Deals on Gorilla Black Lug Nuts?

zbecker13

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Black TRX
I'm putting some new Vossen's on the truck next week and I have silver lug nuts. From what I've seen, the Gorilla Black Lug Nuts are the go to.

Anybody have a lead on any deals on them?

Darn, I'll need 12 pairs. (2 nuts per pair, 24 lug nuts for the truck hah) kidding, of course.

Thanks!

Msg @NickKNSF for inventory but if it's on the site he should have them. You can use RAMTRX.COM code for 6% off.

Msg @NickKNSF for inventory but if it's on the site he should have them. You can use RAMTRX.COM code for 6% off.
Thanks Brotha! Just had a sale come through from here.

Just got mine this past weekend.
Man the black ones make such an overall difference!

They really do! My next step is getting ppf smoked rear lights and mirror turning lights. That should complete the look, no more silver!

I need to order some to for my HRE Wheels they came with silver lugs. I just want to ensure the link below will fit my aftermarket wheels. Also are they matte or gloss black?

Are the

Curious. What’s the difference between the two gorilla lugs on your site other than one being twice the price of the other? SKU T71644NBCRX and 96644BDX. Both descriptions are practically the same and state they are both steel and chrome plated.

Thanks.

Curious. What’s the difference between the two gorilla lugs on your site other than one being twice the price of the other? SKU T71644NBCRX and 96644BDX. Both descriptions are practically the same and state they are both steel and chrome plated.

Thanks.
Not to sure as I have been trying to click the link and its not loading for me. What I can tell you is that we have them in stock, we know that they fit your truck & we are a legitimate forum vendor. From those part numbers though it looks like one is Black Chrome(BC) and one is not so that may explain a major price difference as one coating us much more costly.

After waking up and re-reading this... the Black chrome is a bit more durable finish. but
Oh joy now that I'm awake and have re-read. LOL Regardless an impact should not be used to keep these looking great. I use painters tape inside my wheel key or a paper towel and torque by hand!

Last edited:
Not to sure as I have been trying to click the link and its not loading for me. What I can tell you is that we have them in stock, we know that they fit your truck & we are a legitimate forum vendor. From those part numbers though it looks like one is Black Chrome(BC) and one is not so that may explain a major price difference as one coating us much more costly.
I think that's what he's asking about as the "Black Chrome" is showing up at the bottom of the page in the "you may also like" section. What's the difference between the "Black" and the "Black Chrome"? I've seen some people complain about the black wearing off rather quickly with frequent wheel rotations, I assume the "Black Chrome" would be stronger?

Jay

I think that's what he's asking about as the "Black Chrome" is showing up at the bottom of the page in the "you may also like" section. What's the difference between the "Black" and the "Black Chrome"? I've seen some people complain about the black wearing off rather quickly with frequent wheel rotations, I assume the "Black Chrome" would be stronger?

Jay
Oh joy now that I'm awake and have re-read. LOL

Absolutely correct, the black chrome coating is quite a bit more durable then the standard. Regardless an impact should not be used to keep these looking great. I use painters tape inside my wheel key or a paper towel and torque by hand!

Anyone have a picture of these on the stock black wheel? I want to get wheel locks, but I feel like I enjoy the chrome lug nuts.

Anyone have a picture of these on the stock black wheel? I want to get wheel locks, but I feel like I enjoy the chrome lug nuts.
Not the cleanest wheel but here

Attachments

• 20221122_133355.jpg
    20221122_133355.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 53

Jay

Yes that’s what I wanted to know. I assumed that the difference was that one is chromed and the other isn’t but if you look at the details for both they both say they are steel and chrome plated. I think maybe the descriptions were copied between the two products which confused me although the “chrome” is present in one title and not the other. Anyway, thanks for the insight.

Jay
Sorry the 1st one I linked is the thinner base that won't cover the silver ring on the black factory wheels, the more expensive ones https://knspeedfactory.com/products/gorilla-lug-nuts-black-chrome-ram-trx have a wider base that will cover the silver ring in the lug seating area. IIRC the ones I linked earlier with the thinner base are designed for the factory beadlock wheels and aftermarket wheels but I use the DP black lugs on everything so Im not 100% on that.

Back