Color matched mirror covers?

Just ordered the mirrors and a 4.9” suction cup for 13$ from Amazon.

Which method did you use to remove the mirror glass?
We followed the instructions in the video that I think is posted here. No tape and no suction cup. Really all I did was clean up the fingerprints after my friend was done. It took him no more than 20 minutes and had he never done one before. But he is quite handy.

I ordered black ones form ebay... i got 2 different color blue covers lmao.
Dammit that's where I ordered mine from. It's up in the parcel locker…gotta get it today.

Dammit that's where I ordered mine from. It's up in the parcel locker…gotta get it today.
I ordered Hydro Blue from the ebay seller and received Hydro Blue in a sealed Mopar box. You should be good to go.

1632410378056.jpeg

Color unmatched. Who has done it?

View attachment 22328
Color unmatched. Who has done it?
Lol not brave enough to try to remove my glass again! Being red, other than black, Idk what would work and if I am going back to black... I could have saved my money on replacement glass!

I did my mirror covers today. Went well. Suction cups were key IMO. Getting the old caps off with the caps was the toughest thing but all went good. Really finished off the truck even in a dark color

just a piece of advice as someone I know did their caps and while admiring their handiwork saw all the screws on the ground. He wanted to pass along some advice. Don’t forget the screws before you put the mirrors back on. 😆

Last edited:
I did my mirror covers today. Went well. Suction cups were key IMO. Getting the old caps off with the caps was the toughest thing but all went well.

just a piece of advice as someone I know did their caps and while admiring their handiwork saw all the screws on the ground. He wanted to pass along some advice. Don’t forget the screws before you put the mirrors back on. 😆
Lol I think your friend knows a friend of mine who did the very same! Just couldn't help but enjoy how much better it looked!

I did my mirror covers today. Went well. Suction cups were key IMO. Getting the old caps off with the caps was the toughest thing but all went good. Really finished off the truck even in a dark color

Did you have to use a screwdriver to squeeze in behind the glass to release a few clips before pulling the glass or is it possible with just a suction cup? I will be doing mine tomorrow evening and have a 4" suction cup.

I didn’t. Just put the suction cup on and yank. I overthought it beforehand like everyone else in this thread but you just gotta go for it.

Suction cup only and pull really really hard. Harder than you think would be necessary. But you gotta pull that hard.

Two wires will disconnect but they’re short and meant to. Easy to get back on. For me get the covers off was the toughest part. The clips are thick and tight and took some force.

Dammit, now I'm wishing I hadn't ordered tow mirrors lol.

Sold out!
Search the part #‘s from the eBay add on BAM, I ordered the hydro blue from them for about $6 less total, including shipping. They were sold out but ordered them on back order, took about 3 weeks.

For anyone still on the fence I used the suction cup method and all the advice on the thread… If you like the look I say go for it less than 30 minutes start to finish and I took my time to avoid mirror break.

Attachments

• B6C1BD62-4A72-4E2F-B058-34F8FFDEEDD7.jpeg
    B6C1BD62-4A72-4E2F-B058-34F8FFDEEDD7.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 97
Back