Change options after “D” status?

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
19’ Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Hey all. After ordering and receiving a VIN I requested to add red accents. My Salesman conveyed that no changes could be made because the VIN was already assigned. Has Anyone changed their order after your VIN was assigned? If so, what was the process?

Thanks!

Hey all. After ordering and receiving a VIN I requested to add red accents. My Salesman conveyed that no changes could be made because the VIN was already assigned. Has Anyone changed their order after your VIN was assigned? If so, what was the process?

Thanks!
I tried changing while in BG status 3 days after I ordered (8/19), I have an updated POC with the change (bed utility group) and was told ~ 3 weeks ago it was not added, ran it up to regional and nothing could be changed. Hopefully your answer is different.

I tried changing while in BG status 3 days after I ordered (8/19), I have an updated POC with the change (bed utility group) and was told ~ 3 weeks ago it was not added, ran it up to regional and nothing could be changed. Hopefully your answer is different.
Thanks for the info! I’ll try one more time. It’s not as if it’s scheduled to be built yet. Crossing my fingers.

I believe that if you hammer the dealer who then hammers the Fca regional rep something can get done. The Fca rep has the power as long as you haven’t gone to D1 status.

I believe that if you hammer the dealer who then hammers the Fca regional rep something can get done. The Fca rep has the power as long as you haven’t gone to D1 status.
Thanks! I’ll reach out to the Sales Manager tomorrow. Appreciate the info!

I was able to change color after VIN (D status) assigned. The General Sales Manager had to email someone (assuming FCA Regional Rep) and 3 days later I got confirmation the color had been changed. I received a new POC with the same VIN just a color change. Was also told the order of my build wouldn’t be affected by this change.

This is same as I was told.

Thanks! I’ll reach out to the Sales Manager tomorrow. Appreciate the info!
And by the way if the dealer says it can’t be done he isn’t trying at all. Cheers

And by the way if the dealer says it can’t be done he isn’t trying at all. Cheers
Agreed. I’ll reach out to my Salesman one last time. If he continues to say he can’t help , I’ll speak to his Manager.
Thanks again

I was able to change color after VIN (D status) assigned. The General Sales Manager had to email someone (assuming FCA Regional Rep) and 3 days later I got confirmation the color had been changed. I received a new POC with the same VIN just a color change. Was also told the order of my build wouldn’t be affected by this change.
Awesome. This is good ammo for me when I reach out in the morning.
Thanks!

The rep can push it.
I added red interior on Jan 21st.
Went D1 jan. 27th.
Truck built 2/12 and red accents are on the build sheet

The rep can push it.
I added red interior on Jan 21st.
Went D1 jan. 27th.
Truck built 2/12 and red accents are on the build sheet

thanks much! I sent an email to the Sales Manager last night. I’ll reach out today with a follow up call. It sounds like I can make a change if I push for it. “As long as I don’t go D1 today. I don’t think I’ll go D1 until April or so.
Thanks for the advice and all you do! Congrats on your build! It’s about time.

I wanted to add the Tech package 2 weeks after receiving the VIN but my GM couldn't do it. He told me that I could cancel and wait for the next allocation.

Thanks!
Yes as long as it is in D. Looks like once you move to D1 the answer is no. I can confirm because I did it. It did require support from the regional rep to make some or all of the changes.

That is because your dealership did not go to bat for you. I can confirm my dealership made changes while in D status.

That is because your dealership did not go to bat for you. I can confirm my dealership made changes while in D status.
Copy that. I’ll speak with the Sales Manager. I sent him an email explaining that it’s been accomplished through A Region Rep and I expressed this is what I expected from him. I may just drop in and speak with him.
Thanks for the 411. I had a feeling the sales guy was not doing what he could for me.

Talked to the owner and he swore up and down he did, its a small dealer so maybe that had something to do with it and the regional didnt feel the need to appease. But really pisses me off that they couldnt change it when I was in BG, sounding like it was all bull...

Talked to the owner and he swore up and down he did, its a small dealer so maybe that had something to do with it and the regional didnt feel the need to appease. But really pisses me off that they couldnt change it when I was in BG, sounding like it was all bull...
That sucks. We will see. I’ll update the thread after I speak with the Sales Manager.

Back