Administrator
🛠️ Staff member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
'23 TRX
Anyone planning on custom plates?

702trx-texas.png

I just bought custom all black plate with random number/letters not personalized.

Attachments

• plate.png
    plate.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 134
So riddle me this.. how does one get custom plates before getting the car. in GA I thought the car had to be registered already no? Or are you putting it on an older car you have and transferring it?

So riddle me this.. how does one get custom plates before getting the car. in GA I thought the car had to be registered already no? Or are you putting it on an older car you have and transferring it?
yes, I have a rebel and plates are due in November, so I just ordered the new plate for the Rebel and I will transfer once I get the TRX

So in Texas they allow you to pick your plates and order them and they take 4-6 weeks to produce and then they ship them to a DMV in your county. Once there they will hold them (since I already paid for them) until my Launch Edition comes in, or I can go get them and put on current vehicle only to go back to get them switched to TRX. I am going to wait for TRX to come in so I only have to go once.

Ahh ok makes sense. I'll double check, but in GA I still think you have to have them on an existing car. Which I can do, not a huge deal I guess.

In Texas you buy the plates you want (personalized) the dealership registers the vehicle as normal. Then you go to tax office and switch your new plate to your new vehicle...

EDIT: Just saw BigB answered.

I'll transfer this one.
100_7232m.jpg

Ordered!

Attachments

• D8DF3A0C-1A80-497A-B7CF-EDDC4B4D700A.jpeg
    D8DF3A0C-1A80-497A-B7CF-EDDC4B4D700A.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 138
Have “HELLKAT” on my Charger. I’ll try to find something better for TRX

Back