TRX of the Year 🏆
RAM-TRX.com Legend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can someone with a truck take a look at what factory badges could be removed? Ideally would like to remove all badges but specifically the front grill “RAM” and the side badging.

Thanks

Front grille "ram" part of the grill actually.. rest look like they could be removed

Front grille "ram" part of the grill actually.. rest look like they could be removed
So the “RAM” on front grill couldn’t be removed to have a bare grill?

is the grill constructed in a way that getting one made would be challenging?

I removed all of my badging before I dropped it off to be PPF'd and ceramic coated yesterday morning.

By all, I mean, both doors and the entire tailgate (TRX, 4x4 and R A M) the R A M letters will have to either be put back on, replaced with something else (thinking about either larger T R X or possibly S R T. Or you will have to have body work done to full the locating holes for the larger letters. All the small badges are just double sided tape.

As for the Grill, even if you remove the R A M lettering the structure of the grill still has the R A M outlines molded into the single piece so you would have to replace the entire grill.

I removed all of my badging before I dropped it off to be PPF'd and ceramic coated yesterday morning.

By all, I mean, both doors and the entire tailgate (TRX, 4x4 and R A M) the R A M letters will have to either be put back on, replaced with something else (thinking about either larger T R X or possibly S R T. Or you will have to have body work done to full the locating holes for the larger letters. All the small badges are just double sided tape.

As for the Grill, even if you remove the R A M lettering the structure of the grill still has the R A M outlines molded into the single piece so you would have to replace the entire grill.
Are you leaving off the smalls? And did you do a full ppf? Thanks

Sweet. I’m gonna remove every badge and leave the tailgate RAM. Will buy a clean replacement grill once someone makes it

I left the TRX on..

Ramrear.jpg

Ram side.jpg

What did you use to remove emblems ?

What did you use to remove emblems ?
My detail guy did it when he did ceramic coating and tint.. He used some kind of steam gun and what looked to be a fishing line with handles on the end..

My detail guy did it when he did ceramic coating and tint.. He used some kind of steam gun and what looked to be a fishing line with handles on the end..
You mean a garrot? Lol

I’m planning on getting the tailgate RAM color matched (silver) after debadging.

I’m planning on getting the tailgate RAM color matched (silver) after debadging.
Think vinyl wrap would adhere to the tailgate large letters?

Just for the record.

The rear emblems are just on with adhesive.
The front Ram emblem letters are also there with adhesive and guide pins and can be removed.
The small TRX and 4x4 badges are only adhesive but the large R A M letters in the center also have locating pins. Mine are removed currently and can confirm there are clips through the tailgate. I will try to get pics in the AM

The small TRX and 4x4 badges are only adhesive but the large R A M letters in the center also have locating pins. Mine are removed currently and can confirm there are clips through the tailgate. I will try to get pics in the AM

Oh that’s interesting ... my wrap shop told me that they were just adhesive with guide pins when I dropped it off.:cautious:

I wonder why the front ones aren’t clipped but the rear ones are ...

Can one of you get me pictures? I have an appointment as soon as the truck comes in to have everything ripped off and I’m trying to give them as much information as possible.

Back