Name
Somerville
Current Ride
2021 TRex
Current Ride #2
2013 Corvette
Military
Ex Navy
Im curious about tint on the pano roof? My tint guy talked me out of tinting the sun roof. He’s been in the business for 30 years. He basically said it was not a good idea and did not want to just take my money.

Jeffro

TRX Member
Reaction score
Name
Jeff
Current Ride
2018 Ford Raptor, '22 TRX in D status
Current Ride #2
'32 Ford Roadster, 1954 Chevy
Im curious about tint on the pano roof? My tint guy talked me out of tinting the sun roof. He’s been in the business for 30 years. He basically said it was not a good idea and did not want to just take my money.
My current truck is tinted with no issues living in Florida, but I have had a prior vehicle that was talked out of doing the sunroof at the time. I believe it had something to do with it getting too hot and cracking? If I am wrong please correct me.

zeroghd

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX, '07 Jeep JK
Current Ride #2
202 Cadilac CT5V
I got the Pinnacle ceramic from Llumar on mine. With the warranty provided through them and me knowing the installer on a personal level, I don't see it being an issue for me. Peeling, bubbling, de laminating covered under the warranty. If the Texas heat F's it up, it gets repaired under warranty.

litig8r187

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Current Ride
Jeep SRT
I just had mine done with Kavaca IR 15% tint. I’ve done it on my last 5 rides with no issues.

TReX-RAM

TRX Junkie 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
Thanks. Did it make a big difference during the day in the heat?
Night and day difference. The cab stays cooler and more importantly so does my follicle challenged cabeza.
Before the tint I could feel a 10 degree difference on my scalp. I am 6’2” and still tend to position my seat a little high. After the pano tint I could ride with the screen open and pano closed and not tell a difference in temp. Granted, we are talking about CA weather and I have not felt anything above 90 this year thus far.

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Night and day difference. The cab stays cooler and more importantly so does my follicle challenged cabeza.
Before the tint I could feel a 10 degree difference on my scalp. I am 6’2” and still tend to position my seat a little high. After the pano tint I could ride with the screen open and pano closed and not tell a difference in temp. Granted, we are talking about CA weather and I have not felt anything above 90 this year thus far.
Perfect thanks. I’m 6’5 and position the seat low but even my SVR with the pano roof burns my head tooo lol. Sooo i’m looking to get that ceramic tint on there and hopefully feel that 19 degree difference as well. Thanks for the info

Raven

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
I agree. If the sun is too intense hit the button and cover the pano.

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
I agree. If the sun is too intense hit the button and cover the pano.
I have done search after search and have found no solid proof and no professional tint shops that i have called have said you shouldn’t do it. It definitely will protect you from glass everywhere if a rock shoots up and breaks it but i mean the tint is on the inside of all windows and not the outside so it should be the same amount of heat i would think but i’m not a glass expert.

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
FE91695C-6577-421B-9FF4-F1EE7DA11AD3.jpeg

I’m only wanna do this due to the heat. I had a rebel with the standard sunroof and with the black interior and no ventilated seats on the 2018 Rebel it was brutal in there. I can only imagine how bad the pano roof will be. But of course everyone has a different idea for their own trucks.

Raven

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
CHAD
Current Ride
2020 RAM 1500 Limited
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Military
Navy
Why is it so difficult to press a button and close the canopy? I do it all the time on my 2020 Limited when the sun is too intense.

HydroTRX420

TRX Fanatic
Reaction score
Name
TJ
Current Ride
Jaguar Fpace SVR
Why is it so difficult to press a button and close the canopy? I do it all the time on my 2020 Limited when the sun is too intense.
It’s not difficult but I don’t have a pano roof to keep the shade closed on beautiful days.

TReX-RAM

TRX Junkie 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
I have no idea what the fuss is about. Before I tinted the pano I had the shade closed most of the time and now I do not. I guess I could have taken a temp gauge reading before and after, but hell, I already have been down this road before and knew it was money worth spending.

RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com