TMNT_TRX

TRX Fanatic
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hellcat Challenger
Military
Marine Corps
Not sure if this has been mentioned but do the 21 Ram mirror covers fit on the TRX mirrors? I ordered a Hydro blue and I want to make them color matched. I found a set of Mopar oem covers. They look pretty similar but curious if anyone has tried this yet.

Attachments

• F3CAEAA4-A0ED-42E7-B58A-AFA70DA93731.png
    F3CAEAA4-A0ED-42E7-B58A-AFA70DA93731.png
    513.3 KB · Views: 2,200
  • A61B027D-E913-4CDD-8BCF-885DCE9A498A.png
    A61B027D-E913-4CDD-8BCF-885DCE9A498A.png
    767.8 KB · Views: 209
There's a video on YouTube of guy with trxs swapping his out for black. After video I ordered some off ebay from mopar dealer. Set was 63 dollars shipped.

There's a video on YouTube of guy with trxs swapping his out for black. After video I ordered some off ebay from mopar dealer. Set was 63 dollars shipped.

Got the ebay link handy?

Thanks for sharing the video! Seems stupid easy, hopefully there won't be a bunch of TRX owners needing new mirrors soon! Ordered Flame Red ones from ebay just now!

Did this today. First one was super easy. Second one the mirror didn’t want to come off and they’re as flexy/fragile as people say…new mirror ordered!
LOL gggggrrrrreeeaaaat. I wonder if taping the mirror before removal would help?

LOL gggggrrrrreeeaaaat. I wonder if taping the mirror before removal would help?
Doubt it. I probably thought it was looser than it was already just based on the previous, easy mirror. If you can, make sure to release the top two tabs rather than just one tab at the top with a screwdriver.

Appreciate the tip! Hopefully my mirrors survive but if not they don't sound too costly to replace!

Appreciate the tip! Hopefully my mirrors survive but if not they don't sound too costly to replace!
So @Wimya has (I think) a Lvl 0 truck, which means his mirrors are cheaper (no blind spot indicator), but I'm told by the parts store that this is the PN for the right mirror on a Lvl 2 truck with Tech Package: 68402128AA (around $90). Color matched mirrors for $150 all in still isn't TOO bad...

If you spend much time off road you had better have those covers protected with film. There is a reason painted mirrors do not look good for very long.

If you spend much time off road you had better have those covers protected with film. There is a reason painted mirrors do not look good for very long.
As a counterpoint - they're $35 a piece and probably cheaper to replace if scratched than having them wrapped by a third party.

Thank you so much for posting the pics fella Flame Red owner! Gives me a goal to focus on and less worrying about mirror breakage! 🤣😂

Doubt it. I probably thought it was looser than it was already just based on the previous, easy mirror. If you can, make sure to release the top two tabs rather than just one tab at the top with a screwdriver.
Rumor confirmed... Tape did NOT help lol... New mirror on order (pass side). What is funny I did the pass side first and once it broke after being so careful I was like hell with it on the drivers side... Popped right off no issue, no tape, easy peasy. Looks much better especially on a red truck. Only 7 years bad luck vs the possible 14... Worth it.

Back