Complete installation instructions for adaptive cruise control ACC for our TRX

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Tacoma 2017 TRD Sport
I don't have a programming video unfortunately and the dealer no longer has the ability to do it, so the only way is to use Alfa OBD to program.

I have to ask, @PotterTRX , as I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but with doing the reprogramming, adding the switch, and not being able to have the dealer add the code to your VIN, what does this do from a warranty perspective? Are crappy dealers going to void any warranty work on electrical, ECU or other related component issues?

This thread is awesome btw!!

OP
OP
RobsTRX

RobsTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
The peoples republic of New york... Long Island
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2016 supercharged Silverado
I have to ask, @PotterTRX , as I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but with doing the reprogramming, adding the switch, and not being able to have the dealer add the code to your VIN, what does this do from a warranty perspective? Are crappy dealers going to void any warranty work on electrical, ECU or other related component issues?

This thread is awesome btw!!
Because it's factory parts I couldn't imagine the dealers/mechanics picking up on the fact that it was done. It's not obvious like some aftermarket stuff. They can be looking right at it and not realize it's done by you

Tacoma2TRX

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Toyota Tacoma 2017 TRD Sport
Because it's factory parts I couldn't imagine the dealers/mechanics picking up on the fact that it was done. It's not obvious like some aftermarket stuff. They can be looking right at it and not realize it's done by you
Would they be able to tell the ECU was customized or settings in it were changed? Or would they notice that the VIN doesn't have that option?

PotterTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
Garage full
Would they be able to tell the ECU was customized or settings in it were changed? Or would they notice that the VIN doesn't have that option?
This a good question, I will be going another truck here shortly with alfaOBD for the programming and I will poke around with the factory scan tool after to see if I can see anything weird.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM Morton Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM EBC Brakes StopwatchUSA.com DanCumminsCDJR.com TRX Mods.Store OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com