Catalytic Converter Stolen

Looking at this closer, not sure if 3/16 thick aluminum is enough of a deterrent to an angle grinder or sawmill. I guess it would slow them down (how much?)
My guess is that those scumbags are wanting to get in and out as quick and easy as possible, and if they look under and cant see the cats or they are blocked, they might just move on

You can just unbolt it also. But 99% of the time they will just move on. They want quick and easy. The next truck won’t have it.
Not when you broach the bolt heads for a custom-made tool (think locking lugnut-style) and round the corners off the hex. I just ordered myself a set of these, and will be doing nasty things to most of the mounting bolts.

Looking at this closer, not sure if 3/16 thick aluminum is enough of a deterrent to an angle grinder or sawmill. I guess it would slow them down (how much?)
I doubt these shitbags have anything more than a battery sawsall...probably a Ryobi...just sayin..Spendy, but the skid plate looks like the solution. Hopefully they'll die in a horrific barn fire and they locate your cats in the back of their slammed Civic

Thats so freaking stupid. Sorry to hear/see them do that to your vehicle. Hopefully insurance covers the cost enough to cover headers, sport cats, and a nice exhaust for the price of the factory cats.

I am a third generation veteran in my family and I love my country, however, I really hate what it is slowly turning into. An attitude that it is perfectly fine to just steal and take what you want with no consequences, all while people feeling sorry for all these POS, because they victims of society. F@*K them. Sorry, I am done now. I feel bad that this happened to you.

that looks good but the cost doubles with this setup. 919 x 2?
Have no idea which size we would need, or even how good of a fit it would be on the TRX, but for a similar price to the skid plates I would be interested if all I cared about was protecting the cats.

Holy hell, that’s ridiculous. Isn’t a complete Hellcat engine only a couple grand more than that? Does anyone else find it ludicrous that this is so expensive? These cats are 16% of your entire MSRP.
These are not your average fed standard cats, these are CA CARB cats with solid gold plates on the inside of it.

OP see this thread below. Maybe he still have it.

I hate these low life. I am out in NYC and this is a profitable business for them . Some are armed and will banish a gun at the owner , and if they are caught its a slap in the wrist in the big city . They can have 1 million cats in the back of their car and the Da office will not charge them with it cause there is no identifying marks (vin) to tell who's Car it came from to get a complainant and most cases I see they will only be prosecuted only on the one they was seen taking and depending on the value it would be court fees and or community service. And these guys in NYC will hit about 20 cars in a neighborhood in a night and at $200 for a cat.
Check your local police department they might offer free etching on your cat. I know midas was offering it too .Some pct in NYPD does . Just in case you are victim and they found the cat atleast they can proscute.

Not when you broach the bolt heads for a custom-made tool (think locking lugnut-style) and round the corners off the hex. I just ordered myself a set of these, and will be doing nasty things to most of the mounting bolts.
Go with a security / anti tamper bolt, the criminals will not be carrying an assortment of security drivers to remove them.

Reactions: LDN
I saw a couple of different security options at SEMA this year. Aftermarket catalytic converter makers have gotten into the security devices. I stopped at a both to check one out and the guy said "are you interested in some catalytic converters?" I said "no, just trying to keep the ones that I have..." The two options I saw were in the ~$250 range. I think they might have already been mentioned in this thread already. Here are ones similar to what I saw at SEMA-

I saw a couple of different security options at SEMA this year. Aftermarket catalytic converter makers have gotten into the security devices. I stopped at a both to check one out and the guy said "are you interested in some catalytic converters?" I said "no, just trying to keep the ones that I have..." The two options I saw were in the ~$250 range. I think they might have already been mentioned in this thread already. Here are ones similar to what I saw at SEMA-

That second option looks really low priced compared to others, if it fits.

14k holy crap AND THEY PROBABLY GOING TO GET 200 A PIECE AT A SCRAP YARD. Don't want to sound like a nut job but I am starting to think this will be the new norm Noone care cause everyone wins the low life to the manufacturer of new and aftermarket

After reading this thread and searching the forum. The foutz skid plates seem to be a decent deterrent (nothing is full proof) but expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems cheaper.

Its the same concept but just covers intended area.

After reading this thread and searching the forum. The foutz skid plates seem to be a decent deterrent (nothing is full proof) but expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems cheaper.

Looks interesting, would like more pics of it fitted though.

Looks interesting, would like more pics of it fitted though.
Agreed, this does look more like something that I would want to get without having to get the full foutz plates. I would also be interested in seeing it on an actual truck. Looks to be a decent find at least.

Back