Custom Headlights

I remember watching a video, where they specifically stated ram trx headlights are "smaller or shorter" than the regular ram 1500. I'm gonna dig through my youtube..

They share the size as the Limited headlights. They are smaller than the Laramie / Halogen ones though.

Some shots of the Oracle Lighting ColorSHIFT Demon Eyes, they look soooo much better in person! :cool:

IMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2989.jpg
IMG_2988.jpg
IMG_2986.jpg
IMG_2985.jpg

Awesome progress! I was going to do the same and get an extra set of headlights for doing a RGB install. I seen on the FB group a couple companies talking about making a kit once their TRX shows up in January.
missed that...who is doing the TRX kits?

missed that...who is doing the TRX kits?
It was on a FB post awhile ago a shop was going to make a kit once their TRX comes in

To make things more interesting....

Diode Dynamics is working on the boards for the 19+ 1500 Limited lights as well. Got 'em to pull it off the backburner here.

I've been in custom lighting (focusing on Ram lights) for 11 years now. We've used a LOT of vendors over that time - Lighting Trendz is great, Anthony is a good dude - but I love the Diode product. It helps that Diode is 10 minutes from my shop, and their LED boards are made right here in the USA (not imported from China / Taiwan). I couldn't even speak to how many board swaps we've done with their product over the years.

Can't wait for the Diode ones to come out, we'll definitely install them in our TRX as well.

To make things more interesting....

Diode Dynamics is working on the boards for the 19+ 1500 Limited lights as well. Got 'em to pull it off the backburner here.

I've been in custom lighting (focusing on Ram lights) for 11 years now. We've used a LOT of vendors over that time - Lighting Trendz is great, Anthony is a good dude - but I love the Diode product. It helps that Diode is 10 minutes from my shop, and their LED boards are made right here in the USA (not imported from China / Taiwan). I couldn't even speak to how many board swaps we've done with their product over the years.

Can't wait for the Diode ones to come out, we'll definitely install them in our TRX as well.
What y'all got in the works for the TRX?

What y'all got in the works for the TRX?
Diode Dynamics is working on the RGBWA boards for them.

Unlike the 2 others mentioned in the post, we don't "make" the LED components in house - I focus on the assembly, sales, etc.

RGBWA would mean all colors (RGB), W (White) and A (amber) - and the amber could be set as the running light color (this is the goal), and RGB can be used while parked (technically). I run mine....well, all the time - green DRL / red demon eyes are kind of my "tag", if you will.

My plan with my upcoming TRX - hydro blue accents on the shrouds, lens etching (my logo in one, TRX in another), amber reflector swap to clear (Klearz manufactured), the Diode Dynamics RGBWA boards - and.....we'll see what other fun I can get into while inside the lights.

This is my current 2020 Ram 2500 that we stuffed a LOT of Diode Dynamics goodies in:

Attachments

• 2020-05-22 06.11.23.jpg
    2020-05-22 06.11.23.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 2020-03-25 15.11.24.jpg
    2020-03-25 15.11.24.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 2020-03-27 17.06.03-3.jpg
    2020-03-27 17.06.03-3.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 180
Decided to build a custom set of lights while waiting for the TRX to arrive. Started with a gently used set of Ram Bi-LED projector headlights from eBay.
View attachment 1914
View attachment 1915

So far just going in and deleting any non-functional chrome to better match the TRX exterior color theme. While I am at it color-keying some accent pieces to match the Anvil paint for a more customized appearance.

View attachment 1916
View attachment 1917

Have plenty of time between now and February so going to play with a few more ideas with this setup before reassembling.

Next installing the RGBW+A ColorSHIFT DRL Kit from ORACLE Lighting. https://www.oraclelights.com/products/2019-2021-ram-1500-projector

View attachment 3077View attachment 3078View attachment 3079
So awesome that you are able to remove the cover see the LED assembly array. Are you able to see the name of the manufacturer supplying RAM with these LED lighting units?

Can I assume it's illegal to have any of the red lights on while driving? That would be so cool.

I think it would look pretty cool to black out the reflectors behind the light array ... but don’t know if that is feasible.

I thinking I should follow what KnightMare is doing and grab a spare set of lights off eBay while I wait for the TRX to be built.

I love all of these light mods posted here. Looks like some really nice work and I think it’s really going to make the truck pop.

Can I assume it's illegal to have any of the red lights on while driving? That would be so cool.
Yep but nothing says you can’t change the color while parked.

In more of my research.......the TRX lights may differ a smidge from the "Standard" 1500 lights, unless they updated a few things in 2021 on the Limiteds as well (though part numbers don't seem to dictate that).

A pic I found of a TRX turn signals show to be the upper and lower parts, but a Limited only had the upper as the turn signal.

I opened a set of the 19 Limiteds years ago when these trucks first came out - they only had the turn at the top. @AACstyle - their pics show the boards they are making, and has the turn signal on the upper light tube, but none on the lowers.

Got a video of the TRX turn signals, which confirmed my thoughts on the turns:

Makes me wonder if any of the mounting points will be different (probably not) - but sure opens up a LOT of questions about the internals of the TRX lights vs "standard" 1500 Limited lights.

In more of my research.......the TRX lights may differ a smidge from the "Standard" 1500 lights, unless they updated a few things in 2021 on the Limiteds as well (though part numbers don't seem to dictate that).

A pic I found of a TRX turn signals show to be the upper and lower parts, but a Limited only had the upper as the turn signal.

I opened a set of the 19 Limiteds years ago when these trucks first came out - they only had the turn at the top. @AACstyle - their pics show the boards they are making, and has the turn signal on the upper light tube, but none on the lowers.

Got a video of the TRX turn signals, which confirmed my thoughts on the turns:
View attachment 4689

Makes me wonder if any of the mounting points will be different (probably not) - but sure opens up a LOT of questions about the internals of the TRX lights vs "standard" 1500 Limited lights.
Sorry about all the salt spray, nasty up here right now lol

Back