Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F150
Anyone else receive this status? Ordered on 8/24

Attachments

• 20201109_133426.jpg
    20201109_133426.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 240
You're the only one I have seen in that status.

Last edited:
Taken from: https://buyfromkurt.com/f/custom-order-vehicles---understanding-the-build-status

Custom ordered vehicle

B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.

C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.

D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:

D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

I - Inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

JB / KZP- Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JS - Storage. Waiting to be shipped.

KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".
KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

I hope it's not an error. It means they are actually building the trucks.
Like I told my sales guy, it seems too good to be true. You would think the people that first ordered would get that status. Atleast the non LEs

I seen what I assume was your FB post and the comment about your VIN being a little less than 1000. Since you didn't give the exact 3 digit number, I have been checking every VIN from 900-1000 in an attempt to locate a build spec to better understand at what point the spec shows up online during the build process. I would have expected the build spec to have already been available if the truck has been down the assembly line and is now in JB - " Shipped to Upfit Center "

I seen what I assume was your FB post and the comment about your VIN being a little less than 1000. Since you didn't give the exact 3 digit number, I have been checking every VIN from 900-1000 in an attempt to locate a build spec to better understand at what point the spec shows up online during the build process. I would have expected the build spec to have already been available if the truck has been down the assembly line and is now in JB - " Shipped to Upfit Center "
Its in the 800s. I physically went to the dealer when he showed me the vin and order sheet

Where are you checking the build spec?

No one else is past D1

My truck was built and sent to body vendor on may 24 th! is it typical to be over a week and still no window sticker? I only have a hood decal, spray on bed liner and running boards

My truck was built and sent to body vendor on may 24 th! is it typical to be over a week and still no window sticker? I only have a hood decal, spray on bed liner and running boards
I had zero accessories and spent 4 days there. Totally normal

Good to know! I was hoping being over a week I would at least get a window sticker by now!

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back