Center Console Gun Storage Update "Lock'er Down"

juicebox

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
I finally pulled the trigger on the Lock'er Down EXxtreme Console Safe today, part# LD2088EX. I opted for the electronic lock over the 4-digit tumbler after MUCH debate. What sold me is the electronic lock can use 3-15 digits for the code, whereas the tumbler is only 4 digits. With only 4-digits, there's only 1,000 combinations to guess until you get it. And with 2 little ones in the house, it's only a matter of time before they get curious what daddy keeps in the truck :ROFLMAO:

If anybody is interested in ordering soon, use code SPRINGFLING to get 10% off. They also have free shipping right now as well!

dkmma

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Shelby GT350
I finally pulled the trigger on the Lock'er Down EXxtreme Console Safe today, part# LD2088EX. I opted for the electronic lock over the 4-digit tumbler after MUCH debate. What sold me is the electronic lock can use 3-15 digits for the code, whereas the tumbler is only 4 digits. With only 4-digits, there's only 1,000 combinations to guess until you get it. And with 2 little ones in the house, it's only a matter of time before they get curious what daddy keeps in the truck :ROFLMAO:

If anybody is interested in ordering soon, use code SPRINGFLING to get 10% off. They also have free shipping right now as well!

Just ordered mine, thanks for the discount code. Worked great.

wac45

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
BMW 535i / Indian Chieftain Limited
Current Ride #2
2022 TRX delivered 03-17-22
Bobby, the owner of Locker Down will be sending one down to me for review once my truck comes in. He's sending the latest model.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts once you get it in your truck. I am over in Palm Harbor and considering this option now that my truck just got delivered to me.

os1r1s

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Stealth TRX
Current Ride #2
PA24-260

Just ordered. Thanks for the discount code.

NFARVW

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
Current Ride #2
2022 Volvo XC90 T8
I would be interested to hear your thoughts once you get it in your truck. I am over in Palm Harbor and considering this option now that my truck just got delivered to me.
I grew up in Palm Harbor and live not far from there. I can meet up when the safes are installed and you can take a look in person.

os1r1s

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Stealth TRX
Current Ride #2
PA24-260
I just got mine in and the top plate is damaged .... bent nearly 30 degrees. Now I have to wait for a replacement. Any of the recent orders found theirs to be messed up?

Jb123

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
I just got mine in and the top plate is damaged .... bent nearly 30 degrees. Now I have to wait for a replacement. Any of the recent orders found theirs to be messed up?
I am still awaiting mine. Will let you know when it arrives.

CobraOwner

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
C3E28DE3-3337-4ED3-8592-D04D2AF837AF.jpeg
Here is the console vault installed in my TRX

FFC3DD7E-7D7A-45AB-A3A9-957C0538293C.jpeg

juicebox

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
I ordered mine on March 25th. I got confirmation that it finally shipped yesterday, and it's supposed to be here in another day or two. I will confirm if mine has any damage when it shows up. Did you order the EXxtreme Console Safe, part# LD2088EX? I ordered mine with the electronic lock.

RaptorTillNow

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
My Granite (Best Color BTW) TRX BEAST!
Does anyone actually use the "plug" in the center console?

The reason I ask is that IS the reason these safe manufacturers didn't utilize the area to its fullest...(when I purchased my Locker down safe, it was the first thing I noticed...) The one I had in my raptor was much more usable, as it was deeper with a taller lid.

I think they should sell an "add-on kit" , with taller "legs" so the lid can sit above the plug, which would essentially double the inside space... And it seems it could be easily fabricated (hey Brawler... Project??👍)

I discussed this with the designer, Blake, and he actually thought it was a good idea... Everyone should email Blake at lockerdown and ask him to design this add on. My 0.2🇺🇸

os1r1s

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Stealth TRX
Current Ride #2
PA24-260
I ordered mine on March 25th. I got confirmation that it finally shipped yesterday, and it's supposed to be here in another day or two. I will confirm if mine has any damage when it shows up. Did you order the EXxtreme Console Safe, part# LD2088EX? I ordered mine with the electronic lock.
Yep. I ordered the exact same one. The replacement should be here tomorrow. They've been great about the replacement. Oddly enough I also had builtright panels damaged in shipping due to poor packing. That replacement has not gone nearly as smoothly. :(

os1r1s

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Stealth TRX
Current Ride #2
PA24-260
Does anyone actually use the "plug" in the center console?

The reason I ask is that IS the reason these safe manufacturers didn't utilize the area to its fullest...(when I purchased my Locker down safe, it was the first thing I noticed...) The one I had in my raptor was much more usable, as it was deeper with a taller lid.

I think they should sell an "add-on kit" , with taller "legs" so the lid can sit above the plug, which would essentially double the inside space... And it seems it could be easily fabricated (hey Brawler... Project??👍)

I discussed this with the designer, Blake, and he actually thought it was a good idea... Everyone should email Blake at lockerdown and ask him to design this add on. My 0.2🇺🇸
I think a taller one would be great. You can always use the 110 behind the console (or with the safe open if you need to. Not sure how often someone would actively be using a 110 outlet when they aren't in the truck.

Inside the safe would be a great place for a kill switch too. Wouldn't need a ravelco if one went that way ...

dkmma

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Current Ride
2017 Shelby GT350
I ordered the extreme with electronic lock over a month ago and just received it this week.

I don’t have my truck, so can’t review it yet. However, my first impressions of the product is not that great. This was a little over $500 and other than the lid, nothing else seems “safe” like. I also agree with the comments above about it being too shallow, it could definitely have been made taller.

They did add a gun magnet which was a nice surprise.

juicebox

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 RAM TRX
Current Ride #2
Yep. I ordered the exact same one. The replacement should be here tomorrow. They've been great about the replacement. Oddly enough I also had builtright panels damaged in shipping due to poor packing. That replacement has not gone nearly as smoothly. :(
I just got mine today. It doesn't appear to have any damage, BUT I'm not very happy about the gaps near the hinges. They are more than 1/8" inch! I haven't installed it yet, but I would think you could literally flash a light into one gap and visually see the contents of the safe thru the other gap. On top of that, it's like the perfect gap/pry point to stick a crow bar and bust it open. Is this how it's supposed to look?

Locker Down console safe.jpg
Locker Down console safe gap.jpg

OP
OP
BusaDave

BusaDave

TRX Addict
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 BMW X5 M 2021 Black TRX Sold
Wish I had not started this thread. Junk..... Looks like something a 10 year old would design.

Johnkn

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
The best vehicle safe I've had was the E&G in my G2 Raptor, it was a true, 6-sided safe but unfortunately not available for the TRX. I have a Console Vault in my TRX, it ...works......

The Console Vault pictured above in post #110 can be moved way up, to just under the plug which will provide a lot more room inside....

Last edited: