Change options after “D” status?

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
19’ Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Hey all. After ordering and receiving a VIN I requested to add red accents. My Salesman conveyed that no changes could be made because the VIN was already assigned. Has Anyone changed their order after your VIN was assigned? If so, what was the process?

Thanks!

edgecomb60

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
tundra for trx
Hey all. After ordering and receiving a VIN I requested to add red accents. My Salesman conveyed that no changes could be made because the VIN was already assigned. Has Anyone changed their order after your VIN was assigned? If so, what was the process?

Thanks!
I tried changing while in BG status 3 days after I ordered (8/19), I have an updated POC with the change (bed utility group) and was told ~ 3 weeks ago it was not added, ran it up to regional and nothing could be changed. Hopefully your answer is different.

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
I tried changing while in BG status 3 days after I ordered (8/19), I have an updated POC with the change (bed utility group) and was told ~ 3 weeks ago it was not added, ran it up to regional and nothing could be changed. Hopefully your answer is different.
Thanks for the info! I’ll try one more time. It’s not as if it’s scheduled to be built yet. Crossing my fingers.

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
I believe that if you hammer the dealer who then hammers the Fca regional rep something can get done. The Fca rep has the power as long as you haven’t gone to D1 status.

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
I believe that if you hammer the dealer who then hammers the Fca regional rep something can get done. The Fca rep has the power as long as you haven’t gone to D1 status.
Thanks! I’ll reach out to the Sales Manager tomorrow. Appreciate the info!

ERIC702

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2020 Ford Raptor
I was able to change color after VIN (D status) assigned. The General Sales Manager had to email someone (assuming FCA Regional Rep) and 3 days later I got confirmation the color had been changed. I received a new POC with the same VIN just a color change. Was also told the order of my build wouldn’t be affected by this change.

Solaris

Raptor Hunter
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Hydro Blue TRX
Current Ride #2
2019 Rebel
This is same as I was told.

Caliche

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2018 Polaris 1000 Ranger SxS
Thanks! I’ll reach out to the Sales Manager tomorrow. Appreciate the info!
And by the way if the dealer says it can’t be done he isn’t trying at all. Cheers

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
And by the way if the dealer says it can’t be done he isn’t trying at all. Cheers
Agreed. I’ll reach out to my Salesman one last time. If he continues to say he can’t help , I’ll speak to his Manager.
Thanks again

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
I was able to change color after VIN (D status) assigned. The General Sales Manager had to email someone (assuming FCA Regional Rep) and 3 days later I got confirmation the color had been changed. I received a new POC with the same VIN just a color change. Was also told the order of my build wouldn’t be affected by this change.
Awesome. This is good ammo for me when I reach out in the morning.
Thanks!

KnightMare

Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '19 Sprinter 144, '19 Accord, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
The rep can push it.
I added red interior on Jan 21st.
Went D1 jan. 27th.
Truck built 2/12 and red accents are on the build sheet

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
The rep can push it.
I added red interior on Jan 21st.
Went D1 jan. 27th.
Truck built 2/12 and red accents are on the build sheet

thanks much! I sent an email to the Sales Manager last night. I’ll reach out today with a follow up call. It sounds like I can make a change if I push for it. “As long as I don’t go D1 today. I don’t think I’ll go D1 until April or so.
Thanks for the advice and all you do! Congrats on your build! It’s about time.

VinnyTRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I wanted to add the Tech package 2 weeks after receiving the VIN but my GM couldn't do it. He told me that I could cancel and wait for the next allocation.

Ramathorn

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2015 Ram 2500 MegaCab Blackout Edition 6.7
I had no trouble switching either.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
Army

Thanks!
Yes as long as it is in D. Looks like once you move to D1 the answer is no. I can confirm because I did it. It did require support from the regional rep to make some or all of the changes.

Hellasaurus

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Military
Army
That is because your dealership did not go to bat for you. I can confirm my dealership made changes while in D status.

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
That is because your dealership did not go to bat for you. I can confirm my dealership made changes while in D status.
Copy that. I’ll speak with the Sales Manager. I sent him an email explaining that it’s been accomplished through A Region Rep and I expressed this is what I expected from him. I may just drop in and speak with him.
Thanks for the 411. I had a feeling the sales guy was not doing what he could for me.

edgecomb60

TRX Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
tundra for trx
Talked to the owner and he swore up and down he did, its a small dealer so maybe that had something to do with it and the regional didnt feel the need to appease. But really pisses me off that they couldnt change it when I was in BG, sounding like it was all bull...

OP
S

SFWSCX3

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
Talked to the owner and he swore up and down he did, its a small dealer so maybe that had something to do with it and the regional didnt feel the need to appease. But really pisses me off that they couldnt change it when I was in BG, sounding like it was all bull...
That sucks. We will see. I’ll update the thread after I speak with the Sales Manager.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com