Dealer Inspection

MikeD

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 RAM SRT10
Spoke with my Salesman today about all the known issues with the RAM TRX.
I even emailed him a list of items that this forum has provided.
Both he and his service manger have agreed that before my TRX leaves it will get a "good once over".
I live about 1.5 hours ride away from the dealer I purchased it from, and really would hate to be towed back if it breaks down.
What has been your response from you purchasing dealer when asked to look over your New TRX before you take it home?
They are hoping to get it by next weekend!
It's been a long 7 months. I ordered it 8/19/21 VIN 1160

SpamSpamSpam

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
I was assured it would be looked over and under. Unfortunately, I found a harness hanging down from the chassis and wipers which go off the windshield. Frustrating...... make sure you check it yourself.

Bambi

The Stripper Hunter
TRX of the Month
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
Range Rover Sport supercharged, F-150 FX4, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I gave them the checklist and told them I wanted each item initialed. No issues so far. They said they were printing it out for service to use

OP
MikeD

MikeD

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 RAM SRT10
I gave them the checklist and told them I wanted each item initialed. No issues so far. They said they were printing it out for service to use
Even though this is a very Large Ram dealership in Fredericksburg, VA (which received 4 allocations for the TRX), mine will be the first they have seen.
So I'm hoping it will get a lot of attention....
They thanked me for the list and were happy to receive it.

More Cow Bell

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Rubicon
Even though this is a very Large Ram dealership in Fredericksburg, VA (which received 4 allocations for the TRX), mine will be the first they have seen.
So I'm hoping it will get a lot of attention....
They thanked me for the list and were happy to receive it.
That is the impression that I’m getting from my dealer! I am there first truck with a VIN: we’re going to put it on a lift and inspect!

JRex

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
If it were me, once they were done with post delivery inspection, before I closed, I would have them put it up on lift and walk me thru all of the items on the list, so I can visually see, they are assembled correctly. It only takes 10 minutes. 10 minutes for almost $100,000.00. That's the least they can do.

All it takes is one hung over drunk or drug addict, who does not care. The problem is you cant tell, because you never see the tech. This is your life, I would just visually verify its assembled correctly.

For how out of control these assembly issues have gotten, why not. Otherwise it will always be in the back of your mind and be wondering, espically if you take it off road and raise hell.

I just took the hit list of items, and just crawled under the truck, just now. It really easy with a creeper or for me a smooth, sealed garage floor even with truck on the ground & LED bar light. I can slide right under without a creeper or blanket, but takes a little effort, a creeper is ideal.

But I think its good to actually lay eyes on and verify yourself, everything is assembled. Its your life, put whatever value on you think it worth, then make the dealer act accordingly.

Zucco22

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
18’ m550i xdrive
Spoke with my Salesman today about all the known issues with the RAM TRX.
I even emailed him a list of items that this forum has provided.
Both he and his service manger have agreed that before my TRX leaves it will get a "good once over".
I live about 1.5 hours ride away from the dealer I purchased it from, and really would hate to be towed back if it breaks down.
What has been your response from you purchasing dealer when asked to look over your New TRX before you take it home?
They are hoping to get it by next weekend!
It's been a long 7 months. I ordered it 8/19/21 VIN 1160

Could you do me a huge favor and please email me the PDI list from this forum? I’m taking mine into dealer for post break in oil change and I can’t locate list. I asked dealer to to another check just to be certain. So far no noticeable issues. I’m at 1000 miles. Ezuke@yahoo.com

Zucco22

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
18’ m550i xdrive
Could you do me a huge favor and please email me the PDI list from this forum? I’m taking mine into dealer for post break in oil change and I can’t locate list. I asked dealer to to another check just to be certain. So far no noticeable issues. I’m at 1000 miles. Ezuke@yahoo.com

scottn

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver
Current Ride #2
Convertible
I will

Attachments

• TRX ISSUES LIST 03.01.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 86

LTM

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Hi, first time posting. My LE has arrived at the dealer as of yesterday. I also am having problems (user error I'm sure...) finding the entire checklist. How do I do that or can someone email me at Loren.Moody@RangeWater.com? thanks!

LTM

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Well that was great, as I was typing that scottn posted it, thanks!!!

scottn

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver
Current Ride #2
Convertible
I asked my dealer to inspect mine. They said they would, but I had to pay for it. I paid $290 and picked up my truck last Friday (love it). But, because my dealer has been such a nuisance on the issue, I went ahead and had it inspected today by my mechanic. He reported:

* None of the bolts had been touched since factory. If dealer did anything, they did nothing more than a visual inspection.
* The fill plug on the transfer case was never tightened - he unscrewed it by hand. The thread locker/sealant had never even been disturbed.
*The front diff fluid was 1/2" below fill line. He had to add 16 oz of mopar gear oil.
*Differential strut that is in pics had bolts that were so loose he could unscrew by hand. He said they looked tight visually, but they were not. These are the bolts shown on the list.

Suffice it to say, my dealer took my money but did not do what I paid them to do.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com