Did my UConnect finally die!?

TGertz777

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX Lvl2
Good grief, the UConnect 5 has given me nothing but trouble since I brought the truck home, despite the updates and reassurances from Ram, etc

It never did turn the corner and stop randomly dropping CarPlay on the freeway, but a lot of the other bugs got worked out, aside from not remembering random settings between driver profiles

Well, today, the screen finally went black. Multiple attempts at resetting the unit, still black screen. Heater works, radio works, black screen. After all the ways to reset the unit.

When I put the truck into “run” it briefly shows fan speed and mode in a circle and square, then completely black. When I turn it off, it does the whole “Ram” screen and then goes black again

Hopefully the thing is finally toast and Ram is forced to replace it, if the local service department decides to pick up the phone. The reluctance to replace a constantly faulty unit has been maddening.

Try this reset, mine did the same thing and I did this reset back in March and haven’t had a single issue since 😎
0D690EDD-533E-411E-BDBC-07F621FD60CF.png

My screen goes black every now and again. Not super often. But all the accessories work (fan, heating etc). I went to the dealer when the screen was black and showed the service rep and they were going to replace the who unit under warranty. From the research I did evidently before they were installed I guess they sat ona shelf and didn’t get properly charged or something. So they aren’t fully holding a charge since they been installed and periodically go blank. My fear is the next one I get (which is refurbished) is going to pose the same problems.

My screen has never went black until this past weekend. My buddy plugged his iphone in to charge .it connected to uconnect , after he unplugged my screen went black for a minute. Next start up it was black and stayed until I did the reset above. I have only had android plugged in until this...maybe the black screen is caused by i phone...or just coincidence. Its been fine since the reset.

Mine did this once when I first got the truck but hasn’t done it since it received an update.

My screen goes black every now and again. Not super often. But all the accessories work (fan, heating etc). I went to the dealer when the screen was black and showed the service rep and they were going to replace the who unit under warranty. From the research I did evidently before they were installed I guess they sat ona shelf and didn’t get properly charged or something. So they aren’t fully holding a charge since they been installed and periodically go blank. My fear is the next one I get (which is refurbished) is going to pose the same problems.
Yes they told me some internal battery sensor wasn’t charged and cut power to UConnect once it goes lower than 80%

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back