Dealer doesn't want my $100K....

natew51

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM 1500 Limited
Like many of you, I have a mythical TRX on order at my local dealership. Over this past summer, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2021, but this particular dealer (a different dealer than where my order is at) puts ADM on all their TRX's, but to make it not so painful, also adds some accessories....PPF, tint, box cover, etc, but also some gimmick piece of shit called Final Coat that they charge like $1000 for. I ultimately passed on this truck due to the color.

Shortly after they got in a color I liked better and had all the preplanned accessories which increased the price $8K. These accessories were not installed and I requested to switch some of them out....not get rid of but switch them.....i.e. RAM Power Boards vs the AMP boards they were going to install. Nope, they dug their heels in....no way no how....this is how it is, take it or leave it.

Now, in full transparency, I was a pain in the ass trying to negotiate this, but after all, I am the customer. Just needed to put that out there.

Fast forward to today and they rec'd an inventory truck (go figure, while so many of us wait). I was planning to go out and sign the paperwork when I got a call from the sales person saying "it is here, but don't show up trying to negotiate. Management remembers well what happened last time." I replied "Ok, understood, but is that another way of saying they don't want to sell it to me?" the reply I got was "Correct, they will but they don't' really want to".

This truck is also $9K over MSRP (pushing it past 100K) with some accessories and I was willing to do because a majority of the items are things I would do anyway, but last I checked buying a vehicle was supposed to be fun and even though I want this thing in the worst way, I can't bring myself to do it. Call me stubborn, call me sensitive, call me stupid, but I guess I'm waiting till spring till my truck actually arrives. siiiiiigh

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
Every time I buy a new car (other than the 2021 TRX I paid $10K over for and the TRX I ordered from Koons at $10k under) its always been a shit show. Greedy BS every time. As if they aren't making enough. They have to cheat/steal in one way or another. Warranties.. Rates.. They suck... Every time.
I would take you money to Koons. Granger wrote up a thread on what is getting threw the quickest. I would get what you want and go to Granger or Koons.

Last edited:

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Well…the simple answer is if they don’t want your money, you should not give it to them.

If they dick you around before they have your money, just imagine how they’ll behave after. Warranty service, for instance.

Westphalracing

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
17' BMW X5M Dinan S2
Current Ride #2
07' BMW 335i FBO, Meth inj.
Like many of you, I have a mythical TRX on order at my local dealership. Over this past summer, I almost pulled the trigger on a 2021, but this particular dealer (a different dealer than where my order is at) puts ADM on all their TRX's, but to make it not so painful, also adds some accessories....PPF, tint, box cover, etc, but also some gimmick piece of shit called Final Coat that they charge like $1000 for. I ultimately passed on this truck due to the color.

Shortly after they got in a color I liked better and had all the preplanned accessories which increased the price $8K. These accessories were not installed and I requested to switch some of them out....not get rid of but switch them.....i.e. RAM Power Boards vs the AMP boards they were going to install. Nope, they dug their heels in....no way no how....this is how it is, take it or leave it.

Now, in full transparency, I was a pain in the ass trying to negotiate this, but after all, I am the customer. Just needed to put that out there.

Fast forward to today and they rec'd an inventory truck (go figure, while so many of us wait). I was planning to go out and sign the paperwork when I got a call from the sales person saying "it is here, but don't show up trying to negotiate. Management remembers well what happened last time." I replied "Ok, understood, but is that another way of saying they don't want to sell it to me?" the reply I got was "Correct, they will but they don't' really want to".

This truck is also $9K over MSRP (pushing it past 100K) with some accessories and I was willing to do because a majority of the items are things I would do anyway, but last I checked buying a vehicle was supposed to be fun and even though I want this thing in the worst way, I can't bring myself to do it. Call me stubborn, call me sensitive, call me stupid, but I guess I'm waiting till spring till my truck actually arrives. siiiiiigh
You didn’t reply to them with “yeah, and the customer is always right. Last I checked, you’re a car dealer, and I am a customer trying to buy a product, sooooo…..”

Phillytrx

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2018 trackhawk
Every time I buy a new car (other than the 2021 TRX I paid $10K over for and the TRX I ordered from Koons at $10k under) its always been a shit show. Greedy BS every time. As if they aren't making enough. They have to cheat/steal in one way or another. Warranties.. Rates.. They suck... Every time.
I would take you money to Koons. Granger wrote up a thread on what is getting threw the quickest. I would get what you want and go to Granger or Koons.
I don’t understand why you keep side stepping Chapman? Everyone so far has had a great experience with them.

Frankenswat

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Raptor
You're probably right. Dealers probably have lists of people who are eagerly waiting to give 100K for a TRX when a deal falls through on an ordered truck. Go with the less pain in the anus option which sounds like is not you according to you.

goldlifter

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago gated manual
The fewer people that cave to ADM, the faster ADMs go away. People can bitch all they want about TRX(and C8 prices) but the sooner people stop overpaying, the prices will correct. I dont fault dealers for trying….none of us NEED these vehicles, they are a luxury

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Conversely, as long as people keep paying the adm the value of my TRX remains higher than maybe what it should be

Reactions: Two
OP
natew51

natew51

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM 1500 Limited
Haha the Last Coat is just a $30 detail spray/hybrid sealant coating lol. classic.
It isn't much better but it is called Final Coat. It is supposed to be some sort of electronic rust protection device. There is no science behind it and they are the only dealer I've ever seen that pushes it like cocaine!

2Papi

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota 2010
Current Ride #2
Tesla y
I never paid MSRP for any of my vehicles, here in Florida they're charging between 10-25K over MSRP, so I rather wait for my vehicle to be built and drive from P.A to Fl, I sold my Raptor which I never thought I will because they were paying over MSRP for a 37K and year and a half old vehicle, that will never happen again or maybe next pandemic in 100 years but I won't be around, "customer it's always right" or sellers have to bend to get business that it's over for now and probably most of next year.

Last edited:

2Papi

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota 2010
Current Ride #2
Tesla y
The fewer people that cave to ADM, the faster ADMs go away. People can bitch all they want about TRX(and C8 prices) but the sooner people stop overpaying, the prices will correct. I dont fault dealers for trying….none of us NEED these vehicles, they are a luxury
WRONG !!!!There's some heavy egos that need an over priced FIAT product with a V8 and a 700 HP in a pick up truck

Last edited:

BlueTRX

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Hydro Blue Ram TRX
Some car dealers are really not caring during these shortage times. They know what vehicles people will want no matter what and keep prices where they are. They should know however someday things(hopefully) will go back to normal and people will remember all the scumbaggage.
Dealers can hold prices and not negotiate if they decide to, after all they are a business trying to stay afloat with little inventory; they cant however talk to customers in the matter they did to the OP. The sales rep should have not txted what he did.

Adding mandatory, non requested items to add price markups to trucks is the ultimate "screw you" to customers though

Lee#144

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
USAF
Had the same experience along my search for a truck. Back in August I found a slightly used level 2 at a dealership about 90 minutes away. I contacted the salesman and my bank and sent the salesman my funding document from USAA and told him I’d be there right after work to pick it up. Signed everything electronically. At around 4pm the salesman calls and tells me another salesman is showing the truck and how long would it take for me to get there. I’m like wtf are you talking about I just signed everything! My salesman of course blamed it on the sales manager but by the time I got out of work and started my drive to the dealer the truck had been sold. I’ve bought and sold cars for 30+ years and that was the first time that ever happened. When I called USAA to cancel the funding the rep there said she was hearing similar experiences lately from other customers.

SteveMizz

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
SRT JEEP
This all comes down to supply and demand.... Everything changes when a dealer has 300 trucks in stock and have to hit numbers. For the time being you have to order your truck and have patience if you don't want to pay ADM.

ALJ

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
No
In business sometime a person rather not sell to a buyer for strategic reasons or if the Buyer is a PITA, which he admitted he was.

This OP reminds me of this scene, someone that may want to buy something but never would.

elf-flyers.gif

OP
natew51

natew51

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 RAM 1500 Limited
In business sometime a person rather not sell to a buyer for strategic reasons or if the Buyer is a PITA, which he admitted he was.

This OP reminds me of this scene, someone that may want to buy something but never would.

View attachment 28096
Fair comment...I was a PITA...I own that.

Can't say I agree with the other and a poor assumption on your part and in fact it is quite the opposite. My truck is on order, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Only reason for considering this other deal is the rarity of this particular truck and my level of patience or lack there of.

Either way, it will happen but that isn't really the point when the day is done. Thanks for input though.

Hope you and everyone reading this has a Happy Thanksgiving!

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
Sounds like you closer to one of the 9k off dealers on the forum and could have a way better experience buying a TRX for way cheaper. No bitching required.

TCAT

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
Army RCCS -Retired
I believe anyone Ordering/buying a 22 or 23, that things are only get worse for ADM fees as a whole and getting delivery of the truck they ordered. Especially with the HellCats last year build being 2023 ( I not sure if this effects TRX), Look what happened to some people on the forum with their 21s...i.e. dealers sell their truck to other people for ADM fees, etc.

Latest Discussions...

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Morton