Complete installation instructions for adaptive cruise control ACC for our TRX

Updated video is back up now.
Do you have a video of you programming the truck to accept the new button? Did you have to call the dealer to add the code to your vin? What’s the correct code?

Do you have a video of you programming the truck to accept the new button? Did you have to call the dealer to add the code to your vin? What’s the correct code?
I don't have a programming video unfortunately and the dealer no longer has the ability to do it, so the only way is to use Alfa OBD to program.

I 2nd RobsTRX answer, his write up is pretty awesome and should get you through it just fine.

Anyone know why we have to use a bypass cable as opposed to the OBD port?

Ram blocks the actual obd port for mods, so you have to do a back door through the by pass cable to mod it

Hi guys! I have a "minor" problem with activating ACC in my TRX.
I do everything according to the instructions, but as you can see in the photos below, from the Alpha OBD in the phone, turning off Cruise Control and activating ACC does not work for me (resetting the ECU works without any problems). I can't read error codes from the car, it shows the same error as with ACC. I also can't connect to the Bodycomputer DT MY2021, whatever I do, it still only connects me to the MY 2021 (may there be a problem there?). I use a Tazer DT, I've already done Unmarry, restarted the car twice, still the same problem. I don't think there will be a problem with the Bluetooth module when other things work through it. Has anyone had a similar problem?
I have a Bypass Cable, of course.

Attachments

• 1651343710074.jpg
    1651343710074.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1651343710098.jpg
    1651343710098.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 45
  • 1651343710123.jpg
    1651343710123.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 46
  • 1651343255534.jpg
    1651343255534.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 47
Did you remember to turn the truck on and of to reset the computer before moving the vehicle? My dash lit up and I had to do a reset as shown in the instructions

Did you remember to turn the truck on and of to reset the computer before moving the vehicle? My dash lit up and I had to do a reset as shown in the instructions
Hi,

So it finally works ... the problem was where I didn't expect it. In OBD II module. It is ridiculous that the new module for 80 Euro will not do what my 7 year old OBD II module from the Chinese website can do. This only confirms the old truth, that not everything new and expensive is automatically even better ... :rolleyes:

Can you do this if you are already running a Tazer?
Yes if you have the taser you don’t need a separate security gateway bypass it acts as one.

Yes if you have the taser you don’t need a separate security gateway bypass it acts as one.
Alright so if I already have a Tazer, I don't need to order that Kaodtech security module bypass? I can just have the Tazer plugged in and then plug the OBDII Link directly into the truck, make my changes with Alpha OBD, and then be on my way?

I'm not seeing anything that says the security module bypass requires anything other than to be plugged in... All the changes look like they take place on the Alpha OBD II software and the OBDII Link. Just wanted to confirm that all I have to do is plug in the tazer to get this working. No extra steps since I don't have the Kaodtech security bypass.

I have the switch installed, haven’t programmed yet. I disconnected the battery. When I hooked it back up I lost XM in the media source menu.

When I first turned the truck on it wanted an anti theft code. That flashed and went away and truck started and drove as normal. I’m not sure if any of this is related. Anyone have an idea?

I have the switch installed, haven’t programmed yet. I disconnected the battery. When I hooked it back up I lost XM in the media source menu.

When I first turned the truck on it wanted an anti theft code. That flashed and went away and truck started and drove as normal. I’m not sure if any of this is related. Anyone have an idea?
It works. Seems it just needed time to re-download

Has anyone done this on a 22 and can confirm it works with uconnect 5

What’s the part number on the switch? I looked through this thread but I didn’t see it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-195333.png
    Screenshot_20220525-195333.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 48
Alright so if I already have a Tazer, I don't need to order that Kaodtech security module bypass? I can just have the Tazer plugged in and then plug the OBDII Link directly into the truck, make my changes with Alpha OBD, and then be on my way?

I'm not seeing anything that says the security module bypass requires anything other than to be plugged in... All the changes look like they take place on the Alpha OBD II software and the OBDII Link. Just wanted to confirm that all I have to do is plug in the tazer to get this working. No extra steps since I don't have the Kaodtech security bypass.
Yes that is correct. I did it on my 22 with just the tazer and OBDII link.

Yes that is correct. I did it on my 22 with just the tazer and OBDII link.
I have the tazer already installed. So what exactly do I need to complete this? Very interested!😎

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back