Dealer Stating battery needs to be replaced, for troubleshooting 360 degree camera issue

MJATS2002

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
Shelby GT350
Sorry in advance for the long winded post… Truck has been at the dealer for almost a month… One day after washing my truck, the following happened. Screen went black, after driving several miles, AC stopped blowing, windows inoperable, running boards would not extend. This happened intermittently for a week or so and some days not at all. Took it to the dealer, they stated they replaced the CVPM and that resolved the issues. But, when “reprogramming” the cameras, they could not get the 360 degree camera view to work and Stellaris stated that tech needed to charge the battery for an hour and if it was not fully charged after an hour to replace the battery. Never had any signs of battery issues, as a bonus unaware to us our factory warranty expired while we were waiting for an appt. Dealer states even if replacing the battery does not fix the issue, once it is installed I have to pay for it. Cost to replace battery is $619…. Spoke to Stellaris to see if they would cover the battery since the issue occurred when vehicle was under warranty and it was denied. I’m very skeptical on the battery being the issue. Looking for any thoughts or advice on how to proceed. Has anyone else had issues with the 360 degree camera view due to a battery issue?

$619 to replace a battery!?!?

XWj3uE.gif

Lmao $619.

The larger odyssey H8 (stock is a H7 but the H8 fits fine) battery costs $300 and you need to have 10minutes, a socket wrench and have hands that don’t shake. And it’s far better than the OEM shit.

They are straight screwing you, 2.5hrs labor plus oem battery at retail cost I’m thinking.

See my thread here,
Post in thread '"Press brake and push start button" message stays on, drained battery.'
https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/pre...ge-stays-on-drained-battery.19719/post-370940

When you BUY your own new battery and install it (do not let the stealership screw you for $600).....make sure all your cable ends are clean (round wire brush) and brush the new battery posts, just to be sure. Then check all your body grounds......its a thing to have one be just a bit loose and cause all kinds of issue. Cheers!

Somewhat related question, the felt like battery cover, how important is it? Stupid rodents seem to love that stuff.....wondering if I can just chuck it unless it has some critical purpose?

Somewhat related question, the felt like battery cover, how important is it? Stupid rodents seem to love that stuff.....wondering if I can just chuck it unless it has some critical purpose?
it is designed to shield the battery from engine heat. Id keep it. the hellcat motor gets very hot with radiant heat, quickly. What little it does, is still a benefit.

Frankly, less important for quality batteries and not the OEM shit.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back