Dealer Question and Response - VIN

Methman

TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Company Car
This morning I sent an email do the sales rep who helped me reserve my TRX, which I did on 10/27/20.

I asked at what point a VIN is issued and the status of TRX’s being delivered and he sent the following:

The TRXs will not work the same as "normal orders" which have VINs in about 6 weeks. We are all waiting on the builds to begin and the allocations to be distributed. As we covered at the beginning, placing the order was not a guarantee of getting a TRX. It created a place in line for you.

Unfortunately, at this point, I do not know when that line will begin moving.

So we aren’t guaranteed one?

I do remember him saying that to me, but I thought it might just take longer to get it.

Anyone else hear this?

I guess it might be a Power Wagon for me...

I was initially told that everyone who wanted one would get one eventually. But the order form contains fine print stating that your order isn’t binding. Now with COVID delays and a new administration pushing high fuel economy standards and electrification, it wouldn’t surprise me if this turns into a limited run vehicle and that people like you and me who have a VON but not a ViN could be SOL.

I was initially told that everyone who wanted one would get one eventually. But the order form contains fine print stating that your order isn’t binding. Now with COVID delays and a new administration pushing high fuel economy standards and electrification, it wouldn’t surprise me if this turns into a limited run vehicle and that people like you and me who have a VON but not a ViN could be SOL.
Okay thanks. We can just hope for the best I guess. If it is meant to be it will happen.

My sales rep sent me a follow up email stating he just went through the training courses for the TRX and it is “one bad ass truck.”

?

Okay thanks. We can just hope for the best I guess. If it is meant to be it will happen.

My sales rep sent me a follow up email stating he just went through the training courses for the TRX and it is “one bad ass truck.”

?
That is good news. If they are training folks that means they plan to build and sell more.

Do car companies have a history of making drastic U-Turns on model lines like this? Seems like that would be a major decision given they've probably invested a lot in preparing to produce the TRX. Let's hope they're just slow along with the rest of the manufacturing sector right now.

For what it's worth, I just spoke to a dealer earlier that said "We are told that at the beginning of the year, they will be opening up allocation."

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Technically no but you haven't been cancelled at this point so you should be good to go on getting a VIN hopefully in December when they are suppose to start allocations and builds again. You'll be somewhere in the 2200+ range but they aren't doing builds inorder based on the few trucks they had in D1.

Technically no but you haven't been cancelled at this point so you should be good to go on getting a VIN hopefully in December when they are suppose to start allocations and builds again. You'll be somewhere in the 2200+ range but they aren't doing builds inorder based on the few trucks they had in D1.
That also makes me feel better, so thank you. 2200 though... so you’re saying there’s a chance!

I had cancel my first order to change colors. My second order was placed on 10/26/2020 and I finally received a VIN on 11/13/2020 with the last four digits of 2233

Well, that is good news! I was thinking about changing colors then a new granite gray Power Wagon drove by me and it is nice. I also don’t want to risk something happening to my reservation.

I had cancel my first order to change colors. My second order was placed on 10/26/2020 and I finally received a VIN on 11/13/2020 with the last four digits of 2233
Did they change the order or canceled it and opened a new one?
I believe that if they only changed it, your place in the queue is better regardless of vin number...

This morning I sent an email do the sales rep who helped me reserve my TRX, which I did on 10/27/20.

I asked at what point a VIN is issued and the status of TRX’s being delivered and he sent the following:

The TRXs will not work the same as "normal orders" which have VINs in about 6 weeks. We are all waiting on the builds to begin and the allocations to be distributed. As we covered at the beginning, placing the order was not a guarantee of getting a TRX. It created a place in line for you.

I do remember him saying that to me, but I thought it might just take longer to get it.

Anyone else hear this?

I was told March 2021. I canceled and bought a limited.

Anyone else hear this?

You guy's are gonna love this one. So after reading this, I called my dealer. He told me the hold up is the manufacturer of the carbon fibre pieces for inside the truck, the quality isn't where it needs to be. He said he should have more updates after Thanksgiving so I will write back again. I couldn't believe it when he said that. The only thing is that,. Hopefully that means they have a bunch built ready to finish with those carbon fiber pieces and aren't waiting to build the truck just because of that???

You guy's are gonna love this one. So after reading this, I called my dealer. He told me the hold up is the manufacturer of the carbon fibre pieces for inside the truck, the quality isn't where it needs to be. He said he should have more updates after Thanksgiving so I will write back again. I couldn't believe it when he said that. The only thing is that,. Hopefully that means they have a bunch built ready to finish with those carbon fiber pieces and aren't waiting to build the truck just because of that???
Then they would be building those without the carbon fiber package which they are not. So, this does not appear to be a complete explanation.

There are a few people on the FB pages stating that the delay is due to EPA certification and emissions testing issues...who knows?

I ordered my TRX on October 10th. My dealer is basically useless when it comes to information. I went to Chrysler.com and called their customer service (chat is pretty much worthless as well) and they got me my VIN and said status was D1 on November 8th. Couldn’t give me a build date, but they were fairly helpful otherwise.

I opted out of carbon fiber after having to have it replaced TWICE in my SRT Grand Cherokee. It’s a chronic problem.

What was going on with it?

I had it in my last Audi and it was quite nice - never an issue.

Did they change the order or canceled it and opened a new one?
I believe that if they only changed it, your place in the queue is better regardless of vin number...
They told me they would have to cancel it and put in a new order, I received a new VON at that time and got my VIN about a month later.

Any one willing to post the last 8 digits of their vin? With it I can start looking at parts and accessories in our catalog. As it is my 2021 catalog lists it as a DT 1500 (regular new body style) I am not so shocked about this but with it being wider, bigger, and such I was kind of expecting a new body style designation.

Last edited:

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back