TRX Noob
Reaction score
Name
Randall Rogers
Current Ride
Ram TRX
Military
Marine Corp
Found cv grease or diff fluid all over my front right yesterday. Went to dealer they said no parts are available for the TRX yet, I took home cleaned everything up and don’t see any tears in the CV boots, going to check front diff today.

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
This is now a known issue that afflicts some of these trucks, mine has that problem too and so have others on the forum.

You dealer doesn’t know what he’s talking about, the only fix is a new front axle, mine is on order and should be here today or tomorrow. Please go back and make sure they order you one and instal it asap.

EhhSea

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 1500 Sport
This is now a known issue that afflicts some of these trucks, mine has that problem too and so have others on the forum.

You dealer doesn’t know what he’s talking about, the only fix is a new front axle, mine is on order and should be here today or tomorrow. Please go back and make sure they order you one and instal it asap.

The whole axle or just the effected stub/half shaft?

EhhSea

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 1500 Sport
From what I have been told only way to properly fix it is with a new axle.

I'll double check when I take mine is.

I wouldn't be surprised that the dealer would try to stick it to Stellantis even more by replacing everything, but unless some collateral damaged happened, you should be okay with just replacing the halfshaft.

That way too its less lead time for parts and more time on the road!

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
From what I have been told only way to properly fix it is with a new axle.

I'll double check when I take mine is.
Yes I believe @RR305 had the same issue and they replaced the affected axel. Took a few weeks though to get it replaced. Cheers

scottn

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX Billet Silver
Current Ride #2
Convertible

I've been watching these threads with the hope of someone explaining why this issue is recurring. Are they being installed incorrectly? If not, what assurance is there that it just won't happen again with the new axle? Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

soulsea

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been watching these threads with the hope of someone explaining why this issue is recurring. Are they being installed incorrectly? If not, what assurance is there that it just won't happen again with the new axle? Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

This is a crucial question that I plan to ask when I take it in. Perhaps @KnightMare who's been following these issues can chime in.

Is this a design flaw that's just waiting to fail again with a new part, is it a supplier issue that a batch of them were manufactured incorrectly, or is this a quality control issue that some of them were incorrectly installed?

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
I would say manufacturing issue, I mean how can you install it wrong unless someone is putting the axle from another Ram in the TRX? Either that or a bad batch

trxhuhu

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Josh
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Found cv grease or diff fluid all over my front right yesterday. Went to dealer they said no parts are available for the TRX yet, I took home cleaned everything up and don’t see any tears in the CV boots, going to check front diff today.
Mines the same way, new axel on order found my tear its small we tried sealing it up but didnt work as i figued but slowed the leak of grease flying all over my wheel well and caliper!

Attachments

• F922972B-95C9-4786-978F-0E5B220AB181.jpeg
    F922972B-95C9-4786-978F-0E5B220AB181.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 42

Dodge9822

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 ram 2500, 2018 charger Hellcat, 2021 TRX
Military
Navy
Mine showed up today with a cut in the cv boot, they are ordering a new half shaft.

Mpavalanche1

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know, not all these trucks are having issues. I took mine to dealership this morning. My mechanic and I looked over all the issues that forum members are having. No issues found. I want to thank everyone for the input on the issues. Sorry so many have had issues. I guess I got a good one, so far. Good luck to everyone else.

dan

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
hummer2
speaking of the differential, does anyone know where we can get differential guards (front&rear). once we start flying, these parts become very vulnerable

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com