colors available for the TRX are solid black. And two tone white. And two tone red.

I was willing to wait and see if the blue opened up again in the near-ish future, but I got a message from Miles at Cummins about an impending $3300 base price increase which forced my hand. I haven't seen anything else about this potential increase, but Miles has a pretty good reputation around here, so it was enough for me pull the trigger on the white. I spent a week trying to decide between the blue and white, so the white was a VERY close second choice for me. Well, until they told me I couldn't have the blue :)

Probably on constraint and until supply is figured out the dealer won’t be able to tick the box.

If it’s truly discontinued I have a ‘22 GCM for sale. $250k!!!!

Sooo... I had a Hydro Blue quoted from Granger on 10/24. On 10/31 I tried to submit my order, but was told Diamond Black, Flame Red, and Bright White are the only available colors now. White was my second choice, so not as bad as it could be, but now I'm wondering about additional colors being available to order in the future. I would jump at a green or gray.
If they had offered a purple TRX in that same purple as the other hellcat cars, I would have absolutely ordered it. Some people want their trucks to look mean. I want my truck to look fun.

The biggest problem is the time it takes for speed binning all the parts to ensure that the Granite stays the fastest color, Ram had to put a hold on them to get the other slower colors out the door... 🍻

To add to the Granite mystery, someone posted this on the 5th Gen forum earlier:

1668743670982.png

Guess I’ll have to call the dealer tomorrow… ordered my 23 Granite Aug 26 .

In all seriousness, does anyone know why these colors are temporary unavailable? Or does anyone at @RamCares know why?

Seems odd to me that a color becomes temporary unavailable to order. I’m new to Ram (this will be my first Ram, let alone Stellantis vehicle).

Back