Complete installation instructions for adaptive cruise control ACC for our TRX

I was picking up my truck Saturday and driving back in the snowstorm so I had no time to connect with you. Sorry it didn't work out. You might try over on 5th gen Ram forums someone must be local who would help you out only take maybe a half hour or a little longer if it is your first time taking the steering wheel off.
No worries. Hope you made it home safely. Think I may have found someone local - meeting with him tomorrow. Appreciate the offer and suggestions.

Thanks again for sharing this. I finally got a buddy to help and we got this knocked out today. I’m not sure if I had a different software version but I’ll just note these steps were required for me:

After “Put your vehicle information in and you will need to connect to the OBD link.” See attached image for additional selections required:

1) Function: Body Computer

2) ECUs: Body Computer: DT MY2022 PowerNet (make sure it’s the “DT”)

In case any one else has an error when you “Click on connect,” note that clicking connect didn’t work for me, I had to hit F5 and it worked just fine.

Attachments

• B6F3F3FF-D8A9-4C7A-857B-FD155C25B334.png
    B6F3F3FF-D8A9-4C7A-857B-FD155C25B334.png
    628.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 961F596D-49A3-4129-A847-756DB5B74CBC.jpeg
    961F596D-49A3-4129-A847-756DB5B74CBC.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DE74310E-9BE2-4804-B6DE-88D312BB670A.jpeg
    DE74310E-9BE2-4804-B6DE-88D312BB670A.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 3C64BE40-4BE9-47D7-A1BD-EDBC772D310A.jpeg
    3C64BE40-4BE9-47D7-A1BD-EDBC772D310A.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 162
Thanks again for sharing this. I finally got a buddy to help and we got this knocked out today. I’m not sure if I had a different software version but I’ll just note these steps were required for me:

After “Put your vehicle information in and you will need to connect to the OBD link.” See attached image for additional selections required:

1) Function: Body Computer

2) ECUs: Body Computer: DT MY2022 PowerNet (make sure it’s the “DT”)

In case any one else has an error when you “Click on connect,” note that clicking connect didn’t work for me, I had to hit F5 and it worked just fine.
Did you take a backup? I can’t seem to find any info on how backups/restores work in AlfaOBD.

Did you take a backup? I can’t seem to find any info on how backups/restores work in AlfaOBD.
From the OP:

“Next you want to go to the tab status/faults. You want to be sure the tab save log is checked. There's nothing worse than making an error and not remembering what you changed. just below that theres 2 tabs that bring up the changes you have made (photo 3)”

From the OP:

“Next you want to go to the tab status/faults. You want to be sure the tab save log is checked. There's nothing worse than making an error and not remembering what you changed. just below that theres 2 tabs that bring up the changes you have made (photo 3)”
Thanks. I couldn't get the airbag to release, so I guess I can let the AlfaOBD part go for now lol

Has anyone added the remaining features of the Advanced Safety Group? Lane Assist, Pedestrian Emergency Braking, Tailgate Ajar warning? At a bare minimum, I'd like to add the ACC and Lane Assist by adding the Bezel/parts and program with the AlphaOBD? Thanks for the assistance!

Has anyone added the remaining features of the Advanced Safety Group? Lane Assist, Pedestrian Emergency Braking, Tailgate Ajar warning? At a bare minimum, I'd like to add the ACC and Lane Assist by adding the Bezel/parts and program with the AlphaOBD? Thanks for the assistance!
To get lane assist you have to add a whole new screen. That bezel is part of the screen, so it’s an $800 add. Programming is same as ACC, very simple.

To get lane assist you have to add a whole new screen. That bezel is part of the screen, so it’s an $800 add. Programming is same as ACC, very simple.
Agreed. I have the Bezel and ACC switch for the steering wheel. Any suggestions on the programming? That’s where I’m hitting the road block with the dealer.

Oh, my fault I didn’t realize you had the bezel already. The programming is well documented on here and over at 5thgen forums. I haven’t done it myself though…sorry

But it is said to be very easy without needing the dealer.

I have emailed several times Kaodtech? With no response. Does anyone know if they are still around? I would like to buy their security module bypass. So I can program my ACC. I have the switch on the steering wheel installed

I still need to pick up the parts for this, any one in SoCal do this yet?

I have emailed several times Kaodtech? With no response. Does anyone know if they are still around? I would like to buy their security module bypass. So I can program my ACC. I have the switch on the steering wheel installed
I posted the link to but it. It's on the obdx site

I have one I’ll sell from Kaod

I have to start by thanking the people who helped get me here. Taylor potter for making the switch install video and going far enough with it to show it will actually work and for me the member DUSM that helped by showing what prompts in the program were changed to make it happen. I actually have to thank my RAM dealer because if they didn't suck so fully I may not have had the drive to prove them wrong and start fiddling with my ECU. Something I know nothing about
Now that I know how to do it it's really simple. I will provide links and photos below
Installing the switch
Watch potters install of the switch. It's very straight forward. He did an outstanding job with the video. For me I found that I just needed to be patient fiddling around to get to the tabs to release the air bag the rest was easy. Listen to what he has to say. You need to come threw the holes in the steering wheel at a slight angle to get them. I'm really mechanically sharp and it frustrated me. I actually used a Philips screw driver. Take your time with this project. Worst case scenario any local garage could install the switch.
The programming. For a lot of us this is unchartered waters
You will need to buy a OBD link MX+ and a security bypass (links below). The security bypass has 4 plugs. One gets plugged to the OBD port one has what will be your new OBD port that you will plug the OBD mx to and 2 small plugs that get plugged into 2 different circuit boards under the dash. (No worries the adapter comes with good instructions, its a snap to install) I had a fellow member tell me a good hint. Remove the tabs that hold the 2 small plugs in. (Photo below). It's not a terrible spot to get the plugs into but getting them out would be tuff and there's no reason to keep it attached after your done. You'll see this immediately as you do it.
Then do not make the mistake of trying to use the software that comes with the OBD link. Like I did. You must download and buy alphaobd, link below. Its the key. Once the program is loaded follow the instructions on the alpha obd website to buy and activate the program. Easy peezy. Support is quick to respond if you have issues info@alphaobd.com.
After you have activated the program go to the first tab "start" Put your vehicle information in and you will need to connect to the OBD link. Click on connect. (shown in photo1) a box comes up with the link on it. select it (photo 2) once that is done the program starts the connection to your truck and when it's good on the upper right hand side of the screen the red status will go from idle to connected
Next you want to go to the tab status/faults. You want to be sure the tab save log is checked. There's nothing worse than making an error and not remembering what you changed. just below that theres 2 tabs that bring up the changes you have made (photo 3)
The programming, click on the tab "active diagnostics". Its the one that has he car hood up, click on the open box and you get a drop down. Go all the way to the bottom. There are 2 important items. the first is car configuration change and ECU reset. To make the necessary changes click on car configuration changes. If you screw up and can't figure out what you did wrong by going back to the log you can use the ECU reset to start fresh (like I did 2x) (photo 4 below)
When you click on car configuration you will get a search box, type in cruise control and the cruise control parameter will come up. Under that it will give you to option to turn it on or off. It will be currently on, you need click it to off (photo 5) then hit the start prompt just above it. It will tell you when it's done.
Next search ACC and the adaptive cruise control will come up, change the setting to ACC with stop and go. Like before press start and the changes will be made and the program tells you when it's complete (Photo 6) Don't put the truck in drive to test it. (I have been tole the cruise has to be off before turning on the ACC) I made that mistake and it sets off the collision avoidance system. Shut it off and allow the setting to take in the computer. The program says to wait 30 sec. I actually got out and allowed the truck to go dark. Then fire it up and your ready to go. Remember if you have an issue, at the bottom of the list just under control settings is a ECU reset if you screw up. No worries. I had to do it 2X :).
When it's all said and done my dealer said he would do it for $175 and decided not to and waste my time. He said it's not possible. I can tell you I'm a techno nothing and got it. In any case you can do it yourself for close to that, in less time then it takes to deal with them and have the satisfaction of giving the dealer noting but the middle finger.
I'd like to say I appreciate this forum and what it brings to me and others. I'm glad to contribute!!

Can you share a link to the install video. Im having trouble finding it.

Can you share a link to the install video. Im having trouble finding it.
That's because the video is gone. One of the most important things was to remove the horn fuse before starting, you can also disconnect the battery too, then the part # for the switch which is 6830 9592 AD-001
You basically have to know how to get the air bag out and the switch is attached to the brackets just next to it.
Here it is
The most important part is knowing it can be done

Can you do this if you are already running a Tazer?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com
Back