Dipstick reading wrong

TrxCat

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Trx
Current Ride #2
Hellcat
Does anyone else’s dipstick constantly read dry or underfilled? I’ve checked cold warm, 15 minutes after a drive and it always reads bone dry

Does anyone else’s dipstick constantly read dry or underfilled? I’ve checked cold warm, 15 minutes after a drive and it always reads bone dry
Have you added oil?

Might be worth just doing an oil change and measuring what comes out. If it's your first oil change, and it's very low, I'd let the dealer know and ask them to add that to your records in case there are issues down the line from running low.

Might be worth just doing an oil change and measuring what comes out. If it's your first oil change, and it's very low, I'd let the dealer know and ask them to add that to your records in case there are issues down the line from running low.
I actually just got it changed. Got home let it sit, went to go check and it’s still dry. Very weird

I actually just got it changed. Got home let it sit, went to go check and it’s still dry. Very weird
I would take it right back to wherever you had it changed. They may have underfilled. Or better, have them come to you because you don't want to drive it super low.

Sounds like they forgot to add oil after they drained it tbh. Where did you have the oil changed at? I mean wouldn’t be the first time I have heard of them forgetting to add oil after drowning it. That’s why they are supposed to pop your hood and show you the oil level before leaving! Good luck!

Sounds like they forgot to add oil after they drained it tbh. Where did you have the oil changed at? I mean wouldn’t be the first time I have heard of them forgetting to add oil after drowning it. That’s why they are supposed to pop your hood and show you the oil level before leaving! Good luck!
I managed quick lubes for almost 10 years and that was our process. Always double check before letting the vehicle drive it and show the customer.

@TrxPhonz check your receipt too. Make sure it lists 7.5 quarts. They may have put the wrong info in.

At a dodge dealership, the drive was 20 minutes home, if they really forgot I’d expect some noise within 5 minutes

My dipstick has always read weird since I got the truck, is it possible the dipstick is shot? I have now 6k miles

My dipstick has always read weird since I got the truck, is it possible the dipstick is shot? I have now 6k miles
Is the stick bent at all? Measure the length of it, I can measure mine and make sure you got the right one from the factory.

Is the stick bent at all? Measure the length of it, I can measure mine and make sure you got the right one from the factory.
It definitely doesn’t have a straight angle to it, has a warp in the middle

Manual States to let engine get to running temp, shut down, and wait 5 mins to check oil. Just changed my oil and it was reading different till I read the manual

I remember the trackhawk had a service bulletin out for the wrong dipstick installed.
There should be a part number stamped on it.

Just to be clear everyone here has the dipstick that has the angle edges throughout, and the reading is on the waffle?

I remember the trackhawk had a service bulletin out for the wrong dipstick installed.
There should be a part number stamped on it.
I think this is my problem, a short dipstick installed from the factory and its always reading dry because of this. Will take it in for them to check

Measure the length of it, I can measure mine and make sure you got the right one
Dude, are we really measuring sticks here...?? :)

1659134171230.png

Just checked mine, here are the pics. Maybe your's has peyronie's disease. LOL Seriously though, it's flimsy and they may have just bent it.

Attachments

• Dip 1.jpg
    Dip 1.jpg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Dip 2.jpg
    Dip 2.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 110
Are you sure it is dry, especially after someone changed it.
0W oil is very thin and it is clear. I have a very hard time reading my level when new, cannot see the oil. I have to get in the perfect light reflection to see it.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back