TRX Fan
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford F150
Current Ride #2
Audi SQ5, Audi S5
I heard a rattle and found that the upper bolt that attached the left rear shock was cross threaded which kept the nut from tightening.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 162
That is no good... after looking at, it should be an easy swap of the nut and bolt. Still scary and unacceptable .

Man, they really have the b or maybe f crew putting these things together. They probably gave it three ugga duggas and called it good. What a joke.

That is no good... after looking at, it should be an easy swap of the nut and bolt. Still scary and unacceptable .
I was going to just tighten it up until I saw that it was cross threaded and I was afraid if I got the nut off i might not get it back on.

At least it wasn’t holding anything important in place

Over under on how long it takes for a truck to seriously wreck due to something like this?

60 days? Probably less

Going to have recheck underneath truck, going to check motor mount bolts and bed bolts next..
only thing that could happen bed flies off and engine falls out while driving

Going to have recheck underneath truck, going to check motor mount bolts and bed bolts next..
only thing that could happen bed flies off and engine falls out while driving
Please let this happen on video for whichever person is in charge of the TRX

Over under on how long it takes for a truck to seriously wreck due to something like this?

60 days? Probably less
If they had done a better job with the release and more trucks were out in the wild, I would probably take the under.

If they had done a better job with the release and more trucks were out in the wild, I would probably take the under.
I know. I was trying to figure in my head how many trucks would be out over what period.

i think 90 is too long.

Sorry but whoever did that knows they did that , I mean cmon
Exactly. No excuse for that. I'm getting more discouraged every day. I shouldn't have to put a $90k vehicle on a lift, right off the truck, and inspect every nut and bolt on it. Looks like that might be in order. My real concern is what about all the shit you can't see?

Last edited:
WTF! That is scary, I'm leaning more and more to switching mine for a 2022, Uconnect 5, maybe more power and hopefully BETTER quality control smh.

I heard a rattle and found that the upper bolt that attached the left rear shock was cross threaded which kept the nut from tightening.
@RamCares do you care to explain why quality control is lacking so badly?

HELLO HELLO @RamCares...........
I need to jump on the 5th Gen Ram 1500 forums and see how many of their newly built trucks are having QC issues like this, it can't just be the TRX line.

HELLO HELLO @RamCares...........
They never engage publicly with anything meaningful. You have to dm them I guess. I haven’t because I don’t believe they can fix my issues.

Sorry to see that but glad you caught it before taking the TRX out on a trail or faster desert run.

If the weather wasn't freezing ****ing cold and more people were out driving these off road I would take the under as well.

WTF! That is scary, I'm leaning more and more to switching mine for a 2022, Uconnect 5, maybe more power and hopefully BETTER quality control smh.

And finally, this. WTF?

This was going to be a fun weekend and offroad trip truck for runs out to Utah and down to Baja, but with only a handful of trucks out, the stupid issues on really basic stuff, and the crap dealership experience, I am thinking about going in a different direction. An F250 with some nice Kings sounds okay right now. Hell, if I have to put in another order versus finding one of these dealer builds, I might be able to land a new Raptor before I could even get the TRX I had planned to be in by now.

They never engage publicly with anything meaningful. You have to dm them I guess. I haven’t because I don’t believe they can fix my issues.
What I received (my interpretation thus far) - oh sorry, saw you have your truck back, all is good - even though we have no clue what the issue is because we don't read the actual thread - nor do we understand any of this, and we aren't actually part of FCA, we are just a call center in some foreign land, so go fuck yourself - we mean call us if nobody calls you, even though you gave us your cell number numerous times.

Back