Debadging

We are right in the center of a large ice storm hitting this corner of the state tonight and through tomorrow with most places are already shut down. Of all days NOT to have my TRX and get to test out snow mode in the morning?!?! Would have been a blast, so I'm super annoyed right now. Assuming the weather allows I will get pictures tomorrow.

A trick for removing the badges that are adhesive. Try Wd-40. Won’t damage paint.

I removed all of my badging before I dropped it off to be PPF'd and ceramic coated yesterday morning.

By all, I mean, both doors and the entire tailgate (TRX, 4x4 and R A M) the R A M letters will have to either be put back on, replaced with something else (thinking about either larger T R X or possibly S R T. Or you will have to have body work done to full the locating holes for the larger letters. All the small badges are just double sided tape.

As for the Grill, even if you remove the R A M lettering the structure of the grill still has the R A M outlines molded into the single piece so you would have to replace the entire grill.
Need one of them SRT tailgate badges sir

Need one of them SRT tailgate badges sir
I know it! I wish I could have got them done before my truck arrived.
Was honestly thinking either S R T or just remove the small TRX badge and do T R X in the large center position.

I am putting the TRX back on but wanted them to coat everything without having to trim around all the badging. I am going to place my HellRex head where the 4x4 badge was.
Can you link me the finalized emblems? Might be in to do the same with mine. Pretty sure the 4x4 badge is juuuuust a bit redundant lol

I have decided against trying to change to S R T for now, would have to have body work done to fill the holes in the aluminum and have it repainted etc. I think I could get away with making the S and the R cover the existing holes for the R and A, but the T would never cover all 7 holes behind the M

Same goes for T R X, The T wont cover the 6 holes behind the R easily. So for now, I am just going to put the R A M back on the tailgate as much as I don't want to, any other change just isn't worth the trouble to me right now.

R - 2 locating pins and 4 clips
A - 2 locating pins and 3 clips
M - 2 locating pins and 5 clips

The locating pins have small round holes in the tailgate, the clips are your typical dash panel clips with matching rectangular slots in the tailgate, similar to these.

1612933191160.png

I have decided against trying to change to S R T for now, would have to have body work done to fill the holes in the aluminum and have it repainted etc. I think I could get away with making the S and the R cover the existing holes for the R and A, but the T would never cover all 7 holes behind the M

Same goes for T R X, The T wont cover the 6 holes behind the R easily. So for now, I am just going to put the R A M back on the tailgate as much as I don't want to, any other change just isn't worth the trouble to me right now.

R - 2 locating pins and 4 clips
A - 2 locating pins and 3 clips
M - 2 locating pins and 5 clips

The locating pins have small round holes in the tailgate, the clips are your typical dash panel clips with matching rectangular slots in the tailgate, similar to these.

View attachment 4416
Just SC in front of your RAM logo with some double sided tape...

I see you have the tow mirrors and it looks like they also have the 360 camera... is this correct? Do they also have the blind spot monitors?
'21 was the first year for tow mirrors and 360 camera

Snagged on a FB group

Look at all those holes in the tailgate...... :mad:
Live look at the emblem placement workers in the plant...

Yeah......I could have sworn back in 19 when the Rebels hit the lot that they had smooth tailgates. Must be confusing myself with some other random information in my head.......

I was shooting for a smooth tailgate - I hate badges!

I see you have the tow mirrors and it looks like they also have the 360 camera... is this correct? Do they also have the blind spot monitors?
Yes, 360 Camera, Blindspot and power fold.. They also have real cool spot light in them..

Ramspot.jpg

Ramspot2 .jpg

Just for the record.

The rear emblems are just on with adhesive.
The front Ram emblem letters are also there with adhesive and guide pins and can be removed.
Sweet, that’s good information.

The small TRX and 4x4 badges are only adhesive but the large R A M letters in the center also have locating pins. Mine are removed currently and can confirm there are clips through the tailgate. I will try to get pics in the AM
I am not a fan of the clips. Damn I was hoping it would be a clean removal.

Can someone with a truck take a look at what factory badges could be removed? Ideally would like to remove all badges but specifically the front grill “RAM” and the side badging.

Thanks
I would like to remove them also but it looks like a no go for some of them.

I removed all of my badging before I dropped it off to be PPF'd and ceramic coated yesterday morning.

By all, I mean, both doors and the entire tailgate (TRX, 4x4 and R A M) the R A M letters will have to either be put back on, replaced with something else (thinking about either larger T R X or possibly S R T. Or you will have to have body work done to full the locating holes for the larger letters. All the small badges are just double sided tape.

As for the Grill, even if you remove the R A M lettering the structure of the grill still has the R A M outlines molded into the single piece so you would have to replace the entire grill.

1613995963886.png

Back