Console Safe install

Attydude

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Super clean and easy console safe install. I apologize for the poor pictures as the lighting is bad. I can post some more tomorrow in daylight if anyone is interested.
20211013_192423.jpg
20211013_192304.jpg

Last edited:
The exact brand was heavily spammed in Raptor groups. Not by users but rather by affiliates . I'm not saying this is good or bad just do your research before committing to buy

If Raptor guys hate it, that’s good enough for me. Now I have to have one
They did not. Just nobody ever got it or had it installed. I've seen other secure boxes but they are more expensive . If you buy it make sure to post your experience

Dimensions:
Interior: 9.75”L x 10.5”W x 2.25”H
Lid Opening: 6.75”L x 9.25”W
Geez, if only 2.25” high, a relatively small Glock 30s in a Vedder CF holster would ..barely...fit, assuming there’s a true 2.25 of space.

I have an E&G safe in my Raptor and couldn’t imagine a more perfect, deep safe while still allowing considerable console space. I’ve reached out to them to see if they have an offering for the TRX

Last edited:
Dimensions:
Interior: 9.75”L x 10.5”W x 2.25”H
Lid Opening: 6.75”L x 9.25”W
It has staggered depth because of the way the console is configured. It is big enough for me to fit 2 45s in at once or my desert eagle. I will post some pics in a few more minutes.

The exact brand was heavily spammed in Raptor groups. Not by users but rather by affiliates . I'm not saying this is good or bad just do your research before committing to buy
Console Vault is the OG of lockable console storage and they are very nice. I had one in my Duramax Denali and loved it. However, no way am I going to waste money on a 2" tall vault. I will wait until they come out with a full console option.

Geez, if only 2.25” high, a relatively small Glock 30s in a Vedder CF holster would ..barely...fit, assuming there’s a true 2.25 of space.

I have an E&G safe in my Raptor and couldn’t imagine a more perfect, deep safe while still allowing considerable console space. I’ve reached out to them to see if they have an offering for the TRX

All right here are a couple of additional photos, still not the best. I’m happy with the safe and it fits my needs and I don’t have any interest in the company so nothing to benefit from the endorsement. Hell the guy over there that answers the phone is even named Chad. Very easy and professional looking install, but not cheap.
9AB7F2CA-E212-4FCB-96AB-CD16F64382D0.jpeg
B46B3590-9923-4618-8340-F3C7A02A5F80.jpeg

Thanks for the pics, would the DW fit in the lower section with the butt up and allow the lid to close?

And there’s no floor to the safe?

Thanks!

Thanks for the pics, would the DW fit in the lower section with the butt up and allow the lid to close?

And there’s no floor to the safe?

Thanks!
No, there is no floor other than the console floor itself.. As for the butt up question, no I don't think so.

It has staggered depth because of the way the console is configured. It is big enough for me to fit 2 45s in at once or my desert eagle. I will post some pics in a few more minutes.
Thanks for the write-up.

I called Console vault in April to see if their console safe would fit the TRX and they said Yes. Full depth, part #1093-3D (back then).

Ordered it, but it did not fit my TRX. They took it back and issued refund.

Been in contact with Lock R Down since May with promises that their Full Depth safe would be out soon, but no luck yet....

Just ordered your exact model from Console Vault. Really want full depth unit, but will use this one for now.

All right here are a couple of additional photos, still not the best. I’m happy with the safe and it fits my needs and I don’t have any interest in the company so nothing to benefit from the endorsement. Hell the guy over there that answers the phone is even named Chad. Very easy and professional looking install, but not cheap.View attachment 24690View attachment 24691
I'm jealous, in California we can only hide our weed in there.

Console Vault makes good shit. I emailed them when I got my truck and they replied saying they did not have an application for the TRX. Would have been very smart of them to reach out after and notify they now had one. Like others above have said, I will get one for now until a taller unit becomes available.

any drilling? Can you share the install instructions? Would like to see whats involved

Appears someone could just jam a crow bar down on the side and pop that out instantly based on the pics in the link above...... ??

Has anyone contacted E&G? I have one in my Raptor and could not imagine a better, more secure safe...

Last edited:
Back