Daytime running lights

The uConnect part got me too........ :LOL:

I did this on my 19 Ram 1500 years ago......and I don't recall having to turn it on in the uConnect system. Who knows, I forget crap I did last week let alone years ago.

2019-05-10 18.26.11-4.jpg

So your saying that this can only be done with the Tazer thing? Love the amber lights .
I run my parking light on, on every thing I drive and I have since 1976 :cool:
In the old days you could tell what car was coming at you 1/4 mile away from the parking lights.

So your saying that this can only be done with the Tazer thing? Love the amber lights .
I run my parking light on, on every thing I drive and I have since 1976 :cool:
In the old days you could tell what car was coming at you 1/4 mile away from the parking lights.
There maybe other ways of doing it but I can say that the Tazer DT is one way of potentially many others to accomplish it.

In the Tazer, set your daytime running light position to the ‘turn signals’. Then go into your uconnect lights setting and turn your daytime running lights on.

Thank you for posting this.. I was missing the uconnect DRL on part... Now it works!

Great info, this is what I found, do I need any of the accessories? Will this void part of the warranty, hence the SGW Extension Cable offer? I have a 21 TRX, and want the hood lights on with the DRL's. Let me know if I need any of the other accessories offered...Thanks

Great info, this is what I found, do I need any of the accessories? Will this void part of the warranty, hence the SGW Extension Cable offer? I have a 21 TRX, and want the hood lights on with the DRL's. Let me know if I need any of the other accessories offered...Thanks

note that the Tazer will allow you to switch your DRL’s to the amber turn signals but it will not allow you to turn on the “marking lights” which include the hood and four corners. That is either having your headights on, turning your parking lights on when your headlights are off, or cheating with a couple fuse taps to power them from an ignition power source in the fuse box which is what I did.

note that the Tazer will allow you to switch your DRL’s to the amber turn signals but it will not allow you to turn on the “marking lights” which include the hood and four corners. That is either having your headights on, turning your parking lights on when your headlights are off, or cheating with a couple fuse taps to power them from an ignition power source in the fuse box which is what I did.
Bummer, it would be nice if you could do it all within the module. I do like the feature to switch the mirrors to automatic folding.

Bummer, it would be nice if you could do it all within the module. I do like the feature to switch the mirrors to automatic folding.
agreed…its something I approached the owner of ZAutomotive about. He acknowledge he was aware but that was it. They seem to have moved on to something else other than the TRX. The cheat is pretty easy and hands off once you do it one time.

agreed…its something I approached the owner of ZAutomotive about. He acknowledge he was aware but that was it. They seem to have moved on to something else other than the TRX. The cheat is pretty easy and hands off once you do it one time.
Do I need any of the other accessories?

Do I need any of the other accessories?
Do you mean the other stuff that Z Automotice sells? If that is what you mean then no.
All you need is two 10amp fuse taps, a couple spare 10 amp fuses, wire cutters and a crimp tool. All of which you can get at any Autozone, etc. If you want more info let me know.

Do you mean the other stuff that Z Automotice sells? If that is what you mean then no.
All you need is two 10amp fuse taps, a couple spare 10 amp fuses, wire cutters and a crimp tool. All of which you can get at any Autozone, etc. If you want more info let me know.
Little late here but I'm definitely interested in your method

Anyone get this done with alfaobd? Marker lights as well? Going to mess with alfa settings this afternoon after I put in the ACC

Has anyone figured this out using AlfaOBD yet?
I set my drl to amber with AlphaOBD. You have to make sure drl are set to on in UConnect.
On AlphaOBD :
Cust. Program Features: Daytime Running Lamps: Select: Enabled
Cust. Set Menu 1: Daytime Running Lights CSM Present: Select: Yes
EXUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Select: Yes
CBC Features: DRL Configuration: Select: Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lights: Select: Turn Signal
CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled: Select: Yes
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present: Select: No

This worked for me. Good luck.

I set my drl to amber with AlphaOBD. You have to make sure drl are set to on in UConnect.
On AlphaOBD :
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lights: Select: Turn Signal

How does it look like when you've got your turn signal on as well?

Trying to figure out the effect "DRL Dropout Enabled" will have on this.

Cheers!

How does it look like when you've got your turn signal on as well?

Trying to figure out the effect "DRL Dropout Enabled" will have on this.

Cheers!
The side with no flasher is solid. The side you set to blink, will blink. Once the blinker shuts down it goes back to solid amber.

On AlphaOBD :

I did this on my 22 and it worked just as described. First three was already enabled, yes and yes. The rest needed changes. Many thanks @Joicy3

I did this on my 22 and it worked just as described. First three was already enabled, yes and yes. The rest needed changes. Many thanks @Joicy3
What exactly are you guys buying to do this? I’m familiar with Tazer (have one for the Trackhawk and needed their bypass), but I don’t have any experience with AlphaOBD. What do I need to do this on the TRX?

Obdlink Bluetooth connector, bypass cable and the alphaobd software does it. I mainly purchased it to enable powersteps on uconnect. Cheaper than taking it to dealer and takes only a few minutes.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back