TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Lexus IS 350awd
Current Ride #2
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR
I was aware about the shortage but just got this message from the dealer this morning. More delays, big surprise...😒
"Hey xxxx, I have an update. The micro chip shortage has delayed the TRX for a while. But it should be ready to build next month. I'm sorry it is taking so long. I am anxious to see this truck and I am getting frustrated I can't even imagine what you are going through. But hopefully this news brightens your day."
Thought I would share, idk how this news is supposed to brighten my day. Already started the day off climbing under my house because the pipes froze. Sitting at -15 atm. I thought Fridays were supposed to be good and Mondays were for bad news.

Last edited:
Are you in D status? Wondering where they are getting their dates from....(just curious, seems random)

Never have had a update other than D1 status. Ordered 8/20

I was aware about the shortage but just got this message from dealer this morning. More delays, bug surprise...😒
"Hey xxxx, I have an update. The micro chip shortage has delayed the TRX for a while. But it should be ready to build next month. I'm sorry it is taking so long. I am anxious to see this truck and I am getting frustrated I can't even imagine what you are going through. But hopefully this news brightens your day."
Thought I would share, idk how this news is supposed to brighten my day. Already started the day off climbing under my house because the pipes froze. Sitting at -15 atm. I thought Fridays were supposed to be good and Mondays were for bad news.
Time for a nice hot toddy by the fireplace. Sorry for your predicament.

Yeah I
I was aware about the shortage but just got this message from dealer this morning. More delays, bug surprise...😒
am not sure how that would brighten anyone’s days.

Maybe he meant to say there is a chirp shortage.
Or maybe he meant to say it’s a ship shortage. That could explain why trucks are not shipping.

Last edited:
odd.....if in D1, all parts should be there and accounted for.

I thought anyway....
It's confusing but my understanding from talking to my sources is basically you are flagged in the plant system as D1 about 90 days before your build week. To the dealer you may be C/D status until a couple weeks before the plant system updates the dealer that you are in D1 status. There are a lot of codes the plant hides from the dealers...

So essentially they use the build week your truck is assigned to get your parts in by that week. Parts come in, you get built. Parts delayed or damaged, you get pushed. They will revert you back to D status in the dealer system and then do the same process again of getting your parts by the new build week and flag you D1 again on the dealer end if the parts are on the way within 2 weeks. If not, you stay D status on the dealer end until your parts become available or you might get kicked out to one of the B status codes if something like beadlocks isn't available. They could ask you to drop it and then you'll get picked back up in the rotation faster because your other parts are already there

Back