Compustar settings

Need more information too. Who installed what? All of that is incorrect. With IGLA settings set correctly there is no worry about anything. They can clone your fob and it has fuck all to do with IGLA. It will not shift out of park without the pin or IGLA fob. There is also another setting I can walk you through after this novel I am writing, everyone with a trx should do it just to be sure its on unless you are setup with start inhibit off where it will start and then require pin. It can still be turned on and has other benefits.
The entire collection of items was installed together. I understand everything you are saying about the IGLA. I am re-iterating what I was told when I asked to have the Compustar remote start shut down upon door opening setting turned off. I thought that CMX Feature Option 2-16 controlled the remote start door open shutdown setting. Again, I am just trying to have the truck remain idling after a remote start until I can get in and takeover; I would like to avoid the 'double start' every time I use the Compustar remote start.

As far as the lights flashing on remote start, are you wanting them to or not wanting them to? Do they work normally with compustar like when you set the alarm off? Either way there is no relay used, just a 510ohm resistor and some wiring.
I would prefer that the parking lights not flash (they flash just like the alarm is triggered). Perhaps the installer meant resistor, either way, it is okay. I Don't need re-wiring to suppress parking lights flashing; I thought
it was a setting in the CMX (Feature Option 3-01) that could be easily toggled via programming.

Passive locking with rfid is a great option and has zero effect on anything at all. After toggled on in the cmx you can then turn on and off on the t13 or in the drone app.
I would like to have the toggle enabled. It is currently disabled and I cannot use the Drone app toggle setting.

Now, the setting, go out and put to run,
Put your pin in and let it flash
Hold your throttle all the way down
Press your service button (center cruise on/off) 20 times and only 20
Let it flash hazards 20 times
Let off throttle and turn ignition off
What setting does this procedure modify?

Thank you again for your help. You are a wealth of information.

Need more information too. Who installed what? All of that is incorrect. With IGLA settings set correctly there is no worry about anything. They can clone your fob and it has fuck all to do with IGLA. It will not shift out of park without the pin or IGLA fob. There is also another setting I can walk you through after this novel I am writing, everyone with a trx should do it just to be sure its on unless you are setup with start inhibit off where it will start and then require pin. It can still be turned on and has other benefits.
As far as the lights flashing on remote start, are you wanting them to or not wanting them to? Do they work normally with compustar like when you set the alarm off? Either way there is no relay used, just a 510ohm resistor and some wiring.
Passive locking with rfid is a great option and has zero effect on anything at all. After toggled on in the cmx you can then turn on and off on the t13 or in the drone app.

Now, the setting, go out and put to run,
Put your pin in and let it flash
Hold your throttle all the way down
Press your service button (center cruise on/off) 20 times and only 20
Let it flash hazards 20 times
Let off throttle and turn ignition off
Morning, what does the service button 20 times setting enable? I have some changes being installed on my IGLA and Drone X1M going in today and would like to double check I have them all straightened out.

Neither was I, which is incredibly disappointing; thank god for the forum so that I can deduce the available options--and how to operate them...if I can get them set up properly.
My first system (Compustar only, pre igla) I trust the installer who did the system and that he did it correctly HOWEVER there have been multiple people who have laid hands on the truck since then. The main control “brain” is now so out in the open you would have to be blind not to find it.
The second system was supposed to be just like the first one, i requested that through my sales person and was sitting in front of him when he told the installer. I wanted the same system for my ease of familiarity having already “learned” how the first one worked. Not even the same or close to it. It was also never even activated or enabled or whatever the right word is. It is just a royal CF but i can say that to the best of my ability to tell they both work. To what degree? Who tf knows.

The entire collection of items was installed together. I understand everything you are saying about the IGLA. I am re-iterating what I was told when I asked to have the Compustar remote start shut down upon door opening setting turned off. I thought that CMX Feature Option 2-16 controlled the remote start door open shutdown setting. Again, I am just trying to have the truck remain idling after a remote start until I can get in and takeover; I would like to avoid the 'double start' every time I use the Compustar remote start.

I would prefer that the parking lights not flash (they flash just like the alarm is triggered). Perhaps the installer meant resistor, either way, it is okay. I Don't need re-wiring to suppress parking lights flashing; I thought
it was a setting in the CMX (Feature Option 3-01) that could be easily toggled via programming.

I would like to have the toggle enabled. It is currently disabled and I cannot use the Drone app toggle setting.

What setting does this procedure modify?

Thank you again for your help. You are a wealth of information.
Let me see if I can answer it all, option table 2-16 if for all doors even drivers to shutdown. Same as factory remote start shutdown on almost all Japanese vehicles. Open the door it shuts off. To turn passive arming with rfid it would be 1-8-4, option table 3-1-3 will turn parking lights off while remote started or 3-1-1 will stay on and not flash. If the lights work then the correct resistor is installed so no worries. On IGLA turning extra options on will force shutdown if no pin is entered and you try to put into gear but only if start inhibit is on. If off it forces the autopark feature

Let me see if I can answer it all, option table 2-16 if for all doors even drivers to shutdown. Same as factory remote start shutdown on almost all Japanese vehicles. Open the door it shuts off. To turn passive arming with rfid it would be 1-8-4, option table 3-1-3 will turn parking lights off while remote started or 3-1-1 will stay on and not flash. If the lights work then the correct resistor is installed so no worries. On IGLA turning extra options on will force shutdown if no pin is entered and you try to put into gear but only if start inhibit is on. If off it forces the autopark feature
Thanks. Option 1-8-4 successful. I cannot seem to disable door opening shutdown (2-16-1), although OP500 says successful/good.

Thanks. Option 1-8-4 successful. I cannot seem to disable door opening shutdown (2-16-1), although OP500 says successful/good.
That isn’t what that option is for. That is for actual takeover. Like a Toyota, even factory you open any door and remote start shuts off. Option 2-16 is so you can make a vehicle act the same way and will shut off even when the drivers door is opened. Changing it will do nothing. Software ch13 used on a trx is setup to do that, can’t stop it unless you open drivers door first from what I am finding out

That isn’t what that option is for. That is for actual takeover. Like a Toyota, even factory you open any door and remote start shuts off. Option 2-16 is so you can make a vehicle act the same way and will shut off even when the drivers door is opened. Changing it will do nothing. Software ch13 used on a trx is setup to do that, can’t stop it unless you open drivers door first from what I am finding out
I see that the Secure Takeover by Compustar should be set up to allow the driver's side door to be unlocked, opened, closed and foot on brake within stipulated timeframe to complete secure takeover. I see in other threads that the Compustar can be programmed to do that on TRX up through '23 (at least). If I could even get to that point I'd be happy. You say that option 13 will allow me to get to that point?

I see that the Secure Takeover by Compustar should be set up to allow the driver's side door to be unlocked, opened, closed and foot on brake within stipulated timeframe to complete secure takeover. I see in other threads that the Compustar can be programmed to do that on TRX up through '23 (at least). If I could even get to that point I'd be happy. You say that option 13 will allow me to get to that point?
Ch13 is the trx firmware not the option. Its setup to work that way. Open drivers door, get in, close door, foot on brake for a couple seconds. All that has to be done before the takeover timer runs out, default is 45 seconds from unlock command. With IGLA its the same way and then enter pin to shift unless the additional blocking of standard immobilizer is on then you would unlock, get in, close door, enter pin, let it flash 2 times and then hold brake for about 2 seconds. If you open any other door before the drivers it will shutdown unfortunately and there isn’t a setting for it, its part of the ch13 firmware used on the ram/trx. I can talk to one of the compustar techs and see if it can be changed but those changes take a year or more to implement.

Ch13 is the trx firmware not the option. Its setup to work that way. Open drivers door, get in, close door, foot on brake for a couple seconds. All that has to be done before the takeover timer runs out, default is 45 seconds from unlock command. With IGLA its the same way and then enter pin to shift unless the additional blocking of standard immobilizer is on then you would unlock, get in, close door, enter pin, let it flash 2 times and then hold brake for about 2 seconds. If you open any other door before the drivers it will shutdown unfortunately and there isn’t a setting for it, its part of the ch13 firmware used on the ram/trx. I can talk to one of the compustar techs and see if it can be changed but those changes take a year or more to implement.
Wait...then perhaps my install wasn't flashed to the Ch13 firmware?

Truck locked via Compustar. Remote start via T13 or Drone app. Approach car and Proximity Unlock unlocks doors. Open ANY door (driver included) and truck shuts down.

Truck locked via Compustar. Remote start via T13 or Drone app. Approach car and Proximity Unlock unlocks doors. Open ANY door (driver included) and truck shuts down.
I think the option you want isn’t changeable with op500. I am doing one on a hellcat charger in the morning, I will double check

Here is the setting that needs changed and has to be done by direct connection to it with weblink program and idata cable.

Attachments

• IMG_7691.jpeg
    IMG_7691.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 24
If you can find the brain you can change this setting yourself.

Menu 1 option 5

My dealer set mine up the same way to where if you remote start and open driver door the engine was turned off. Takeover was disabled. I went into the blade and changed it myself and now takeover works. Granted you have to pump the brake within a minute or two for the engine to keep running.

If you can find the brain you can change this setting yourself.

Menu 1 option 5

My dealer set mine up the same way to where if you remote start and open driver door the engine was turned off. Takeover was disabled. I went into the blade and changed it myself and now takeover works. Granted you have to pump the brake within a minute or two for the engine to keep running.
Need the cable and the weblink program to do that

You can do it without them on the CMX. I just followed the YouTube video that’s linked.
The option he is wanting to change is not a blade setting, I posted it above, you need the cable and weblink access to change what he wants
Thanks
Josh

@SRTIFIED, Thanks. I have the video. I have the weblink software, website access and datalink cables. I was really hopeful that I could change the setting via the antenna wire so that I didn't have to remove the truck instrument cluster to get access to the brains of the unit.

I figured it would be easier, quicker, and generally better to just have the original installer make the changes because he knows where the unit is and is willing to make the changes I would like..

Email.png

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com
Back